[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are so many aspiring musicians out there trying to 'make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: danny devito.jpg (24 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
danny devito.jpg
24 KB, 480x482
There are so many aspiring musicians out there trying to 'make it', and all I've heard is how hard it is and how unlikely you are to get noticed.. But I have a different theory, that most musicians are actually way worse than they think. I work at a radio station and I listen to TONS of new music that is sent to us from promoters and most of it is absolute shit. These are people that genuinely think they're going to make it. So if you have a band and you just can't get a break and no one is paying attention to your music, think about this: with the internet it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a good musician and not be noticed (provided you put in a reasonable amount of effort). So you probably just suck!
>>
>>60527037
this f a m t b h
>>
>>60527037
Hint: popularity is not correlative to musical talent. Hint 2: technical talent is not the same as emotional appeal. To become mainstream, you have to appeal to the mainstream, which only cares about emotional appeal and relatability.
>>
>>60527037
or maybe they didn't pay you to play their shitty records like the rest of the bands do
>>
>>60527109
>Hint: popularity is not correlative to musical talent.

With the internet it could be.

>To become mainstream, you have to appeal to the mainstream

Mainstream isn't the only kind of popularity. There is an audience for everything thanks to the internet.

>or maybe they didn't pay you to play their shitty records like the rest of the bands do

We are a very small station and the music that promoters send us is very unknown. It is also all free, and also I don't get paid.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 700x700
>>60527037
I see no flaws here.
>>
>>60527037
youre kinda right

it also takes a lot of promotion of your own work

I keep seeing flaws in my work and try getting better, even if its just mixing and mastering etc
>>
You have to sell your soul to the devil to make it. That's all it is. If you are marginally talented they'll find a niche or a way to use you, and I assume those who make it big are the people who are willing to be the most evil people.

I'm telling the truth when I say before I even made contact with the music industry, I got offered by people to sell my soul for riches, fame, and "classic albums". Masons told me this.
>>
>>60527258
Can you please operationally define "selling your soul"?
>>
>>60527457

Hmmm. See, I didn't get "far enough" to ever truly find what it really means.They just said I would need to do it to advance any further.

If you look it up, you can find the rituals needed to be done in order to "sell your soul".

You'd also have to consider the figurative implications. "Selling your soul" would be giving up any and all morality for what you desired. Giving up your free will. Giving up your chance at heaven, etc.

though if you believe in souls, you can't ACTUALLY sell it. It doesn't belong to you. It would belong to God. It would be the devil's job in convincing one that he had ownership over your soul, when he really does not.
>>
it's very hard to market music with little money, maybe if you were extremely talented and emailed some labels then sure.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.