[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Drones.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Drones.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
What went wrong?
>>
>>60512229
They've been spiraling for 4 albums now.
>>
>letting the man make you think this album isn't GOAT
>>
To me? Nothing. I love the album. It does bum me out that it's more straightforward rock than they've ever been before, but hey, that cover of Sanctus Benedictus and shit like The Globalist tells me they're not done with flirting with weird shit, but instead just felt like making a more straightforward album. It was in order, it had been 3 albums of flirting with Middle Eastern music, classical and electronic.Probably my least favourite since Origin, but I still dug it quite a lot.
>>
the circlejerk about returning to their roots and Matt Bellamy getting even more hamfisted with the lyrics and themes
>>
They didn't wait for Radiohead to release an album first.
>>
>>60512371
The Muse is similar to Radiohead thing never made sense to me. The only Muse album where they even remotely sound like Radiohead is Showbiz, but that's pushing it.
>>
>>60512398
Yeah, even in Shwobiz the similarities were very thin. Bellamy *did* sound like Yorke in the first two albums, but the music itself was completely different.
>>
Muse is some /mu/tant from the 90s that heard The Bends but stopped listening to music altogether after that and started a band at the same time.
>>
>>60512229
less than their last album.
>>
>>60512229

Back when I listened to an alternative rock radio station, they would always play "Uprising" which is one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. As a result I never got into Muse, even the albums that are supposed to be their better ones.
>>
>>60512229
The lyrics are fucking terrible
>>
literally cringed at the artwork
>>
>>60512229
Nothing went wrong...if you know what I mean
>>
>>60512742
This. But, more than anything else, I think what went wrong was the production. There's plenty of interesting riffs but the production is so utterly M.O.R. and American-punk-poppish it's deadening. And their song structures/album sequencing are a mess. Quite frankly, I think they need Eno.
>>
File: 1446583587921.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446583587921.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>60512322
This
I had hopes for another OoS after thay said something along the lines of "rawer, more aggressive, longer songs"
>>
>>60512229
The music is kind of catchy in a pop-rock kind of way.
The lyrics are hidious.
The theme of the album and the theme surrounding the album is diabolical.
But I'm seeing them live anyway, I don't know why.
>>
I still maintain that Reapers and The Handler are some of their best songs ever.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.