[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you know it's just a little too late
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: angelplsdontgo.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
angelplsdontgo.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
you know it's just a little too late
>>
fuk u daniel
>>
>>60519387
is his version of "i only have eyes for you" an in-joke reference sort of thing?
>>
BE REAL
>>
D E M E R O L
>>
I know that door shuts just before
>>
>>60519436
be nice
>>
It doesn't matter anyway.
>>
F E E L I N G S
>>
DO YOU EVER SEE IN YOUR DREAMS S S
ALL THE CASTLES IN THE SKY Y Y Y Y
>>
>>60519387
yo I was listening to that this morning man jeez that one goes so hard.
>>
File: image1.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
i saw OPN last night in williamsburg it was fucking transcendent
>>
nobody here
n o b o d y h e r e
n o b o d y h e r e
n o b o d y h e r e
>>
>>60519647
how does 'no good' sound live?
>>
>>60519663
it sounded fantastic. dan was talking in like, sticky drama alien voice filter the whole time and he introduces the song like "THIS ONE'S CALLED...NOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD". he pretty much sang all the vocals live like that, it was so legit. he ended the set with 'no good' and it really echoed and was super overwhelming. i cried lol
>>
>>60519784
man that song makes me cum

couldn't imagine hearing it in person like that. cool stuff man, sounds like you had fun
>>
>>60519510
No, it's just a really good deconstruction of a classic love song which retains an odd sort of emotional power despite being so manipulated out of sounding human.
>>
>>60519834
it was super cathartic desu

also here is a video i took of this cool ezra animation that was projected on the wall at the venue

https://youtu.be/eEtayj25dXA
>>
>>60519647
Seeing him in Portland soon.

Just out of curiousity, did he play any non-GOD tracks? I saw him on the R+7 tour and absolutely loved it but I was also struck by how much non-album stuff he played (some of which was better than the album stuff). Plus he did Child Soldier.
>>
>>60520064
he played pretty much all stuff from GOD but there were a couple interludes where the song would go on and he would just jam over it or drop a ~funky beat~. there were a couple points in the night, esp the end of Sticky Drama, where everyone was actually dancing. he didn't play anything i recognized from another album
>>
>>60519387
A LITTLE TOO WRONG
AND I CAN'T WAIT
>>
>>60519647

Hate that I missed him when he was in Helsinki right after R+7 came out.

Saw Holly Herndon yesterday but it ain't the same.
>>
i like this guy's work but i havent really "felt" any of his latest work, some stuff is cool, i cant remember the name but i think it was an EP?
anyways, last album also got a cool aesthetic but the "le midi sound" is kinda chessy sometimes.
the only thing i really enjoy are the dania shapes albums, fucking beautiful, rec hard to anyone who likes this guy work but wants to hear a more emotional and organic sound from him.
can anyone give me some context of what this guy doing right now and shit? is 2deep4me?
>>
>>60519647
Fuck yes so excited to see him Wednesday with Ferraro did he play lift? Favorite track from GOD
>>60520064
See you there man it's going to be so rad
>>
>>60521012
He toured with Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails, filling in after Death Grips "broke up". Touring with them inspired the sound on Garden of Delete.

Assuming this is what you mean by "context"
>>
>>60521183
hell yea he played lift!!!
>>
>>60521273
also can you help get the name the release i liked?
i remember the album art having like a really glitchy square
>>
>>60521634
are you thinking of one of his Commissions EP's?
>>
File: cover.jpg (741 KB, 1632x1463) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
741 KB, 1632x1463
>>60521634
returnal fits that bill i suppose
>>
>>60521663
yeah this one is thanks
>>60521651
nope, still enjoyed that one thought, the breakcore opening was kwel
>>
Eccojams vol 2 when
>>
File: angelplsdongo.jpg (80 KB, 685x509) Image search: [Google]
angelplsdongo.jpg
80 KB, 685x509
just one more year and then you'll be happy
>>
>>60521930
The fake one isn't that bad
>>
>>60520235
you know
>>
>>60520003

IMO The Field's version "From Here we Go Sublime" is soooo much more rewarding.
>>
File: 1442051477953.jpg (10 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1442051477953.jpg
10 KB, 175x200
>>60519647
>williamsburg
>>
It's kind of depressing that he'll probably never make a better album than Eccojams but its even more depressing that the genre based on that album will never make an album better than Eccojams.
>>
>>60523425
lol i know
>>
>>60523479

I think that is a supremely contentious debate. I've listened to ECCOJAMS a handful of times (have had much more time to spend with his other releases), but the first part of your statement is really a crapshoot.

Without a doubt there are plenty of better vwave albums than ECCOJAMS. I don't think that is up for debate.
>>
>>60523687
1) nah its his best by a long shot, i like the rest of his albums but none of them ever reach the level of genius thats present in eccojams, 2) no
>>
eccojams is so pure conceptually compared to a lot of his other stuff which makes it easier to have a base-er emotional connection with it, i think, which is why some ppl prefer it to like GOD say which requires a lot more unraveling and deciphering to grapple
>>
>>60523479
>>60523687
I don't get why people praise Eccojams so much.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.