[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are rap fans so set on the idea that the most popular artists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: method-man120315.jpg (73 KB, 616x440) Image search: [Google]
method-man120315.jpg
73 KB, 616x440
Why are rap fans so set on the idea that the most popular artists are also the best ones?
>>
>>60366738
inb4 scaruffi copypata
>>
because they have the most money and attention placed on their releases
>>
Because memerap is all top 40 pop garbage.
>>
>>60366738
What

Nearly any genre has fans that do this
>>
you can trace a lot of it back to 50 cent, m&m's and the interscope machine
>>
>>60366778
+1

>>60366767
>Implying other genres don't do this
>>
>>60366738
Which "Rap fans" are you fucking talking to man
>>
>>60366810
they all do it yeah
fans make up the demographic of a genre's listeners, the more fans that like an artist the more popular the artist is

how do you not get this
>>
>>60366738
Normies (white high schoolers) listen to top 40 rap
Backpackers shit on anything that gets even close to the radio
Real hip-hop heads don't give a shit as long as it's good.

If you can't bump Del The Funky Homosapien one day and Young Thug the next, you're a busta (not those 2 specifically just a general point)
>>
>>60366738
Exactly the same with rock fans. Metallica will always have a fanbase no matter how bad they were.
>>
>>60366738
I haven't heard a single rap fan call Macklemore or Iggy Azalea the best yet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.