[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listen to pic related for the first time >it's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: first utterance.jpg (463 KB, 1500x1488) Image search: [Google]
first utterance.jpg
463 KB, 1500x1488
>listen to pic related for the first time
>it's the best album ever made
is hating prog just a meme?
>>
well I like prog but that isnt rappresentative of the genre since its unique

check also this one which is another god tier never surpassed album

enjoy
>>
>>60372699
>rappresentative
>>
File: folder.jpg (134 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
134 KB, 600x600
>>60372699
forgot the album
>>
>is hating prog just a meme?
Hating prog is a meme.
Hating :
>wow he plays so fast
>muh epic compositions
>muh technical skillz
>muh guitars
>muh Steven Wilson, Rush, Tool, the list goes on
is not a meme.
>>
>>60372797
>muh guitars
recommend good guitarless prog
>>
>>60372858
Emerson Lake & Palmer
>>
>>60372872
I said good
>>
>>60372858
Should've said >muh guitar solos
>Gong
>Univers Zero
>Henry Cow
>>
>>60372907
henry cow arent good
>>
>>60372910
not taking the bait
>>
>>60372858
Soft machine's Third is one of the best albums in general, not just in prog.
>>
>>60372553
>it's the best album ever made
It's fairly flawed to be honest. Mad props for being released in 1971 or some shit like that.

When people say they hate prog, they say they hate the cheesy, proto-power metal stuff like Yes and Kansas, or rock radio favorites like Pink Floyd and King Crimson
>>
>>60372797
Go listen to your shitty twee pop and indie fag
>>
>>60373569
>Yes
Great band what the fuck who hates them

>Kansas
A lot of people hate them but they are fantastic if you aren't listening to CARRY ON
>>
>>60372553
It's good so far, but I'm really not seeing "the best album ever made" from this, and I fucking love prog.

I think people just hate the typical "muh solos" prog fans more than they do the actual music. Prog is too spread out as a genre to really hate ALL of it.
>>
>>60372703
I'M THE HIPHOPOPOTAMUS MY RHYMES ARE BOTTOMLESS
>>
>>60372858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB51dig1a0Q
>>
>>60373630
>I think people just hate the typical "muh solos" prog fans more than they do the actual music.
I hate solos in rock music honestly. They often don't add much to the music and don't even sound that good.
>>
>>60372797
you sound like a meme. Yes thats the reason. These bands are good, play good and have great compositions, thats why we give they credit.
>>
>>60372553
don't skip out on their second album even though it gets shit on a lot. it's nowhere near as good as First Utterance but there are still some beautiful tracks on it.
>>
>>60372553
>listen to comus for the first time
>throw up from how fucking plen it is and listen to something else instead
>>
This isnt even prog. On wikipedia comus is classified as freak folk
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.