[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Billy Joel Wrote Piano Man at 24. Tom Waits Wrote Martha at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Born-to-Run-4form.jpg (28 KB, 620x370) Image search: [Google]
Born-to-Run-4form.jpg
28 KB, 620x370
Billy Joel
Wrote Piano Man at 24.
Tom Waits
Wrote Martha at 24.
Bruce Springsteen
Wrote Born to Run at 25.
Bob Dylan
Wrote Time they are changing at 23.

How did these guys have such perspective at a young age? I honestly can't comprehend having this much wisdom at such a young age... fuck me
>>
i wrote my first song when i was 5
>>
File: nursery cryme.jpg (94 KB, 625x629) Image search: [Google]
nursery cryme.jpg
94 KB, 625x629
The lads made this album when they were only 20 or 21

The world works in strange ways OP idk
>>
>>60530265
>Billy Joel
>Tom Waits
>Bruce Springsteen
>Bob Dylan
>Perspective
>Wisdom
>Fuck me
yes, fuck you indeed
>>
>>60530307
>i'm i patrician yet?
>>
>>60530307
listen to the lyrics you moron. could you have come up with that shit in your 20s?
>>
tom waits writing martha at 24 is pretty fucking wierd tho
>>
File: rent_sickboy.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rent_sickboy.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>60530334
They were admittedly incredibly talented, but the reflective or meditative qualities of these songs could also be attributed to the time they were writing in. The language they use and the situations they address were widely used/talked about in their time. The perspectives they write from were more commonly emplyed. So I guess these songs don't exist alone, they're an iteration of stuff other people were doing and had been doing for a while. And when it comes to popular music, the razor sharp interpretation of modes and short term prediction of trends are one of the if not the most important skills for success, and these are skills that the young possess comparatively effortlessly compared with older people.
>>
>>60530265
They were probably out living life when they were young. I know all I've done so far is college and sitting in a fluorescent office all day pretending that when I graduate things will be different and I'll travel or find something I'm passionate about or even finally record some music or something oh god help me I'm spiraling
>>
they werent masturbating all day like everyone these days
>>
>>60530307
Bob Dylan definitely displayed perspective and wisdom from a young age.
>>
>>60532141
This post is way too relatable.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.