[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the exact nature of their disagreement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: kurt & courtney.jpg (100 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
kurt & courtney.jpg
100 KB, 640x434
what was the exact nature of their disagreement?
>>
Kim didn't want to make a new album
>>
she touched his stuff
>>
Frank's an insufferable asshat and Kim isn't much better.
>>
>>60409761
And they hate the blacks
>>
>>60409737
You fuckin' die!!!!!
>>
>>60410005
yeah right

kim's fucking obsessed
>>
File: pod.jpg (238 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pod.jpg
238 KB, 1000x1000
Frank Black was probably intimidated by her skills as a songwriter

They could've worked it out and created the best music of all time, but by the time Bossanova was being recorded, Frank Black was forcing himself in to steer the ship and probably viewed it as "his band".
>>
she kept putting her wet finger in his ear
>>
>>60410035
>Frank Black was probably intimidated by her skills as a songwriter
lol
>>
>>60410207
Go to bed Frank, or try writing another song about the occult
>>
>>60409713
They're all a bunch of passive aggressive butts so who knows.
>>
>>60410035
>Frank Black was probably intimidated by her skills as a songwriter
well I certainly noticed that the pod, last splash, and safari all hooked me big time and I think all I heard from frank black that I really liked was the one song los angeles

not that I've heard everything by any means
>>
>>60410355
try svn fngrs, it's about cuchulain and the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki
>>
>>60410035

It was pretty much his band though. Like 90% of the songwriting was his.
>>
>>60410444
are you for real? this is fucking horrible. Do I really need to go past 30 seconds? I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>60410466
nah you can stop now
>>
>>60409713
Frank wasn't gigantic enough for her.
>>
>>60410487
thank you sincerely

I'd rather listen to the new supersuckers jesus
>>
>>60410461
That's true, but don't you think that 90% of the songwriting belongs to Frank because he's so stubborn?
That's what I think at least.
>>
I seriously forgot all about indie cindy

so even comparing that to the breeders I'd still pick breeders although I didnt hear their new album if that would make a fairer comparison.
>>
>>60410565
daily reminder that indie cindy was a compilation of EPs not an album
>>
>>60410580
daily reminder that we don't talk about Indie Cindy for good reason
>>
>>60410580
true and I didnt forget that but still

although I did only hear it once or twice last year so if one of the EPs was really good then yeah I missed that.

I'd still feel comfortable betting that Safari EP is still better though.
>>
Thinly veiled sexual tension.
>>
>>60410538
They didn't think Kim's stuff would fit with Frank's, and I'm glad it worked out that way because I like all the surf n' sci-fi stuff on Bossanova and Tromp le Monde, and I like the smoked out lullabies on The Breeders albums. Kim and Frank's songs both stand on their own. The way it happened, we got strong, unique product from both of them.

>>60410592
daily reminder the first post-reunion original from the Pixies was this atrocity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOOpNHXc6o

anyone who goes on about how terrible Indie Cindy is and how much better things would be if Kim were still in the band should be forced to listen to Bam Thwok until their ears bleed

I'm not saying Indie Cindy is great or anything, but I'd take any one song off it over that
>>
>>60410592
I heard from /mu/ that Pixies was a band where you'd never like them at first and had to keep listening to them over and over again and eventually you'd be converted.

Is it possible that it's just too early to understand the true genius of Indie Cindy?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.