[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /mu/'s opinion on Logic's new album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
What is /mu/'s opinion on Logic's new album?
>>
It's good, might even be Logic's best album
>>
Would rather listen to biebers now album than this shit
>>
>>60394446
>>60394470
>>60394485
>POSTERS: 1

But I still need to listen to it.
>>
I don't know who does Logic's marketing, but they're doing a good job. Is this album different from other mainstream shit, or is it just more 'conscious' rap that doesn't really say much ?
>>
>The second I said it
>I feel like I'm smarter,
>I read it on Reddit

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>60394542
Think if Drake was harder yet artsier
>>
>>60394591
are you serious?? Logic wouldnt be shit if it wasnt for drake in the first place. He copy pasted drake/kendrick/coles style on this whole album. I can go track to track and show you where logic blatantly rips on each one. Drake is 1000% harder than logic.
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (14 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
14 KB, 248x250
>>60394662
pretty sure this is copypasta, if not though I'd love to see the track by track analysis.
>>
>>60394542
Has Logic ever really been "conscious"? Like, I know his fans act like he's some lyrical genius, but has he ever really said anything ever?

Every time I listen to him, it's just a ton of standard braggadocious rap. He's never really impressed me lyrically.

Anyway, this album is pretty much the same as the last one, except slightly better. Just a ton of random braggadocious tracks thrown together with a concept. Last time, the concept was his "come up" which made sense because that's all he raps about. This time, it's a sci-fi "movie" told through a ton of skits throughout the album. This sci-fi plot is COMPLETELY unrelated to the music. I don't even know why it's there.
>>
>>60394775
It's not copypasta. Logic is a painfully obvious biter.

For example, on this album, the song Control is almost exactly the same as Kanye's Amazing. Paradise is a complete rip-off of Travis Scott's Backyard. A complete rip-off. The first verse of I Am The Greatest might as well be a loosie from IYRTITL.

I know he says he "wears his influences on his sleeve" or whatever, and that's cool, but this is painfully obvious biting. Travis Scott is always called out for being a biter, but fucking hell at least he's made his own sound with his bites. Logic is a clone.
>>
>>60394842
>Paradise is a complete rip-off of Travis Scott's Backyard

Sorry that was a type. Stainless is the Backyard ripoff. Not Paradise.
>>
>>60394842
>the song Control is almost exactly the same as Kanye's Amazing

Holy shit another one, I meant Contact.
>>
>>60394775
its not a pasta man, just a brief highlight of his biggest rips on this one. "i am the greatest" could literally be a drake song and he even throws in some kendrick "you you yous" in it which is one of kendricks signature adlibs. "fade away" is so kendrick influenced its hard to listen to, again with the"you you yous" on this one. "Stainless" he literally just pretty much took travis scotts beat for "backyard". The opening track has the same drums as kanyes "amazing" and the whole song sounds like an 808's and heartbreaks copy. He has no original ideas. He even promoted the album in the EXACT same way j cole promoted FHD (sidenote most of this album sounds like FHD lite as well). Logic has talent but no originality or sound of his own
>>
>>60394775
Here are the songs I mentioned as well.

Kanye West - Amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyGvST1VvY
Logic - Contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI26_60AQ8c

Travis Scott - Backyard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_kTnMEkJU
Logic - Contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI26_60AQ8c

Drake - 6 God (there may be better examples than this but this is the first one I could think of)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Qd5dKYgUw
Logic - I Am The Greatest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQwZZW_onqs
>>
It's ok
>>
>>60395000
Okay none of these sound alike at all.
>>
>>60395117
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>60395137
Nope.
>>
>>60395117
The ignorance is real
>>
>>60395167
>XD you're ignorant if you don't bite into my autism
>>
>>60395161
Meant to compare Backyard to Stainless, not Contact again. You can't tell me this instrumentals isn't fucking identical to the Travis track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOIkX6Ehn4M
>>
>>60395185
Not being able to realize how shamelessly logic bites is the real autism
>>
>>60394779
Exactly he never says anything. I was trying to be slightly sarcastic as unfortunately anyone who doesn't sound like an utter retard on the mic is now "conscious". Too bad that the sci-fi has nothing to do with the music because that's the only reason I was gonna listen
>>
>>60394779
No he hasnt, its cause he raps over boom bap that gives the effect. Listen to "fade away" he literally says nothing the whole time while saying so many words at the same time its actually impressive. Its just these non secular ambiguous phrases about how hes "here" and hes not gonna leave
>>
>>60395243
Yeah that's why I listened too. I assumed it would either be fucking brilliant or a massive trainwreck.

It's neither. It's just an average album, because the actual sci-fi concept had nothing to do with the album. You could take it out and the album would be the same.
>>
>>60395206
:okayhandsign:
>>
>>60395305
>its cause he raps over boom bap that gives the effect

It's the Joey Bada$$ effect.
>>
>>60395410
True but i wouldnt even put logic and joey in the same realm. Joeys way more interesting
>>
>>60395462
Oh definitely I'm a fan of Joey but a lot of his superfans think he's this incredible lyrical master because he raps over boom-bap instrumentals.
>>
>>60394662
I didn't say he was better. I meant harder in terms of his background and subject matter. He represents the culture that hip hop is rooted in far more than drake does
>>
anyone got a link
cant find it in the archives
>>
>>60397092
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gue9dwn6xonzzv2/AAA003mDJXeWKd0cHSqQvhfta?dl=0
>>
bump

also what did /mu/ think of under pressure? i thought it was quite good.
>>
>>60398713 In my opinion under pressure is a solid album one of his best personal.
>>
>>60398713
Its literally gkmc
>>
The Babel skit is the best moment on the album for me. Young Jesus is the most fun song from it, though.
>>
>>60394470
>might even be his best
>only has 2
kek
>>
>>60395000
Dude you're mixing up sampling and biting
Like Amazing and Contact have that similar intro, but that's pretty much where the tracks stop being the same. Listen to the chords, the instrumentation and the whole lack of vocals on Logic's track.
Also, Logic reconstructed the taiko drums, it wasn't even a sample.
As for the second one, he's using the same sample, but he doesn't sound too much like Scott. It's not biting if you're just using the same sample. Lazy and uncreative production, but not biting.
As for the third one, yeah holy shit that's not even biting man that's unhinging your jaw and swallowing whole.

Logic has always sounded boring to me, but I thought a concept album would be cool, like a Deltron vibe. But holy shit what a disappointment.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.