[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of person listens to classical music? To make this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-04-00h59m16s921.png (173 KB, 656x440) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-04-00h59m16s921.png
173 KB, 656x440
What kind of person listens to classical music?

To make this easier, let's exclude fans of science fiction or popular science. Let's just pretend they do not exist for the purposes of this question.
>>
spergs and old people
>>
once you get old enough you get tired of listing to the stuff you listen to in high school, then you start exploring other genres
>>
people who study and appreciate it
older people

I mean it's basically an insider genre along with Jazz. of course some fags will listen to shit like Kamasi or Max Richter and then say they listen to Jazz/Classical but they fit into the last line of your post
>>
>>60495259
everyone listens to classical music
>>
is that an image from Christensen's movie Häxan ?
>>
>>60495259
people who are intelligent enough to realize that music composed by trained composers is of a much higher quality than that written by the common person.

They're usually people who have been to university, had intelligent parents, go to regular classical concerts, and are familiar with a variety of periods and composers, as well as the usual bands and producers of the popular music world.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-04-00h21m26s635.png (209 KB, 656x440) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-04-00h21m26s635.png
209 KB, 656x440
>>60495295
Yep.
>>
teenagers who want to feel better and more elitist than avant teens
>>
>>60495320
someone sounds insecure
>>
>>60495328
how? I listen to everything from wagner to coil, I'm just saying it how it on this site
>>
>>60495320
>people listen to music to feel superior to others
if you think people legitimately do this you're retarded.

People ENJOY music that others dont understand. Thats what makes them feel superior. The fact that others cant comprehend it, or have 0 knowledge about it. (for example, you - displaying your misinformed opinion out of pure ignorance to what classical music is)
>>
>>60495320
>>60495347
Let's not do this. If you want to kneejerk like a jackhammer please make another thread for that.
>>
>>60495320
I feel sorry for the people who really do enjoy classical; being lumped into the same group as 'outsider' teens who want to feel smarter than their classmates.
>>
File: evil.jpg (266 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
266 KB, 900x598
>>60495377
>>60495411
Hey, I enjoy and get classical music too! but you guys are making yourselves look like insufferable idiots getting so defensive over a lighthearted shitpost aimed at teenage classical elitists who think they're above "avant teens". Maybe it struck a chord with you
>>
Classicals cool and all, but if its close to all you listen to you're definetly a faggot avant teen.
>>
>>60495511
what if it's someone whose favorite music is classical
just because it's not mostly your taste, doesn't mean you have to project some unwarranted ulterior motive onto people, dumbfuck
>>
>>60495412
Just because someone likes classical music doesn't mean they aren't below "outsider" teens, and whats so bad about being weird anyways?
>>
>>60495551
Nobody's favorite style of music should be all they listen to.
>>
>>60495570
I meant the kids I met in high school who really only to it to make themselves look smarter. I think that's unfortunately the image most people have when somebody says 'I like classical'.

>whats so bad about being weird anyways?

nothing :)
>>
>>60495619
Don't get me wrong, I listen to a lot of music including classical that might make me seem elitisty to the uninitiated. My original post was mostly poking fun at actual elitist teens rather than actual fans.
>>
File: 1445827303963.jpg (45 KB, 599x655) Image search: [Google]
1445827303963.jpg
45 KB, 599x655
>>60495570
> whats so bad about being weird anyways
>>
>>60495478
When people say things, it's usually because they're on their mind.
Even alleged "trolling" is usually an expression of underlying worries.
You don't sound light hearted, anon.
>>
>>60495619
>I think that's unfortunately the image most people have when somebody says 'I like classical'.
'Most people think that classical music is an elitist accessory for angry teenagers.'
Really, anon? Really? That's an awfully specific thing to say. Again, I have to say, this sounds mostly like your own worry.
You even projected the idea that I share this worry with you, but it's what's on your mind, not mine.
>>
>>60495312
nice
scandinavian movies from the 20s are dope
>>
File: 0010.jpg (70 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
0010.jpg
70 KB, 600x900
I got into classical in my early 20s and started seeing it live on my own because I got heavily discounted tickets as a student. I'm talking £70 seats for £5 just because they were desperate for the youth to stop being faggots and care. It was really fun and I still listen to a load of classical AND other music. It just has a range and complexity a lot of genres don't.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.