[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best radiohead album and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: image_1.jpg (97 KB, 1080x867) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
97 KB, 1080x867
What is the best radiohead album and why?
>>
ok computer, in rainbows and the bends are the only good ones
>>
>>60477655
but this is wrong
>>
>>60477625
Kid A

Amnesiac is the worst one
>>
File: KID A.jpg (301 KB, 1437x1437) Image search: [Google]
KID A.jpg
301 KB, 1437x1437
>>
File: Lauren 7.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
Lauren 7.jpg
192 KB, 1600x1068
>laurens face when it is yet another "best radiohead something"-thread
>>
>>60477747
>Amnesiac is the worst one
WWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEE NIGGGGGGGGGGGHTTTTT
>>
>>60477758
Is she mad that they didn't have any female members
>>
King of limbs
>>
pablo honey was their only good album
after that, they sold out
>>
>>60477796
I think King of Limbs is way underrated but not the best

It has Bloom and two absolutely gorgeous ballads, and was pretty adventurous, definitely unlike anything else they did, even if it sort of ripped off Burial
>>
in creeps
>>
>>60477814
simply eric my frienb :^) :^)

So controversial :^) much interest :^) :^)
>>
Pablo honey was nevermind autistic edgy brother that tried to be nevermind, but failed.
>>
>>60477856
typical passive-aggressive radiohead fan, can't articulate himself for shit cuz 4chan shaped his diction.
>>
>>60477856
lol thats my name
>>
File: the-bends.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
the-bends.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>
Kid A = Ok Computer > In Rainbows > Amnesiac = TKOL > HTTT = The Bends >>>> Pablo Honey
>>
Amnesiac > Kid A > OK Computer = In Rainbows > TKOL > The Bends > HTTT > PH
>>
>>60478463
meme opinion
>>
>>60478463
this
>>
in rainbows is their most overrated desu
>>
>>60477784
Kek.
>>
OK Computer is the best album ever, maybe on bar with a very few albums.
>>
more like gaypeeoded
>>
>>60477897
But you know he's reterdedly baiting, man.
>>
Kid A, hight of composition/production, perfect mix of their rock and electronic side, most artistic depth imo
>>
>>60478463
The Bends is one of best, fuck off
>>
>>60477747
What the fuck?

Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief are their best albums. Kid A is alright but overrated as fuck.
>>
>>60478795
you deserve a medal for this post
>>
>>60478870
nice opinion m80
>>
>>60478870
desu at the time the bends was great, and i def recognize the influence it had on alt rock and indie bands in the 2000s, but compared to their later work, its just "good", and acts more like a comfy precursor of whats to come.
>>
>>60477776
I thought it was we ride tonight

GHOOOOOOOSSSST HOOOOOORRRR SEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
>>60477625
TKoL and Amnesiac are the only Radiohead albums that deserve more than a 6/10
>>
>>60478890
this desu senpai
>>
>>60479064
oh well
>>
King of Limbs cos it's the most recent one
>>
Kid A but havent listened to them in ages
>>
>>60478463
Kid A>OK Computer=Amnesiac>In Rainbows>>The Bends>>>>>>>>King of Limbs=Pablo Honey
>>
Kid A because it's the most original and creative of theirs.
National Anthem is my favorite song by them btw (not sure about which one is their best though).
>>
>>60477655
so wrong
>>
The King of Limbs and Hail to the Thief are criminally underrated. Thom Yorkes solo content is underrated. OK Computer is overrated. Kid A is overrated. The Bends is overrated. Pablo Honey is treated as it should be. In Rainbows is the best. Amnesiac is also one of their bests. With all that said I'd probably rate them In Rainbows>Kid A>Amnesiac>TKoL>OKComputer>HTTT>Bends>PabloHoney
>>
Amnesiac, because it has Pyramid Song AND Life in a Glasshouse

Amnesiac > In Rainbows > OK Computer > Kid A > HTTT > The Bends > TKOL > Pablo Honey
>>
Angry Kid... A
>>
>>60481765
Sic meme.
>>
the one i like
>>
>>60478890
>>60479102
>>60479084
I don't know how you can like Amnesiac so much but not Kid A. Maybe Amnesiac wins the eclecticism award but it's a scatterbrained album compared to the rest of their discography, and has weird production choices (the very treble-y guitars on Hunting Bears and I Might Be Wrong). The only reason I can think that someone would like Amnesiac and not Kid A is to be different and not mainstream; they're similar but Kid A has better production and flows way better
>>
Ok Computer > Kid A > Amnesiac > The Bends= In Rainbows > HTTT > King Of LImbs > Pablo Honey
>>
Everybody shits on Pablo Honey but I think it is a great standard rock record.

The screaming guitar and ride right before the second half of the song just blows my mind every time. Pure rock and roll.

Songs like I Can't and Vegetable are some of my favorites. Creep is a good song too but it's just kind of over played.

OK Computer is my second favorite album by them. The Bends and In Rainbows follows thereafter. The rest is just meh for me.
>>
>>60482792
>"The screaming guitar and ride right before the second half of the song just blows my mind every time. Pure rock and roll."

Sorry. Forgot to mention which song I was talking about lol

Blowout is one of my favorite songs by the band
>>
>>60482382
I like both the best equally myself, I just like that they both have something different to offer while coming from the same place, I couldn't really pick one over another. Also I hope one day The King of Limbs will get more love, it's a gorgeous album
>>
>>60482870
Yeee King of Limbs is a really unique album. For me, the first side feels like a rock/acoustic interpretation of uk garage. The second side is classic Radiohead and Give Up the Ghost is probably their most soothing, as well as ominous, track yet.
>>
>>60482816
Just listened to Blow Out for the first time and that explosive guitar really got me
>>
>>60482792

My complain about Pablo Honey is the shitty flow between tracks. It starts with two great songs, followed by a shitty-ass one.
>>
amnesiac is the only one that matters
>>
>>60477814
not even trying
>>
>>60483276
Tbh it doesn't have any worse flow than the Bends. But they are both collections of unrelated, standard rock songs, and you could rearrange their track listings significantly without taking anything away from the whole album (which you could not do to In Rainbows or Kid A).

Plus they both have incredible closing tracks, which is all that matters for a non-cohesive allbum
>>
Pablo honey is still a great record as a collection of songs, just not so much as an album. However, everything after that is incredible in my eyes
>>
>>60481195
How would you rate Thom Yorke's solo stuff?
>>
Amnesiac = TKOL > HTTT = The Bends > Kid A > In Rainbows > OK Computer > Pablo Honey

The day I understand everyone's boner for OK is the day the world ends.
>>
Been listening since On A Friday

In Rainbows | Kid A | OK Computer | Amnesiac | King of Limbs | Hail to the Thief | The Bends | Pablo Honey
>>
When listening to In Rainbows, the songs in the album seem to have this refined quality to it. I'm not quite sure if I know how to explain it. Pretty much all of the different musical elements that Radiohead is known for from over the years can be found on the albums and it comes together in a really nice balance.

It's my favorite, but I still think their other albums are fantastic.
>>
>>60477747
>Amnesiac is the worst one
back to reddit
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.