[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside this is literally a 11/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Unknown.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
All memes aside this is literally a 11/10
>>
>black man white woman
what a shock
>>
>More writers than tracks
>>
>>60389919

THEY SEE A BLACK MAN WITH A WHITE WOMAN
>>
Apart from the lyrics, vocal delivery, beats, overall production, advertising campaign, aesthetic, and fanbase? Maybe.
>>
>>60389913
its fucking gorgeous
>>
a true and honest work of art
>>
>>60389931
>If I don't get ran out by Catholics
what did he mean by this
>>
>>60389934
>lyrics
meh
>vocal delivery
as usual
>beats
don't see a problem here
>overall production
as above
>advertising campaign
duno bout that why does that even matter
>aesthetic
dark n twisted
>fanbase
as with anything popular, SUCKS ASS

5/10
>>
>>60389964
>If I don't get ran out by Catholics
Are you legit asking or are you just memeing?
>>
>>60389919
>black man white woman
Really? I always thought it was a chimp and an angel
>>
File: haha.png (94 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
94 KB, 250x250
>all memes aside
>mbdtf is 11/10
>>
>>60389986
legit asking
>>
>>60389988
yeah a black chimp/devil and a white/caucasian angel
>>
>>60390014
Ok. First of all, you're retarded.
Second of all: It's a reference to religious and otherwise prudish groups always being offended by Kanye's lyrics and saying he should be removed from airplay and the like.
>>
>>60390030
and do you know of any source that catholic groups requested he be removed from airplay?
>>
>>60390030
https://www.sydneycatholic.org/news/latest_news/2011/201121_1674.shtml

well on the literal other side of the world thats not how it works. Here thats usually reserved for conservative baptists which is code for white.
>>
>>60390077
>Here thats usually reserved for conservative baptists which is code for white.
ye thought the same
both explanations are good desu
>>
>>60390091
well and still that article is actually 100% feminist so I'm still finding zero connection to catholics

and I havent seen the video either but it sounds like they have a point

also what a coincidence that the cardashians are catholic. gee I wonder what that implies.
>>
More like 9/11
>>
>lyrics
on point
>vocal delivery
on point
>beats
are you fucking serious?
>overall production
^
>advertising campaign
was brilliant, g.o.o.d fridays were awesome
>aesthetic
clutching
>fanbase
how the fuck is this relevant to the album you retard

>>60389934
>>
>>60389913
It isn't

>>60391320
>how the fuck is this relevant to the album you retard

Funny how you probably say the same about 'dadrock'
>>
>>60391327
eh? i don't listen to 'dadrock'
>>
>>60391362
i was referring to the fact that you probably dismiss dadrock because of the fanbase
>>
>>60391366
i don't dismiss any music because of the fanbase i can think for myself
and even if i did that doesn't validate it lol
>>
>>60389913
no, just no,
1. its rap so it is very hard for ti to be 10/10 or 9/10 maybe it is possible to get an 8/10
2. Lyrics are retarded most of the time on the album
3.Album has terrible beats
My rating 2/10
>>
>I sent her a pic of my dick
That's not 11/10 material
>>
>>60391785
>its rap so it is very hard for ti to be 10/10 or 9/10 maybe it is possible to get an 8/10

What a god damn retarded way to classify music
>>
as a big fan of this album the possible gripes I could give are that at times Kanye's singing is pretty bad like on all of the lights and the "sent a picture of my dick" part on Runaway

The Chris Rock skit was kinda unnecessary but I guess you gotta have some skits and funny shit on a big rap album like this

So appalled gets a bit repetitive
Jay Z's features are average and I hate how he keeps repeating the lines of the tracks

also of course Kanye had a lot of help with this
he had a good team behind him.
>>
>>60389913
>All memes aside
There are no memes in the album, when /mu/ says "meme" it just means "popular".

>>60389913
>this is literally a 11/10
11/10 literally makes no sense.

There are as many things I like as things I dislike on this album, all in all I probably won't ever listen to it again. It's basically "bling, celebrity, vanity, vulgarity, ostentation and hip hop taking over popular music: the album".
>>
>>60392108
>annoying singing
i'll give you that

>sent a bitch a picture of my dick
that's really funny tho and kinda shows how the album has this interesting balance/dynamic between extreme sadness and lighthearted humor

>chris rock skit
same as above but i can see your point

>so appalled
i get that

>jay-z's features being average
honestly i've felt that way about all of his features on kanye albums

>kanye needed help
that's true for most pop albums nowadays tho. plus i'm pretty sure kanye credits basically everyone no matter how minimal the contribution is. still, i don't mind as long as it stuck to kanye's vision

>>60393616
>It's basically "bling, celebrity, vanity, vulgarity, ostentation and hip hop taking over popular music: the album".

it's also pretty critical of that lifestyle tho as much as it lives it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.