[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 16
File: Mahogany_Lunar.jpg (67 KB, 730x490) Image search: [Google]
Mahogany_Lunar.jpg
67 KB, 730x490
Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors (wink, wink, WINK)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.
>Mixing Secrets and misc resources from previous thread
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP : posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.
>>
File: barack.jpg (445 KB, 1575x792) Image search: [Google]
barack.jpg
445 KB, 1575x792
https://clyp.it/13udms4y

version of thing I posted a bit ago.

pitched down, removed synths, added piano, added more texture.
>>
File: sad.jpg (39 KB, 187x175) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
39 KB, 187x175
>tfw I'll never be able to produce anything like BoC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjw4VuF_Yf8
>>
>>60352454
Use loads of tape saturation and search for synth packs with BoC presets/sound-alike samples, if you really wanna sound like them.

Concentrate on getting texture into your tracks.
>>
>>60352513
Presets are pretty lazy imo
>>
>>60352534
Well duh. I'm just trying to help you get the BoC sound the easy way, if you wanted it so. I find it weird that anyone would want to ape the sound of another group anyway and I don't use presets -- only maybe as a launching off point.

Get an ARP 2600 VST and stuff like the Korg MS-20, Jupiter 8, and Prophet 5 and you'll be sorted.

If you want to get a certain feel of theirs on your records, add loads of tape saturation.
>>
>>60352513
dude I mean those beats that bass those vocals those texture
I dont really care about sounding like them, rather having their goodnes
>>
>>60352582
Ok, well then that's like wishing on a shooting star.

If you want some concrete methods: build up a good drum sample library, experiment with things like tape delay on synths and drums, get some good reverb VSTs, get into "plunderphonics" and sample non-musical sources for texture.
>>
>>60352454
>>60352454
>>tfw I'll never be able to produce anything like BoC
Is this a general statement or are you actually looking at wanting to produce like BoC?
Most of their sounds are pretty basic, but I think they put a lot of time into the details. I can get some of the synth lead sounds on my Volca bass.

I've no idea why people want to sound like BoC, why not put the work in and sound like you but better?
>>
https://clyp.it/zdzp35vv

m8s
>>
>>60352582
If you want to be as good as BoC, you're going to have to listen to drum loops for hours on end to find the right one.

Be prepared to record the playback of recorder on cassette only to record the playback of that recording of a recorder so you can record that playback of the recording record to record the recorded recorder record record.
>>
File: Old-windows-logo.png (30 KB, 319x265) Image search: [Google]
Old-windows-logo.png
30 KB, 319x265
https://clyp.it/oderrgso
bit of clipping here and there. don't mind that.
mixing and mastering skillz are shit.
>>
>>60352629
>Be prepared to record the playback of recorder on cassette only to record the playback of that recording of a recorder so you can record that playback of the recording record to record the recorded recorder record record.
Meta
>>
>>60352629
>If you want to be as good as BoC, you're going to have to listen to drum loops for hours on end to find the right one.
thing is, I dont want to use premade loops. I mean Im not sure if it's common practice for producers to use beat loops but I feel like I would only copy other people works. Is it how is it done? do you guys produce your own beats or do you use loops?
At the same time is hard to just came up with a good groovy beat from nothing
>>
>>60352618
I'm pretty sure the sentiment is they want to capture the seemingly "magic" quality of their music.

It's not too difficult to pump out 70s documentary ambient synth over top techno beats and samples of children counting, but it's nearly impossible to nail exactly the right mix of everything that BoC does.

Only early Black Moth Super Rainbow honestly captures that level of shit, and even then it's clearly so much more naive.
>>
>>60352649
>do you guys produce your own beats or do you use loops?
Both
>>
>>60352649
I was referring to BoC with that, m8.

Mike and Marcus said they spent hours listened to drum loops they made to find the right ones for Geogaddi.
>>
>>60352650
>>60352454
I find BoC kinda boring, to be honest.

I love a lot of music of that ilk -- stuff Plaid, Four Tet, Autechre, etc.

I don't even dislike BoC. I like a handful of tunes and overall they're a decent group, but they can be a bit dull and samey.

Not trying to offend, btw
>>
>>60352627
Good stuff if a little bit long. Vocals are too quiet too.
>>
>>60352670
Nah it's cool.

I end up falling in the same trap a lot of BoC fans fall in where the main thing they like about the music is the atmosphere. Nostalgia and all that.

They're a lot more subtle than their contemporaries in my opinion, which I appreciate.

I also have an incredibly heavy fetish for the particular sound of recorded audio from the 1960s-70s, the way voices sound on tape, stuff like that, along side my regular more common fetish for analog synths. So BoC really scratches that itch.
>>
>>60352650
It's true, it's funny how I never listen to any BoC stuff now but remember being hyped as fuck when they dropped the first couple of albums. The kids voices really piss me off now when I listen to BoC.
>>60352649
Always make my own beats, like yourself it never feels right to me to use someone else's work. I mean what sort of producer are you if you can't make your own beetz? Just keep at it and eventually things will click a bit more and you'll be making better beats. Fuck I've been making beats for about 10 years now and it's still a challenge to get something decent.
>>
>>60352699
Glad you enjoy them. I just find there's a lot of stuff to wade through, but I can recognise their talent.

It's just personal preference, but I get more out of the analogue trickery Autechre get up to.
>>
>>60352715
>I mean what sort of producer are you if you can't make your own beetz?
Flying Lotus, Madlib, Daedelus, etc. all use sampled beats. You don't need to be so hard line. A good producer is not decided upon whether or not they don't sample a beat here or there.

I do both -- predominantly, I make my own beats, but from time to time, I might incorporate a break I find when listening to rare records. I might also chop up that found break.
>>
>>60352670
>I find BoC kinda boring, to be honest.
Yeah same, not sure why really either.

>I love a lot of music of that ilk -- stuff Plaid, Four Tet, Autechre, etc.
yep, was into all that sort of thing big years back, plaid, four tet, fridge, nightmares on wax, FSoL, AFX, Wagon Christ and Autecre...
Funny thing is I really can't listen to much of it now apart from the AFX acid stuff, nightmares on wax, wagon Christ and Autechre, it seems I never get bored of that but the rest including BoC seems pretty dull to me now. I've no idea why this is as they've obviously made some great albums...maybe I've listened to them too much...give me Autechre over BoC any day now
>>
>>60352730
Autechre's more digital abuse and exploitation than analog.

>>60352567
MS-20 maybe. More SH-101 and Yamaha CS series poly.

Really though, the BoC sound is more in the composition. The studio trickery is an element, yeah, but if you really want to evoke the nostalgia they do you'd need a similar harmonic ear. Their general timbre is easily achievable with some thinking and elbow grease.

This is also my first post in /prod/. Usually I only read these threads for a laugh but I decided to be helpful today.
>>
>>60352745
Yeah you're right, I kinda said that a bit jokingly about not being able to make your own beats. I think anyone into even lifting other people's beats soon gets drawn into the beat analysing and deconstruction of those beats and then piecing together their own beats eventually.
>>
>>60352828
>Really though, the BoC sound is more in the composition. The studio trickery is an element, yeah, but if you really want to evoke the nostalgia they do you'd need a similar harmonic ear.
Hmmm -- a lot of their stuff is just trickery, though. You could get a lot of their sound by recording a long session of fiddling around with the knobs of a Moog, ARP or something, with they C key held down, and then editing it afterwards.
>>
>>60352853
>Hmmm -- a lot of their stuff is just trickery, though. You could get a lot of their sound by recording a long session of fiddling around with the knobs of a Moog, ARP or something, with they C key held down, and then editing it afterwards.
Pretty sure that exactly what they do...according to their interviews the spend weeks going back through all their recording archives
>>
>>60352881
That's my point, though. It's not really in the "composition" -- it's in the trickery and then editing afterwards.
Nothing wrong with that -- it's not meant to be a criticism. Any means justify the ends in music, imo.

I concede that you need the "harmonic ear," you mention, when it comes to editing, but you can just go wild when tinkering, really.

Not a fan of this guy, but you can see what I mean by just pressing random shit and editing it into something better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCxBVu1-sE

I really think what he made is garbage, though. Ha.
>>
BoC have good ears for melody.

Seriously, it's not all trickery, play their tunes on a piano and many of them will stand up.
>>
>>60352636
Too much random stuff and styles happening imho. 3:30+ is interesting but the walk back to the root key is boring, needs effects or different melody.

I wouldn't mind seeing if I can fix it a little if it's a FL project and you want to share it.
>>
>>60352917
I like them, but seriously -- 80% of tracks are textural. It's lovely, but they're not very melodic or tuneful.
Personally that's not an issue for me, I'm just saying it as a counterpoint. For every tuneful track, there's around 5 textural/semi-ambient ones.
>>
>>60352934
I take your point, I guess I think of a lot of the textural tracks as intermissions rather than 'proper' tracks.
The ones that stick with me tend to have good melodies/bass.
Obviously they have a signature sound which heavily colours everything they do and is a lot of the appeal of their output.
>>
>>60352904
Yeah this is what I meant in an earlier post where I mentioned the sounds they use not being all that complicated, basic sounds, well produced, edited and treated to some well done effects and processing
>>
But yeh, don't try to sound like BoC. They've been doing it very well for 20 years. Try to create something fresh.
>>
>>60352929
Thanks for feedback senpai. Really appreciate that. Sometimes I get lazy and just copy and paste.

Sadly, I'm using reason and ableton. Otherwise, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>60353003
Alright. Try a stutter on those notes and it would sound better right away imho.
>>
>>60352904
>This is a modified Korg Volca Keys
>which is a really shit synthesizer
Fucking lost it.
>>
>>60353038
Got it. Thanks again, had no idea about that technique.
>>
https://clyp.it/x0fvcjep

Can anyone tell me whether I EQed the 808 correctly? I split it up into a sub bass part and the everything else part. My friend tells me they're overlapping, but I don't hear it myself. The equalizer also says they don't, but I just wanna make sure.
>>
>>60353140
>which is a really shit synthesizer
I've seen this video before and as a big fan of the Volcas, that comment made me fall off my chair with laughter
>>
>>60353216
yeah that sounds pretty much terrible imo, it's way too present in the mix with too many non sub bass frequencies, it's an 808 why does it need mid frequencies? When I do 808s I generally have like everything above 200 hz cut out and then I have a compressor or an envelope do a really heavy transient on it so you still get the midrange impression but just from the impact, I don't know it might not be to everyone's taste.

https://clyp.it/rkjwgfvh

but it's a way of getting it to cut through the mix without taking up too much of the mid.

The first one is a synth 808, the second one is using an 808 sample (I'm aware the second one is too loud, it was from 2012 I wasn't very good at mixing then)
>>
>>60353323
Well, he's got a fucking Doepfer right there, Volca's a toy next to it.
>>
https://clyp.it/2spice0n

I have used computers for evil, to bring back the sound of 90s RnB
>>
>>60352454
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ04PwFvui1BCUAE9wxmOqHE51mrDv8Ui

yes you will if you learn your synthesis
>>
>>60353582
I know what the envelopers are, what filters are and how they work, I know what waves have more frequency then others

will that video help me achieve good sounds? Does it explain also additive synth? (which I dont really understand how to make anything that isnt a monkey shitting on a microphone)
>>
>>60353342

I want it to have mid frequencies though, I'm trying to recreate the bass from this song

https://youtu.be/PBo_rJB91OY?t=15s

I think I got close, but the one in the song has more higher frequencies I think.

Also just realized I forgot to enable the kick in the clip. https://clyp.it/mpulrxup

Also that first part sounded awesome, just goes to show how much further I need to improve.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>60353743
>will that video help me achieve good sounds?
ye

>will that video help me achieve good sounds?
Mostly Subtractive and FM. Additive isn't too difficult if you think about it as just piling up blocks.
>>
>>60354275
>Mostly Subtractive and FM. Additive isn't too difficult if you think about it as just piling up blocks.
Sorry I meant FM instead of additive. Gonna watch it then, thanks
>>
>>60353806
Yours sounds real good though, don't know what that other guy is on.
>>
Is there any clear guide on how to use the Launch Control , i did what they say the novation 2min video and it not's really the same , when i move the knobs nothing happens for instance
>>
>>60354857
install drivers, enable in preferences, map controls

which part of this process are you getting lost on?
>>
>>60354887
they do say " start performing without power supplies or drivers."
i didn't install drivers then , sould i ?

i enabled preferences and tried to start mapping but moving knobs dont do nothing as i said
>>
>>60354918
hmm.... maybe it doesn't need drivers then? i dunno, if there's any downloads for it or anything on the novation website i'd grab them

is there a control surface preset in the dropdown menu (assuming you're in ableton) for it? did you enable it that way or with the track/sync/remote buttons?
>>
>>60354971
i did with the tracK/sync
>>
>>60355056
enable remote too

also check for a control surface preset in the list
>>
lately i've been practising in eqing my 808s and kicks properly and focusing more on the mixing stage in general, and these are the best results I got:
https://clyp.it/sziqkdva

does it sound good to you?
>>
>>60355332
pretty gud
now make a song
>>
>>60355492
thx man, i'm trying to get a coherent structure
>>
>>60355332

That was nice. I always find the melody in songs like this to be the hardest to make.
>>
>>60355998
same here actually, it's the most difficult part for me too.
i used to sample stuff back then and there was no problem because the melody was already there, but now i like to be more creative.

usually melodies can come up on my mind any moment, so recently i started just grabbing my phone and recording myself singing the melodies, i don't care if people stares at me weird, i regret not having done this before because i forgot many melodies that i thought were good.
>>
>>60352364
next time do add /comp/. Or at least in the thread description, because /comp/ threads die out alone, and i think they fit in quite well here
>>
>>60356316
can't really appreciate what's going on in there, but yes maybe it could work
>>
>>60356358
Alright. Will work on this some more, just wanted confirmation I'm not completely disassociated from others' ear pictures.
>>
>>60353353
As much as I like the Volcas compared to most synths they are really shitty synths
>>
File: IMG_20150920_211642011_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150920_211642011_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
last time this was good fun, so I want to try that again:
let's talk mastering!
post your ready-to-master tracks (means no sum compression/limiting 24bit stereo wavs with a little bit of headroom left) and I'll try to do a quick 30 minute master so we can talk about the result and what needs to be done in the mastering stage.
I'm a jr engineer with not much experience with mastering electronic music so I'm pretty interested in what you want your tracks to sound like.
>>
What do you think of my Pink Floyd ripoff?
https://clyp.it/bttnydv0
>>
Am I retarded?

Literally everything I shit out of the DAW sounds cool to me and I don't feel like progressing anything further.

Why do I have such low standards?
>>
File: Waldorf.jpg (424 KB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
Waldorf.jpg
424 KB, 900x550
if I buy a bass station ii
can I plug the audio out and midi out from my ultra nova into the inputs on the bass station, mute the bass station oscillators, and play the nova oscillators paraphonically with full envelope control through the bass station's analog filters?
>>
>>60357607
literally no need for any headroom if it's 24bit audio. please at least try to understand the technicalities before getting into the craft. there are already too many idiots in this field who don't understand jack shit about the theory behind what they're doing.
>>
>>60358594
actually, it doesn't even matter if it's 24bit or not. a normalized wav will be as good for mastering as one that isn't normalized, if not better because of the distance to the noise floor, although that doesn't matter for 24bit stuff
>>
>>60358594
Who needs rules when you got feels?
>>
>>60358614
if i pay someone to master/mix my stuff, I'm not paying for muh feels, but for actual knowledge. admittedly it doesn't really matter as long as the end results sounds good, but why not strive to know everything there is to know when you do something? ignorance is not bliss in a professional field
>>
>>60357607
do you only want completed tracks? or will a section of mixed track work
>>
>>60358749
of course something like a 60 second part is fine if you find it representative for the whole track
>>
>>60358198
well what are your goals? if it's just to have fun then your standards meet them, no?

your post reminds me of this ariel pink song btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uXuNPPuh8Q

i guess there's a lesson to be had there.
>>
wow cool hi hats are hard (also my claps suck rn)

https://clyp.it/dmjyttzq
>>
File: eq.jpg (578 KB, 1408x1987) Image search: [Google]
eq.jpg
578 KB, 1408x1987
hello my fellow producers

ive got this thing
https://clyp.it/vrjpmcgv

any thoughts? the second part im not so sure about
>>
>>60359879
WOw that's pretty nice, what's the original sample?
>>
>>60359879
CUT THE MUD
>>
>>60359938
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1d65OHYXo

>>60359969
mud as iiin?
>>
I want something with a similair workflow to an mpc1000 becuse i want to get it in the near future, anyone?
>>
>>60352534
presets are lazy if you don't tweak them but sometimes theres just a good preset and it works

I try to use them as a bulding block and edit mostly tho
>>
>>60354275
you can also use a hybrid synth like operator or sytrus and it has multiple types of synthesis
>>
>>60353396
I like this
>>
>>60352364
How do I into complex hi-hat patterns atlanta trap style? I never could wrap my head around that. I'm sure there's a really easy way....r-right?
>>
>>60364053
triplets triplets triplets triplets sextuplets sextuplets sextuplets sextuplets
>>
https://clyp.it/mfjz3utw
just some ambience
>>
>>60364076
Yes but not only that. Sometimes the whole bpm slows down and then speeds up again. Does anyone know what I mean?
>>
>>60364177
you mean half-time?
>>
>>60364053
Just click randomly in the midi roll.
>>
>>60364192
yes maybe. I was more interested in how exactly to accomplish that in your daw
Logic/ableton here
>>
https://clyp.it/gx21ub4c

how do you feel about this demo /prod/
>>
>>60364803
just modulate the bpm
>>
>>60352917
There's a certain name for the chords they use. It's all the same stuff for all their songs. I can't recall exactly what it was but they use a lot of inverted chords and progressions. Also math.
>>
>>60365325
d i a t o n i c and p e n t a t o n i c mixed with s l i c e d b e a t z
>>
>>60359879
I like this desu

>>60360069
he's talking about the frequencies that muddy up the mix and I assume he's talking about the bass/kick in particular.
>>
>>60364871
I like it, it's a cool slice of IDM. Compression here and there, and some fuckery with panning would go a long away as well.
>>
>>60365547
yes, I am gonna pan it out more, exactly what I thought.
>>
>>60365602
maybe you can tell me if this is shit or not

https://clyp.it/2zvbxgum

it's going for a nicolay meets dam-funk kinda feel
>>
What do ya'll think of these?
https://clyp.it/1gyv2tb4
https://clyp.it/00mycfx4
I'm not satisfied with the transition on the second demo
>>
>>60352433
Can I have feedback please, particularly about mixing, whether or not the high end is too grating with all the metallic shit going on
>>
>>60365696
bass is interfering with the kick drum

Clap is boring, would add more diversity in the beat.

could add a pad or sub bass to fill out the spectrum.

the melodies childish BUT, this could be a good thing, BoC has a lot of silly melodies but they work.

That's all I got. Sounds cute though, gl
>>
>>60365778
no actually, it's not grating at all.

it sounds a lot like teebs
>>
>>60352433
>https://clyp.it/13udms4y
yea it hurts my ears
subtlety is your friend
>>
>>60365787
it's early on, not happy with it at all

which melody is childish, the main rhodes riff or the little obx thing later
>>
>>60365778

Lower the high ends, way too grating
>>
>>60365853
the entire thing, but again this could work even as it is now. I wouldn't count it as a strike at all, I was just pointing it out.
>>
>>60365853
>melody is childish
what kinda criticism is this

fuck /mu/ seriously family
>>
>>60365888
silly, non-exciting, basic, simple, straight forward, nintendo super mario music

etc etc etc, what you want? It's not a bad thing, it's just a thing.
>>
>>60365876
this is what I'm kinda going for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sNg0j7RKA

but holy fuck i think i just realized how similar the main rhodes are to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0d10UZbgQ
>>
>>60365854
>>60365816
>>60365807
k, thanks senpais
>>
How do I fix latency issues with my controller? Is it the DAW? The cable? My system? The keyboard itself?
>>
File: 3d4.jpg (29 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
3d4.jpg
29 KB, 396x400
>show friend a track
>"nice man what do you have planned for the vocals?"
>tell him nothing
>"what the fuck man nobody's going to listen to this. You think people just sit around and listen to music with no vocals?"
>>
>>60366000
i lik the first song wheres it from
>>
>>60366078
same here.
oh well I make dank music so they can fug off
>>
>>60366045
use a better sound driver
>>
>>60366104
It's Nicolay.
It's from his project with Phonte (from Little Brother) called The Foreign Exchange. Check out Connected. The rest of the albums are still pretty good but Connected is by far their best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQyOPVejtSE

It's amazing one of my favorite hip hop albums actually.
>>
File: 1370057288026.gif (1 MB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
1370057288026.gif
1 MB, 225x199
>>60366078
>>
>>60366255
what did he mean by that facial expression?
>>
>too afraid to post my own music
why
>>
>>60366297
because like that anon said your shit is childish
>>
>>60366321
but that was my first post in this thread anon
>>
>>60366272
his holes await ravaging
>>
File: w-wai-what.jpg (192 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
w-wai-what.jpg
192 KB, 500x477
>>60366078
>talking with fellow college student
>tell him I compose and record music on the computer
>he asks what programs I use
>"I use abletong and renoise for mixing and mastering and compose on musescore sometimes"
>he literally says
>"Oh... well, uhh, I know this kind of thing is expensive and professional but do you have like Fruity Loops or something like that?"

I just told him Ableton and Renoise are programs that are, like FL, Digital Audio Workstations, but I could feel the reeeeee inside me. I've read experiences like that but I guess you gotta live it to believe it.
>>
File: asdff.jpg (26 KB, 488x423) Image search: [Google]
asdff.jpg
26 KB, 488x423
>>60366382
>some guy says he knows a "producer" and I should collab with him
>know it won't work but i message him
>he asks what program I use
>LMMS
>mfw he says "Oh I can't help you then man sorry, I have FL Studio, just get it for free man I have the cracked version"
fucking hacks
>>
>>60366445
why do people gotta give fl studio a bad name
>inb4 its shit
>>
>>60366581
its for kids LOL

I'm kidding, there's a reason these softwares are popular. its what the artist makes and not what interface they prefer to get to that result
>>
>>60366581
because it's easily piratable and usually the first stop for teen broducers. but that doesn't mean it isn't a decent daw. most people don't actually give a shit about what daw you use.

plus it seems a lot of those cunts are moving to ableton to make their edm these days.
>>
File: 1416247894242.jpg (44 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
1416247894242.jpg
44 KB, 699x699
>>60366445
>get it for free i have the cracked version
>i have the cracked version
>free
>cracked version

damneth...
>>
>>60366616
kek
I can agree with that
>>60366626
true
>>
https://clyp.it/bqj22py0
feedback on this shit
>>
>>60366445
>>60366639
does he not know song stems are a thing?
>>
>>60366668
snares stand ridiculously far out from everything else. also change up the progression of the arps eventually and the hihat pattern and you have a guaranteed bangurr
>>
>>60366668
sounds alright. kinda christmas carol like. turn up the melody and compress it whole. rap over.
>>
does anyone have a zip of their stems? will use to practice mixing/mastering
>>
>>60352636
>https://clyp.it/oderrgso
>Influences:
>Daft Punk
>M.O.O.N.
>>
>>60366718
thanks. yeah the snare was layered with some other snare that i'm pretty sure I forgot to even add to the mixer. yeah my other songs have better hit hats
>>60366724
thanks, good advice

what I worry about the most is the 808s. they sound good dont they? I worked hard on them
>>
>>60366783
what did you do to the 808s
>>
File: 1418940979844.jpg (52 KB, 412x395) Image search: [Google]
1418940979844.jpg
52 KB, 412x395
>>60366817
absolutely nothing
was trying to fish out a insult so I know what was wrong, because I know they can be better
>>
>made around 90 projects since I moved into this new flat four months ago
>they're all shit
maybe one or two songs I like at the moment. Is this normal?
>>
>>60366865
not really. you've conditioned yourself to only like songs you feel are perfect
>I do the same thing
>>
>>60366865
For some people. Don't give up.
>>
>>60366888
>implying there's anything wrong with aiming for perfection

>>60366895
I doubt I'll ever give up, but lately ive just felt discouraged.
I've maybe finished 5 songs in total in the past few months but its slowly less and less bad
>>
>>60366865
maybe the flat is haunted???
>>
>>60366938
nah I mean I forgot to mention I liked them at the time and made something I considered solid once a week

it's been like that since i started
>>
>>60366920
there nothing wrong with perfection, except its subjective
but all ruses aside just make sure you aren't deleting everything that you dont think is perfect. because you may wanna take parts from your "shit" projects and make a good'n
>>
File: 1426962178661.jpg (75 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
1426962178661.jpg
75 KB, 480x410
>have both tracks for a single composed
>just need to record and mix them
>keep finding stupid little reasons to put it off
shia can't help me now
>>
>>60366974
nah I don't (but I had to reformat and it didn't back up) Luckily I had a friend who is also /prod/ and saved them because he liked them.

Here's some of my most personal songs I finished that are over a year old
https://mega.nz/#F!CY1nECwJ!-m-BYu848tWUDHCBi980Hw

I sound like this now https://clyp.it/1mypxu3r

tl;dr I know it'll take me at least a decade to get to be as good as my favorite artists. just weird as fuck to see people pick up how to make music so quickly and be really good
>>
>>60367016

Just Dooooo it!
>>
>>60367090
personal in the sense that I realized I'd want to do this sort of thing for the rest of my life. feel free to ignore though
>>
>>60367090
this is good. sounds like something of my electronic album
>>
>>60367143
thanks man. unfortunately I'll never be able to polish the demo since the bass I made in fm8 was reset to the default because my copy keeps spazing out when i try to click "save as"

living on the edge.
>>
>Bass + effects pedal confirmed for working better than expected
>>
>>60358431
Bump for this
I know one of you hardware fags are fucked up in the head enough to try something like this
>>
>>60366382
He was just bringing up something relevant he knows about to carry on the conversation, you status signalling hipster.
>>
>>60358431
>>60368575
yep. done something similar with a yamaha fb-01 and a novation k-station, since FM synths don't have any filters on them.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.