[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would chvrches sound if they had grimes instead of lauren
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: lauren.jpg (885 KB, 1181x1772) Image search: [Google]
lauren.jpg
885 KB, 1181x1772
how would chvrches sound if they had grimes instead of lauren as a frontwoman? they would be better, almost the same or worse?
>>
>>60374727
similarly forgettable and i love grimes. the songwriting is nothing special here.
>>
>>60374735
but what if grimes contributed to songwriting/production along those 2 other guys?
>>
File: 1.jpg (60 KB, 960x677) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60 KB, 960x677
bump
>>
worse because lauren is cuter
>>
File: Lauren2643.jpg (134 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Lauren2643.jpg
134 KB, 960x960
my kind of thread
>>
>>60374727
Why would Grimes need those two hacks? She'd just drop them and make the same music she does now.
>>
>>60374770
Grimes would soon have those men under her thumb.
>>
File: Lauren2389.jpg (119 KB, 594x454) Image search: [Google]
Lauren2389.jpg
119 KB, 594x454
I think they would be worst. Grimes' vocal quality gets pretty stale in the higher registers. And her voice is very shy compared to Lauren's.
>>
File: Chvrches - Recover-1.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chvrches - Recover-1.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>60374727
The more interesting question would be: what if Lauren drop guys and join with Grimes?

I'd lose my shit if they join not only as musicians, gotta say.
>>
probably worse

you're replacing a mediocre voice with a mediocre voice and i assume you keep the 2 keks who write shitty instrumentation. grimes is all about muh equality and would prob demand to produce most of their songs tho so they'd sound even worse
>>
File: 2.jpg (58 KB, 689x571) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
58 KB, 689x571
>>60375908
lol
>>
>>60376912
wow my dick would explode with all the pixie synthpop possibilitys
>>
>>60374727
worse because Lauren has a bright, girly voice that makes at least most of their songs work and Grimes isn't that great of a singer anyway so
>>
good,but worse to look at
>>
>>60378691
but Grimes would bring some of her songwriting/production skills to the table.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.