[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best mix of Raw Power?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Raw power.jpg (88 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
Raw power.jpg
88 KB, 319x319
Although it's considered to be one of the greatest rock records of all time, it's famously been known to be mixed pretty poorly. With bowie's mix being too thin and iggy's 97 remix caked with digital distortion and everything clipped. They had a recent remaster in 2010, What is your favorite mix of Raw power and why?
>>
the original, its so bad that its good
>>
>>60521852
Fun house is beter
>>
Bruce Dickinson mix
>>
>>60521852
I'd recommend looking for a 2012 vinyl rip of Iggy's remix if you want a good sounding version. I don't usually like vinyl rips, but it's the only way to hear that version not loud as fuck and with dynamics. There's no way in hell they sourced the vinyl from the cd master because if they did, the stylus would be hopping all over the place, and if they further compressed it, it would be obvious.
>>
>>60521959
I'll check that out. I loved fun house and I wanna have the best copy of raw power that I can
>>
What stooges album is better?
>>
>>60521852
Iggy's mix was the first i ever listened to, then when i later discovered that there was a bowie mix i tried listening to it and it was horrible. It had lost the "bite" if you know what i mean. I guess i can understand why some people would prefer the bowie mix but it think that most of that could be atributed to nostalgia above anything else. The Iggy mix is i guess more "powerful", it fits in with the songs i really don't mind the extra distortion. I think that is what makes it great, the fact that its a noisy mess and that you really feel like this album was made by a fucking lunatic and his cronies. Bowie did a great job considering he had like 3 days to do it though.

tldr i don't care and you can listen to whatever you like the best
>>
>>60521954
Where can I find it?
>>
And why they change the name to IGGY and the stooges?
>>
>>60521994
All of them are worth listening to, personal favourite is Raw Power. There's only three albums in total so you really should listen to them all because there are great songs on all of them. Skip the weirdness and the other one that was released a few years ago though, they are both awful
>>
>>60521994
I keep changing my mind, right now it's the S/T if only because We Will Fall is brilliant and something different.
>>
>>60521852
The one that won't give me permanent eardrum damage
>>
>>60521993
if you use rutracker, there's a rip on there that's good (by DeusIrae72). Only problem is the audio is 24bits, so you'd have to figure out how to downsample to 16bits if you don't listen to 24bit audio.
>>
>>60521959
link?
>>
>>60521994
s/t has some of the most monotonous singing ive heard
iggy got much better with fun house and raw power
favourite of mine is fun house
>>
Iggy Pop/Stooges seem like a band that people say is really cool and act like they listen to him/them but I don't think anyone really does.

This is my favorite Iggy Pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X08Y38927xI
>>
>>60522065
sorry just saw that thanks
>>
>>60521994
Fun House it's probably one of the greatest "turn your brain off and just enjoy the tide" albums ever but my favorite is their debut
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx7IXk_P8C8
>>
>>60522123
haha that song is ridiculous. Mine is probably I'm Bored
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=def3ob2h-1s

this song is cool too, i think it was in crocodile dundee

i like iggy pops more normal sounding shit
the stooges are too tiring to listen to
>>
>>60522271
lol
>>
bump for the stooges
>>
>>60521852
I've heard the Bowie mix and I own it but I kind of would rather get the Iggy mix.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.