[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: download (23).jpg (10 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
download (23).jpg
10 KB, 236x214
This thing has been my favorite album for so many years now and I've never found another record that's anywhere near as moving, closest I could get to Illinois. Does anyone know any good chamber pop like this record?
>>
>>60381444
lmBUTTo
>>
File: You Forgot It in People.jpg (832 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
You Forgot It in People.jpg
832 KB, 1000x1000
This.

Also:
Bell Orchestre - Recording a Tape the Colour of the Light
Stars - Set Yourself on Fire
Feist - The Reminder
The Luyas - Animator
Frog Eyes - The Golden River
Destroyer - Your Blues
Snowblink - Inner Classics
>>
>>60381444
I'm with you on this one OP. I made a thread like this and got Beach House - Teen Dream, even then it's like barely anything like Funeral. I'd say maybe Andy Shauf, Kid A, STGSTV, Neon Golden, but they're all not in this league. Also listen to Cars and Telephones.

>>60381519
thx
>>
Listen to more OPN and get over this shit
>>
>>60381444
The closest album I can think of to Funeral that's actually decent is Ziggy Stardust
>>
I personally don't really want to look for similar chamber pop albums, but rather just nice sounding, soothing albums that deal with adolescent themes and whatnot. So far haven't found anything of the sort yet.

The thing that sticks with me everytime I listen to Funeral is that... The Suburbs video. Sure it's for a song in a latter album but a lot of Arcade Fire aesthetics were portraited very well in it.
>>
>>60381444
semi related, I have this on vinyl and the hole in the middle is JUST big enough for the thorn, so when you put it on it kinda gets stuck and is difficult to get off without bending the record

wat do?
>>
I would recommend Destroyer's Rubies instead of Your Blues. Also, Random Spirit Lover by Sunset Rubdown
>>
>>60381519
There are a lot of people who feel that Arcade Fire and BSS are spiritually similar. I don't see a huge amount of similarities, but I would recommend this album regardless. It's one of my favourite albums ever, and to be honest, I eventually stopped caring about Arcade Fire but never stopped loving BSS.
>>
>>60383212
neon golden is absolutely nothing like Funeral and is worlds better...same goes for Kid A
>>
>>60383638
this, this, this.

BSS is just a better version of Funeral, plain and simple.
>>
>>60383648
Same vibe. Sure the electronic parts are different, but the feeling is the same.
>>60381519
>>60383328
>>60383638
>>60383648
>>60383671
C'mon guys, Funeral is amazing

About BSS, I've listened to Feel Good Lost and it bored me to death, bad starting place? Currently skimming YFiitP and it seems like it's less cohesive than Funeral.
>>
>>60383796
I love Funeral, I just really love YFiiP. And yeah, Feel Good Lost is not at all like the other BSS albums. It was maybe a bit of a false start, but YFiiP exploded the band into something incredible. There's definitely an audience for YFiiP, but I tend to discount it.
>>
>>60381444
American Football
>>
>>60381444
Question, OP. What do you think of GY!BE?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.