[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is awful from start to finish. And yet, all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 51I0V8keJCL._SY400_.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
51I0V8keJCL._SY400_.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
This album is awful from start to finish. And yet, all of the dongs sound great live. Why is that?
>>
it's crust pop desu
>>
I think the better question is: why are you such a pleb?
>>
Haha you said dongs.

Also this album is fucking amazing you melon.
>>
>>60537241
>dongs
heh
>>
>>60537259
Disagree. It's easily Ween's worst album.
>>
>>60537315

I don't think so, but even a bad Ween album is still a great album.
>>
>>60537315
>>60537349
forgetting Chocolate and Cheese that has one good song
>>
>>60537369

>Chocolate and Cheese
>one good song

b-back the fuck off
>>
>>60537385
two if you count Spinal Meningitis
>>
THIS IS JUST A POST TO SAY THAT CHOCOLATE AND CHEESE THE MOLLUSK AND WHITE PEPPER ARE THE ONLY GOOD WEEN ALBUMS
>>
>>60537369
What song would that be?
>>
>>60537628
What Deaner Was Talkin About
>>
>>60537622
I will never get why people like White Pepper. That shit is bland as fuck.
>>
>>60537643
Keep on enjoying The Pod, my good ole chum!
>>
>>60537622
Every Ween album is good.

[spoiler]Except for Pure Guava, of course.[/spoiler]
>>
>>60537660
At least it has character and tries to do its own thing instead of shitting out a generic sounding version of psychedelic rock that has been done better a million more times than that piece of shit.
>>
GodWeenSatan is the best by a mile
>>
>>60537643
I agree

Patrician rankings:

The Mollusk=GWS>Pure Guava>Chocolate & Cheese>The Pod>Quebec>significant power gap>White Pepper>12GCG>LC
>>
>>60537702
its the exact same as godweensatan which is terrible
the only good song on pod Pork Roll Egg & Cheese and thats because it isn't some wacky 'brown' shit that they can't stop fucking doing over and over again
>>
>>60537730
If you don't like quirky/random and just plain chaotic Ween, then you're not actually a Ween fan. You're just a pleb.
>>
>>60537756
this.

that's what Ween fucking ARE
>>
>>60537756
I'd say the same goes for those who can't appreciate Ween's more polished efforts.
>>
>>60537756
Keep being brown, my friend!
>>
File: 1409595192820.jpg (78 KB, 861x564) Image search: [Google]
1409595192820.jpg
78 KB, 861x564
>>60537638
>>
>>60537821
which songs do you like from that album
>>
I've tried Chocolate and Cheese and couple of times but I didn't really like it. It's not bad but I don't really see the big appeal. It's quirky but doesn't seem really affecting in any other way. Might as well be listening to Weird Al. Should I keep going?
>>
>>60537859
White Pepper
>>
>>60537852
Spinal Meningitis
A Tear For Eddie
Baby Bitch
Mister Would You Please Help My Pony
Buenos Tardes Amigo
What Deaner Was Talking About

I enjoy listening to the entire album as a cohesive thing, but those songs in particular are good
>>
>>60537859
If you're listening to Ween to laugh, you're doing it wrong. Yes, there is humor in many of their songs. But I've never found them particularly funny. They have more in common with Frank Zappa or Captain Beefheart than Weird Al. Listen to The Mollusk and Quebec, if you haven't already. If you like those, check out their earlier stuff.
>>
>>60537786
Ween changing their style and becoming more polished alienated the fanbase. What appealed to a lot of fans were their quirky, chaotic and sometimes offensive sense of humor. When they started having a more polished sound, it felt like they were just selling out and trying to be popular. I didn't like that, and I still don't like it. That's not what made Ween great. It's like when the Bee Gees were a great psychedelic pop band, but then disco come around and they conform to that. They betrayed their audience.
>>
>>60537954
you actually selected a few of the best songs on the album apart from Buenas Tardes Amigo and a Tear for Eddie which are literally unbearable
>>
>>60537969
They weren't selling out. They were becoming better musicians and songwriters. I like the early stuff, too. But if that's all they did for 20+ years, I dunno if I'd still be listening to them today.
>>
>>60538010
At my first Ween concert, they played Buenas Tardes Amigo three times in a row. :-\
>>
>>60538070
wut
I'd leave.
>>
>>60538027
>But if that's all they did for 20+ years, I dunno if I'd still be listening to them today.
Not all comedic music has to be the same you know. The Mollusk isn't really all that much like Pure Guava.

Also, look at The Resident's discography if you want to see a better example of variety.

And if they were becoming better musicians by changing their sound, then they wouldn't have pumped out White Pepper.
>>
>>60538238
If all you want from Gene and Dean are lo-fi poop and dick jokes then, you sir, are a pleb and unfit to call yourself a Ween fan.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.