[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss this guy /mu/? Since Em came back in 2009 it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Eminem.jpg (146 KB, 640x423) Image search: [Google]
Eminem.jpg
146 KB, 640x423
Can we discuss this guy /mu/?

Since Em came back in 2009 it's been interesting seeing him jump into so many different sounds. Relapse was awful on a lot of levels but the flow was pretty decent on a couple songs with 'Beautiful' being one of my favorites.

Recovery was a step in the right direction in terms of subject matter since he was pushing 40 when it was released and should probably start being a little bit more mature. However the hooks and beats on this album just weren't great. That and going full pop.

I felt similarly about MMLP2 and only liked Bad Guy, Headlights & Don't Front (which didn't even make the normal version of the album because of sample clearing).

SHADYXV was probably the worst album I've listened to in a while. Holy fucking shit it was awful, like wow. I can't believe that shit was released.

You guys have any thoughts or do you just not care?
>>
Wigger general?
>>
must really suck being an old rapper
>>
>>60465338
Don't know if you're being serious or not but I actually agree.

He's 43 and looks noticeably old as fuck now. It's getting to the point where seeing him rap is weird.
>>
I actually really like Relapse, even some songs on that Refill thing.

Music Box is hilarious and great, so is Hello, Same Song and Dance, a bunch of tracks really. Deja Vu is probably my favorite.

The fact that he follows a sort of 'plot' really sets it apart from his others, if he didn't make the unfortunate mistake of tacking on a bunch of gimmicky accents that put everyone off, I think it would be regarded as a really successful comeback.
>>
This song is so fucking dope, it's why I still have faith in Em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxtNd_ja6I
>>
>>60465286
he's old now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IL_2UqJJqo
but ya only em can murder somebody on their own track
>>
Relapse is way too underrated. It's a 10/10 album if you remove We Made You.
>>
>>60465453
OP here, man I may have to go back and listen to it again.
>>
>>60465286
no stop. eminem fucking sucks
>>
he really sucks now he needs to make some blood sacrifices or just retire already
>>
File: 1443379233833.jpg (34 KB, 498x371) Image search: [Google]
1443379233833.jpg
34 KB, 498x371
>>60466973
>>
>>60465453

Agreed

Relapse has dope production, flow and some really good songs

Hello, We Made You, 3 AM, Stay Wide Awake >>>>>

MMLP2 and Recovery had some moments for sure but were a bit meh overall. SXV wasn't a solo album it was a compilation for his label, Fine Line and DvE were good.
>>
>>60465338
particularly when your entire musical career has pandered to children
>>
File: Eminem.jpg (115 KB, 564x732) Image search: [Google]
Eminem.jpg
115 KB, 564x732
>>
Stay Wide Awake on a lyrical level is literally the best thing he's released in years. The rhyme patterns are fucking insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XExCZiXP3MM

dat 2nd verse
>>
>>60467361

GOAT one of his best

GOAT flow
>>
i'd put money on it that he has aids or at least some illness he's trying to hide
>>
I don't know if I can think of another rapper who needs to retire more. He is the music equivalent to the Simpsons.

Exciting, divisive, and groundbreaking at the start, but slowly but surely descended into derivative trash.
>>
>>60467808

This.
>>
>>60467808

dr dre
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.