[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you're setup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DSCI0110.jpg (2 MB, 3127x2345) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0110.jpg
2 MB, 3127x2345
post your sesup

this is mine.
i like it.
>>
That looks pretty comfy man. How much did you pay for your AKAI?
>>
>>60536083
Dunno anymore. Bought it new, so probably too much.
>>
File: DSC05834.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC05834.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
it may not look like it but there are like 50 empty water bottles behind this ball
>>
>>60535630
Could you still produce some good projects without all this setup just with your PC and computer keyboard ?
>>
>>60536418
Yes, but it would be less fun.
At least without the MPD and drumset, good speakers are a must.

>>60536395
I never would have guessed.
>>
>>60536395
I think it's funny how you have an nwa poster and a mitt romney poster
>>
>>60536438
I'm sure dre would've endorsed mitt had he been alive in 2012 RIP
>>
>>60535630
Your mspaint face is disgusting
>>
>>60536457
You should hop on over to [s4s] and get with the times.
>>
>>60535630

Been thinking more and more lately that I want a setup like this to fuck around on. Never learned to play any instruments etc other than the gat when I was like 13 and emo, but like to think I am somewhat of a connoisseur on what makes good/bad music. Not some EDM/dubstep kid wanting to do some youtube tutorials on how to sound like skrillex.

Any beginner tips for an absolute rookie? At this point I'm thinking about buying some basic as fuck keyboard and just learning to play that while getting the hang of some basic editing software.
>>
>>60536508
Use ableton, build up sample library, experiment and manipulate sound, there are no rules
>>
>>60536508
Good idea. I plan on getting a basic midi keyboard, too. Softwarewise I'd recommend UbuntuStudio, it's a distro with all the software you'd need for anything musical (and it's absolutely free!). My friends with a Maschine controller actually envy me for the shit I can pull with my MPD and UbuntuStudio. It will take a little while to get used to though, but that the same with every new program.

Also what this guy >>60536519 said, build up a sample library. Try sampling a lot yourself, you will make really unique and personal music that way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.