[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started listening to this album and love it. Opinions on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: R.E.M._-_Murmur.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
R.E.M._-_Murmur.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Just started listening to this album and love it.
Opinions on the album?
Any reccomendations?
>>
Chronic Town EP
>>
U2 - Boy
>>
>>60488452
Listen to Reckoning afterwards, I love Murmur but Reckoning is the superior album.
>>
>>60488466
This
>>
>>60488452
radio free Europe is my favorite r.e.m song, and also my favorite song in general (i love both the album version and the original hib-tone)
>>
Straightjacket Fits
>>
>>60488479
Get outta here
>>
>>60488466
this is nice
>>
Isint it great?
Listen to their next one
>>
>>60488452
Listen to The Cure too
>>
REM is one of the bests of all time. When I think "american rock", they're the first band that pops in mind.
They're really not out-there or weird, they're really modest guys who just make beautiful music. I think that's why this board doesn't obsess about them: not enough meme material.
>>
>>60488479
>>60488486
P L E B S
L
E
B
S
>>
>>60489766
i like radio free Europe, i don't care if it's a pleb opinion or not you fuckwit.
>>
>>60488452
It's lovely. The songs are so well-crafted. Every space is covered with guitar fills, arpeggios, backing vocals and so on. There's bridges and explosive choruses everywhere, dynamic switches, key changes and different moods represented. It all makes every listen feel like the first.

Might be an off-shoot, but I get some serious early REM vibes from some Beach Fossils tracks. Clash the Truth is p good album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nd2EP-NNWs
>>
>>60488452
There's nothing really quite like Murmur, except for more IRS-era REM. It's got this mysterious, Southern gothic thing going on, almost occult.

>Any reccomendations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkrEiD9s0pU

Eric Gaffney's Sebadoh songs are kinda in the line of Murmur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNw1D4CwSjo
>>
Yeah it's one of my favorites ever. What I recommend is that you go back and listen to the Chronic Town EP and then listen to the rest of their discography.
>>
File: TheChronic_correct.jpg (156 KB, 1432x1418) Image search: [Google]
TheChronic_correct.jpg
156 KB, 1432x1418
>>60490395
>>
>>60489529
Yep. No bullshit. No memes. Just great rock music. Just great music in general.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.