[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/ I finally want to start collecting cassettes and some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cJ8giSO.png (328 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
cJ8giSO.png
328 KB, 900x636
So /mu/ I finally want to start collecting cassettes and some cassettes I want to make on my own.

How would I go about making my own cassettes? Like is it possible to have mp3 to cassette? Or is there a different way
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (199 KB, 1595x542) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
199 KB, 1595x542
>>60534259
>Like is it possible to have mp3 to cassette?

Yes. If your soundcard should have an audio out, you run that to audio in/rec rca plugs on the back of the cassette player (see pic. One of those sets of RCA plugs will be your audio in).

A player like the one in the pic will cost you about 10.00-30.00.
>>
>>60534259
Yeah, you can just get an app and crossload the mp3 to the cassette. They can only hold like 64k of data though (old tech) so make sure you use a low bit-rate mp3.
>>
this is pathetic tbqh
>>
File: onboard-soundcard.jpg (92 KB, 525x250) Image search: [Google]
onboard-soundcard.jpg
92 KB, 525x250
Buy yourself a 3.5mm to RCA Y cable, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-5mm-Male-2-Male-Adapter/dp/B004YEBK66

Plug in the 3.5mm side to your soundcard's audio out and the RCA plugs into the cassette player's audio/rec in. Pop in a tape, cue up, and hit record.
>>
Thanks guys, anymore info would be appreciated
>>
>>60534312
>>60534360
Wait, record it in real time???

That's like xeroxing your phone.

Just cross load the data to the cassette in a fraction of the time!
>>
>>60534384
or just use mp3s instead of this useless archaic technology like the insufferable fart huffing image-obsessed pricks you are
>>
>>60534384

What gear do you need for that?
>>
>>60534419

He might want to release his music on cassette and likes the aesthetic/distortion tape adds, or has an old car with just a cassette deck.
>>
Well I want to collect tangible music, not cds but vinyl and cassette if possible thats all
>>
>>60534384

Also, how does that work considering MP3 files (files, not the music, since obviously when the music is player it is converted to analog) are digital and tape is analog?

Not doubting. Just curious. Sounds cool.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.