[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dave Grohl Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 534246900_Dave20Grohl_xlarge.jpg (13 KB, 218x350) Image search: [Google]
534246900_Dave20Grohl_xlarge.jpg
13 KB, 218x350
>makes forced, uninspired music
>Dad/Bro "Rock"
>>
Uninspired, debatable but fair. But I wouldn't say "forced" the guy works at a very leisurely pace. These lazy buggers have been at it for 20 years and they only have 8 records out,
>>
>>60370094
gee. /mu/ is a really slow board

like /tv/ in the old days
>>
>>60370121
That's a pretty standard rate these days, bro. It's not the 60's any more.
>>
>>60370128
>/mu/
>slow
Wow. You should check out some of the smaller boards. Ever been to /po/?
>>
>>60370130
Kanye has the same amount of albums out and he's been at it for 10. Arctic Monkeys 5 in 10. Muse 7 in 16 and a stupid amount of b-sides. Ghost 3 in 5. Like, even big-ish bands still work. The Foo Fighters rest on their laurels for ages between each release.
>>
To be fair, Grohl has written a handful of real ace tunes. Everlong, Times Like These, both are pretty bloody nice. But the last ten years of big chorus, radio anthem made-for-tv-sports-highlight-reel bullshit gives me cancer
>>
Eh, the first FF album is decent and there are a few songs that are okay too. Besides that yeah, both Dave as a composer and the FF as a band are bland as fuck.
>>
>>60370094
why is reddit so obsessed with hating a washed up 90s star
>>
>>60370245
Nowadays stadiums are more likely to play soundgarden and STP than the Foo Fighters, to be honest.>>60370245
>>
>>60370263
Part of why i love to hate this guy is that he is so far removed from the supposed ethos of Nirvana. Kurt would probs be spinning in his grave knowing he was associated with Dave Grohl. Whilst krist novoselic wears his flipper shirt and plays in local bands and still does drugs Dave is a fucking media whore and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>60370094
I like Big Me
>>
>>60370352
Remember: Krist Novoselic was a politician for several years in the 2000s
>>
>>60370094
he's fine, he's music is fine.
its annoying how he is portrayed as the
>SAVIOR OF ROCK 3DEEP5ME MUSICIAN
>>
>>60370352
I really feel you in that he deserted Nirvana's ethos but on the other hand not deserting the ethos of your high school band is kind of sad
>>
>>60370128
also it's like 6 am
>>
>>60370352
>Whilst krist novoselic wears his flipper shirt and plays in local bands and still does drugs Dave is a fucking media whore and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

It's called growing up and becoming a responsible adult, anon. Krist can't do any better for himself and probably overcompensates a bit for his brief political career.
>>
>>60370094

He's alright. Gets more hate than he should on this board.
>>
Few people I hate more in the industry. He's literally the Jeniffer Lawrence of music

>so relatable
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.