[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Matangi Leekx confirmed for happening thank you based maya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
>Matangi Leekx confirmed for happening
thank you based maya

hopefully it's better than Matangi.

Do you think Vicki Leekx was better than Maya? I remember that being the prevailing opinion when it came out.
>>
what is this
>>
>>60376654
Matangi was great tho family
>>
>>60377218
falls off major after bad girls desu
>>
>>60377123
>not knowing M.I.A.
'paper planes woman' for the plebs.
>>
>>60377477
I meant matangi leekx

but thanks for being rude without a reason
>>
>>60377490
sorry m8

Matangi Leekx would presumably be unreleased and remixed songs recorded for Matangi released as a mixtape. Like Vicki Leekx. Apparently M.I.A. wasn't allowed release Matangi as she wanted, so this would be her chance to 'correct' that.
>>
>>60377576
what's wrong with matangi?
>>
>>60377598
When she handed the initial version in, Interscope told her that it was too positive for her and told her go change it.
>>
can someone post those pics with a parody of her album covers ?
>>
File: 1434217247704.gif (2 MB, 620x846) Image search: [Google]
1434217247704.gif
2 MB, 620x846
>>60377839
I can post this tbqh
>>
>>60377766
That actually explains a lot. Something about most of Matangi's non-single tracks seemed really half-hearted to me and I could never quite figure out why.
>>
>>60378284
I think there's plenty of good songs on Matangi, it just lacks a cohesive statement or feeling, as the previous three albums had.

Also down by trendy shit like YALA and DBT (tho the music vid is stellar). M.I.A. is normally setting trends, not following them.
>>
>>60378523
Honest to god, YALA almost ruins the album for me. It's not really MIA's fault, but that shit was so overplayed.
>>
>>60378574
I'd say YALA is pretty much the worst song she's ever put on an album.

It's a generic EDM club song with M.I.A. stuffing in a contrived footnote about reincarnation at the end.
>>
>>60378751
Damn it, I'd almost forgotten that sloppy ass spoken word outro.

>YOLO? I don even no wat dat means
>>
>>60378907
It's hilariously half assed. Thankfully, she reminds me why I love her with Bring the Noize
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.