[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually like this guy? I mean I've been into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: young_thug.jpg (89 KB, 770x434) Image search: [Google]
young_thug.jpg
89 KB, 770x434
Do people actually like this guy?
I mean I've been into some trap and trap influenced stuff before (Chief Keef, Waka Flocka, Travis Scott, a lot of witch house) and I was trying to get into his shit but it's bad even compared to Chief Keef. Well maybe not bad, but just boring and bland honestly.
Is this just a meme or is there something i'm not getting?
>>
youre supposed to listen to the words
>>
young thug is my life
>>
>>60404489
>is there something i'm not getting?
Yes, there is. Young Thug is the most important artist of this generation. Barter 6's barely there production doesn’t so much frame his rapping as it does provide a surface for his words to dance upon, to explore the art of rapping in multiple dimensions: melodically, rhythmically, lyrically, and in terms of composition. His voice glides through the thick absence of sound. He’s responsible for a lot of the songwriting; he knocks out his own hooks, and his writing speaks to his use of phrasing, his backgrounds, the flows he uses, and the way he plays with each song’s internal architecture. On “Halftime,” his car-screech adlibs are elongated—it’s as if a camera panned suddenly from a pinprick of light, causing it to blur—so he can change tones, harmonizing this background yelp with his own main vocals.

His lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>60404489
i feel the exact same way
>>
he switches up flows on tracks so often and effortlessly it's incredible
>>
>young thug
>boring
oh fuck
>>
>>60404514
>>60404505
QFT

It's kinda sad how the majority of people will never appreciate how good Thug is.
>>
I sexually identify as a single, Pringle, ready to mingle. Ever since I was a potato I dreamed of being thin sliced, covered in disgusting oil then heated in a medium oven until reaching climax at the micro second of golden-browness. People bully me, and say things like “what the fuck, you aren’t a Pringle”, but I know deep down they are just jealous of my inner beauty. I have already started hiding in cylinders all day, and now im improving my crunchiness by regularly burning my sides on the stove. I want you guys to respect my natural ability to instantly satisfy low salt carb cravings, and if you don’t you are oppressing me, and you should check your diabetes type. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
wow Barter 6 is so much better than slime season

>>60405687
wow nice meme did you learn it on /pol/
>>
>>60404489

It took me a long time to swing around. At first I thought he was mad homo and I couldn't bump his shit. Turns out he is mad homo but his shit slams bruh, I can't hate what's great
>>
>>60404514
/thread
>>
>>60404888
Seriously. I know you can't say anything on here without people thinking its a fucking meme, and people will most likely take this post as a joke. But Young Thug is seriously just one of the best artists I've ever heard. He's pioneering a whole new sub genre of hip-hop.
My pleb friends only like Best Friend and Power :'(
>>
>>60404489
yes its a meme, his lyrics are impossible to hear because he talks like he has a dick in his mouth, and when you look them up you realize they were shit anyway
>>
>>60404489
>but just boring and bland honestly
Most stylistic rapper in like 10 years. I totally disagree.
>>
>>60406797
fuck off, pleb
>>
>>60404489
If you dont like him I guess you don't have an ear for perfect melodious flow variations
>>
>>60406797
Go read some poetry then you fucking faggot. This music is for the aesthetics.
>>
>>60406797
If his lyrics are impossible to read then it's probably because you have dicks in your ears.
>>
>>60407064
*hear
>>
thug is the point at which trap becomes art music
>>
>>60407117
tmt go
>>
>>60407117
thugger and graham lambkin collab when
>>
>>60406797
Oh ok thanks
>>
>>60404489
Thugger grows on you. Try his singles then Barter 6
>>
Dude gets some good beats, never cared much for lyrics so that helps. Dude switches up his flow and voice so much. Fun to listen to, check out hercules perfect track to explain what i'm talking about
>>
File: 1395860830944.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1395860830944.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>60404489
I'm like you, OP. I just can't feel it. I've tried and tried, but all Thugger songs sound like shit to me.
>>
>>60404489

She's okay. I'm not really a fan of her's. She fucking ugly as sin too.
>>
>>60406651
>>60404514
they know whats up

thugger's smile season 2 is catchy in the same way the money store was. listening to it was like being forced under the surface of a lean-jello ocean.
>>
NO IM NOT GAY I FUCK BITCHES ON BITCHES
>>
>>60408531
>listening to it was like being forced under the surface of a lean-jello ocean
you should write for p4k
>>
>>60404514
Pasta tastes good to be quite honest with you family desu senpai
>>
File: hiphop-youngthug4.jpg (72 KB, 700x650) Image search: [Google]
hiphop-youngthug4.jpg
72 KB, 700x650
>>60404489

Travis Scott is boring and bland imo.

Young Thug makes amazing tracks, but his albums have filler.

If you don't like these songs, you're probably just a philistine:

Power, Flava, Again, Numbers, Tell Em Lies, 730, That's All, Check, With That, Go Crazy, Hey I, Wanna Be Me, Termite, Imma Ride, Water, No Way, Best Friend, Givenchy, Knocked Off, Just Might Be, Stunna
>>
>>60409148
They gotta pay that $$$ first.
>>
>>60404514

I love Thugga too, and agree with some of what you're saying but when you say shit like this:

>Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.

it just sounds like meaningless words meant to sound intelligent since you never mentioned any of that before

I disagree that he's more similar to Rae. Thugga uses similes in the same way as Wayne.

He uses phrases that Wayne either pioneered or popularized "ya dig" "yezir" "hit em with that blucka blucka"

The both have lots of melodic ballads dedicated to pussy.

But I do agree that Thugga does it all in a beautiful way and he's not a Wayne rip-off, but his influence is really apparent. Dudes a genius either way.
>>
hes at least better than chief keef, travis scott and waka flocka
>>
liked him early on. shits been kinda stale for a minute now tho desu senpai.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.