[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While /mu/ is all hyped about bowie, has anybody else seen this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: display.jpg (100 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
display.jpg
100 KB, 849x1200
While /mu/ is all hyped about bowie, has anybody else seen this movie that he stars in? I wasn't expecting much until I saw that it was received so well online. I watched it and I absolutely hated it. Way too long, meandering, pointless. I don't get the praise, and I am a Bowie fan. What do you think?
>>
You're entitled to your opinion.
>>
I liked it, but I don't think it would have been as good of a movie if bowie wasn't in it. Fair point about how long it was, they could've tightened it up a bit
>>
It's in my filing cabinet of shit I bought on impulse and have never watched is my opinion
>>
>>60526198
It's a very slow paced film. Some older movies especially from the 70s are really unbearable with modern sensibilities. Also he's not really acting. He's going thru coke withdraw and being himself.

The sex scene was cool though.

Bowie just wrote a sequel that's a musical called Lazarus. It's on stage right now in New York.
>>
I didn't see this, but I've seen The Labyrinth maybe 4 or 5 times or so if that counts for anything.
>>
>>60527277
that wasn't his coke withdrawal period, that was his "so much coke he sees bodies falling past his window and saves his piss and spunk in jars in the fridge so witches don't steal them" period
>>
>>60527277
Lazarus has 4 new songs and 11 reworked old songs. This is Not America is the only song that's been revealed so far.
>>
>>60526198
how the fuck did the poster artist draw him with such a gigantic nose?
literally the defining feature on bowie's face is his slender-ass pixie nose
how do you fuck up that bad?
>>
>>60527348
He promised to do the movie sober which lead to him writing an autobiography of the Thin White Duke. Bowie was fucked up before STS. It took a mountain of coke and an ocean of cognac to record Young Americans.
>>
>>60527377
THE famous feature of his face is his eyes. The hat he's wearing covers an eye.
>>
I like it and I think most or some of Low was made originally to score the movie.
>>
File: db and iman.jpg (80 KB, 328x600) Image search: [Google]
db and iman.jpg
80 KB, 328x600
Good music. He has a full frontal nude scene in the movie.
>>
>>60527857
IIRC it's only one track that made it from the demos he made to score the film. And at that, it's only a piece of it.
>>
>>60527857
TMWFTE soundtrack is still stuck in Davy Jones' locker. The bass part of Subterraneans played in reverse was used though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.