[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your experience, How you can create a very good song?? pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
In your experience,
How you can create a very good song??

pic not related
>>
>>60509604
just be urself
>>
>>60509604
practice. songwriting is a craft like anything else and it will come more naturally to you the more you do it.
>>
>>60509604
Learn music theory.
>>
Lyrics: Read lots of poetry
Melody: Listen to lots of music, learning some theory helps
>>
My best stuff has come when I just start laying down tracks without really charting out a structure beforehand. As far as lyrics, I never write until the instrumentals for a song are done.
>>
Write a million.
Seriously, I just listened to my first recordings for the first time in ages and I was cringing so fucking hard. You're going to be awful at first, just roll with it.
Also, the best songs/ideas sort of just fall out.
>>
tension and release.

Whatever else is subjective
>>
>>60509604
lyrics come from observation, internalization of your own feelings, and lots of reading to cultivate your knowledge base, ability to allude, helps you learn to make more "witty" "honest" etc

Practice playing and listen to a lot of music. And i mean in every genre imaginable. You'll pick up bits of ideas and hopefully synthesize them into something original. Don't be someone who hears The Strokes and goes "I WANT THAT BUT WITH REVERB ALL OVER VOCALS" because fuck that's boring
>>
>>60509604
>implying any of us but a select few would know
Yeah, basically what other people have said. Know music and poetry, and that should get you a good start
Listening to a lot of music sure doesn't hurt either

:)
>>
>>60509658
Musical theory I suppose
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.