[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/drum machines/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Yamaha_RY30_front (2).png (2 MB, 1452x951) Image search: [Google]
Yamaha_RY30_front (2).png
2 MB, 1452x951
does anyone here use a drum machine? I've been thinking about getting one to practice with. Are there software substitutes that are just as good that i could download somewhere? Would prefer a drum machine that allows me to drastically alter the tone of the drums. Does anyone have any recs?
>>
hydrogen
>>
>>60386483
thx <3
On a side note, is it possible for me to run hydrogen on my laptop and out the same cabinet that im playing my instrument through? or would i need a separate speaker? (yes i am pretty new to this stuff)
>>
>>60386390
Do you need to play live? If you don't just use samples.
>>
File: Korg ES-1.jpg (367 KB, 782x573) Image search: [Google]
Korg ES-1.jpg
367 KB, 782x573
I've got a few drum machines but the sequencers on them aren't my thing, so I usually sample them into my ES-1 which has a god-tier TR-style sequencer and just use that.
>>
>>60386390

get an Alesis SR-16

or even the older HR-16

also check out Godflesh albums Streetcleaner
and Selfless

Streetcleaner has the older HR-16
Selfless is best example of good use of an
SR-16

oh and....

Earth - A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction..... its an HR-16
>>
if you search youtube for "Flaxmere Machine Demo" thats some crap i made using samples
of an Alesis HR-16

go here a few years ago
http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
>>
>>60386483
>>60386824
>>60387034
>>60387235
ty for the recs guys. ill be checking out all of these.
>>
>>60386824
>god-tier TR-style
nigga its called a regular step sequencer
>>
>>60387406
but step sequencing can also refer to that shit style of sequencing where it scrolls through each beat and you hit either the button for which drum sound to want at the point or the rest button to skip to the next beat
>>
>>60386390
only reasons to own an actual machine are for caring about analog, liking hardware, or novelty

otherwise, even if i want the sound of an old drum machine sound, i just find a sample and mix/effect it as i would any other drum sound.

aphex twin uses a cacophony of hardware, but he said something interesting once about how it really only complicates things; he just likes it

not saying they aren't cool, but i'd personally want many other pieces of more "pragmatic" hardware or equipment before i'd shell out for some old machine
>>
>>60387633
>what is making live music
>>
>>60386608

You would need some sort of mixer type thing. Or you could have a soundcard on your 'puter that takes a couple of inputs and then run the output into the cabinet. Or any other combination of hardware. You could run off of different speakers as well... But yes it is possible.
>>
File: korg-electribe-er-1-386605.jpg (240 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
korg-electribe-er-1-386605.jpg
240 KB, 1280x853
>>60386390
I have an ER-1 which i love. There is an IOS version which I would recommend, if money is tight, it's not as much fun but its a lot cheaper and the sounds are very similar
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.