[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Select 1 (one). Both have been awarded Eureka as well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 4.5.png (144 KB, 504x389) Image search: [Google]
4.5.png
144 KB, 504x389
Select 1 (one). Both have been awarded Eureka as well
>>
>reading the P4K of experimental music
I'll wait for what The Wire has to say about those two albums, thankyouverymuch.
>>
Mutant by leaps and bounds. why GoD is getting so much praise I'll never know, Daniel tried to counter meme by making the album and the marketing campaign a meme in the first place, but somewhere along the line he forgot to make the music good and worthwhile. Even a couple months later and I don't want to listen to it anymore
>>
>>60491855
Already reviewed OPN ya mong
>>
they basically sound the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNm4yYncbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5tRaV3iY0
>>
both garbage but it's more tragic for opn because he actually has talent
>>
tinymixtapes hires 15 year old writers with no pay, the only credential is that you have to prove how avant-teen you are

don't take anything they review seriously
>>
>>60491920
don't take anything seriously
you'll just end up being called a faggot in the end
>>
holy shit the style descriptions are prententious af
>>
>>60491902
what was the consensus lad?
>>
truly fucking awful. TMT are trying so hard to be "avant" at this point.
>>
>>60492006
rather read that then pitchfork's bs, at least it's interesting
>>
>>60492082
than*
>>
File: mfw..png (179 KB, 966x893) Image search: [Google]
mfw..png
179 KB, 966x893
>>60491791
>OTHERS: Soundgarden, Harmony Korine, François Laruelle, Trent Reznor
>>
>>60491964
"The music seems to prowl empty 3am film sets in search of emotion, but each scene - each musical node - remains empty and unresolved. They suggest some other time, some other memory. It's channel hopping as an artform, culture rerouted through an endless circuit of signifiers - straight to cable cop shows, hospital dramas, small hour soaps, Kenny G slop. They're all connected by chains of association, but never at us. It's life viewed at a remove, consciousness recast as a musical series of cues and triggers. But who is the listener, the illusory 'I' that sits at the centre of all these circulating sounds and signs? Is anyone even there?"
>>
>>60491791
are you surprised? tmt's been on opn and arca's dick for centuries now
>>
>>60492174
DUDE WEED LMAO
9/10 album tho
>>
>>60491890
>counter meme
>marketing campaign a meme

what does this mean?
>>
OPN and Arca are producers I respect

so idgaf if people go pretentiously gaga over them

theyre trying to do new things and theyre getting better
>>
>>60492218
Yeah it's pretty incredible, might even top Rplus. I can't stop listening to it
>>
>>60492237
>theyre trying to do new thing
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.