[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a friend of mine introduced me to this shitty band and I fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (873 KB, 1468x1468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
873 KB, 1468x1468
So a friend of mine introduced me to this shitty band and I fucking don't get the point of why anyone would listen to it. Its NOT real music its just fucking cartoons. Seriously, he told me to listen to the songs by themselves if I didn't like the videos and I did but its just soulless generic crap by themselfs. I listened to mostly the songs that he said were the 'best' like Feel Good Inc. and 19-2000 and they were wtf-y and burned my ears. The cartoons aren't even good what are they even doing during the videos and why are they 3D at one point but 2D at others in the same fucking video. Bad animation to me imo. I don't mean to offend anyone by this but why listen to this generic crap 'music' they probably pulled out of their ass for easy money?
>>
fuck off with this shit
>>
damon albarn is a wankstain
>>
>>60370953
yea but actual paper cartoons play the music. you couldnt do that if you were paper
>>
their music is ok

its alternative rock with hip hop/trip hop/britpop influences not that complicated

the cartoon thing is why they're famous. without the gimmick they're just a damon albarn side project nobody would give a shit about
>>
>>60371017
>the cartoon thing is why they're famous. without the gimmick
i disagree. pretty sure damon's connections are why they are famous
>>
>>60371032
Maybe in the UK. They wouldn't be nearly as big in the US if it were just Damon Albarn's solo project. Nobody here cares about Blur, even less back then.

Clint Eastwood became a hit in the US because of the video.
>>
>>60371042
>Nobody here cares about Blur
blur were certainly popular in north america. what are you on about?
>>
>>60371059
they definitely weren't

look at their chart positions in the 90s

at best they had a cult following among indie fans.
>>
>>60371042
Maybe thats because Blurs music is essentially anti-american
Gorillaz' music can appeal to everyone, and could easily stand on its own without the visual aspect
>>
>>60371074
well i guess child me was super hip cuz i was well aware of them
>>
>>60370953
>retards won't recognize the obvious bait
>>
>>60371074
They got decent airplay on the radio. I mean they weren't as big as Oasis or anything but they had a following. Even my mom knew who Blur were in the 90s.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.