[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are my fellow niggas from NC listening to tonight? Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: 2mapofnc.jpg (46 KB, 418x328) Image search: [Google]
2mapofnc.jpg
46 KB, 418x328
What are my fellow niggas from NC listening to tonight? Where y'all at? College? Home? Moms house? Tell me whats up senpai.
>>
File: QicX0Vo.png (637 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
QicX0Vo.png
637 KB, 1920x1080
From Hickory, NC. Currently away at school and missing that gorgeous state =[

listening:

https://blankbanshee.bandcamp.com/album/blank-banshee-0
>>
At college trying my best to ignore this 54 I just got in my programming class.
Found Travis $cott not too long ago and I'm loving everything he's put out.
Listening to Kane Grocerys on the side
>>
Asheville, listening to AnCo.
>>
>>60348825
Same here senpai, what album?
>>
File: Blaze.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Blaze.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Currently home right now in the Bull bumping Danny Blaze. He's actually from Durham so yknow. Gotta support the natives.
>>
Greensboro, listening to "Ezra" on 0PN's SC. College's alright as of rn.
>>
Winston-Salem, might move to Denver soon tho
Listening to Autechre atm

I'm also a piece of shit lowlife with no prospects :D
>>
>>60349992
Leighton?
>>
>>60350003
Nah, not me pal
>>
Randolph County here
Chris Stapletons album "Traveller"
>>
UNCC
Lived here my whole life but just moved near campus.
A mix of unwound and garden of delete
>>
>>60347875

Asheville, got on Cease Upon the Capitol
>>
>>60350707

I just graduated from there last year. major?
>>
ECU getting baked
Listening to
https://hindsights.bandcamp.com/album/cold-walls-cloudy-eyes
>>
Boone
Smoking some straight fire
>>
Live in Cary, going to school UNC-W
Getting psyched to see the gf this weekend
>>
Going to school in Boone. Listening to Purpose because :^)
>>
>>60352888
Bio. You?
>>
>>60348825
>>60348840
>assville
>anco
jesus christ you guys are so predictable
>>
>>60355414

Same! I thought the program was pretty decent. GOAT professors: Schneider, Bost, Leamy
>>
>>60355493
>/mu/
>this comment
jesus christ you guys are so predictable
>>
>>60356172
Bio yes, but chem is sucking hard. I've only taken Schneider and he has been great. Taking every class I can with him, plus I'm trying to do Entomology and he fucking loves bugs. What are you doing now?
>>
Duke - Listening to Garden of Delete. Loving it so far
>>
>>60357072

Yeah, Chem will suck pretty bad. good organic chem profs: Ogle, Walter. Avoid etzkorn at all costs.

Dr. Schneider is doing some pretty cool research with honey bees, I worked in his lab last summer. Ask him about it! Research experience as an undergrad is golden.

I'm getting a masters at the moment, trying to get into med school.
>>
>>60357176
Yeah, I'm taking orgo with Walter in the spring. Etzkorn sounds like Horger. Great prof but his tests and grading scale are bullshit compared to the others.

Nice! I was definitely planning on it when I had time. I believe ya. He never shuts up about honeybees for Insect Bio lectures haha.

Good luck. One of the reasons I'm looking towards research is for how fucking competitive and expensive it is to get into med school. No way I would've stood a chance at that being a 2-year senior.
>>
>>60357330

I was a three year senior, no joke. that's why I'm doing the master's. It's totally doable with a post-bac program even with mediocre grades. Research is my backup. Thanks man, you too.
>>
Duke
Listening to Another Green World and enjoying the weather. Very comfy
>>
sanford
listening to portishead and livin the neet lyfe
>>
>>60357475
Good to know. You still live in the area?
>>
>>60358094

Nope, different state in the southeast. Miss it though
>>
File: R-349457-1335776139.jpeg.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
R-349457-1335776139.jpeg.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
UNCC too, listening to pic related
>>
Gastonia, listening to the sound of my bass amp outputting computer noises.
>>
NCSU in my dorm

albums I listened to at least partially today;
>Paul Simon - Graceland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXzLeFUkpc
>Boa - Twilight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0N5YblvT1c
>The Sundays - Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq9x-ff0fXs

Which is odd because I usually listen to coldwave or industrial techno or whatever but I've been on this kind of softcore binge recently. It's just so peaceful and nostalgic, I love it. In a good mood.

>>60358678
can you vocaroo
>>
Boone boyz WW@?
>>
>>60347875
Durham, looking to get out ASAP.
Literally the most boring and predictable gentrified town I have ever seen.
Fuck microbrews, fuck Merge, fuck our shitty venues (I like the Carolina theater, just not most of the music), fuck the "foody" culture, and especially fuck the guys that mugged me.
>>
>>60347875
Wilmington here, new OPN rn.
>>
>>60360256
also forgot, listening to time machines (edgy, I know)
>>
File: 61-tSpV21TL.jpg (92 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61-tSpV21TL.jpg
92 KB, 500x500
>>60360272
wilmy too

listening to pic related
>>
>>60360385
nice!
>>
guilford college. listening to my girlfriend talk about work.
>>
>>60355493
>>60356225
to be fair asheville is sort of shit sometimes.
>>
>>60360272
>>60360385
VA here, I kissed a girl on the cheek in the drivethrough of your Cookout. Wilmington seems pretty cool, but all the people there seem like they want to get out. Do you like it?
>>
Went to school at App. Graduated in December and now work in Durham while splitting my nights between Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

Currently listening to the first Flesh Wounds ep. Going to see them with Nobunny next week. Ill be at White Reaper tomorrow probably. Anyone else going?
>>60360256
The Pinhook occasionally gets good stuff, as does Duke Coffeehouse. Plus Bull City Records is decent and a new shop called Carolina Soul is opening downtown at the end of the year. The food scene is overhyped but some stuff is good.
>>
Fayetteville NC at my mom's house. Not listening to anything now, but earlier i was listening to Death in June & Sonic Youth. Life kinda sucks for me right now.
>>
>>60361223
I was listening to some Sonic Youth today too. Hang in there anon
>>
>>60361223
Currently listening to Shellac.
>>
THROW ME THE CORD AND PLUG IT IN
GET THE CRADLE ROCKING
WE'LL ROUND UP THE DURHAM HC KIDS AND THE CHAR-GRILL KILLERS
JESSE H COMING TO OUR PIT, ALL AGES SHOW
>>
>>60361256
Thank man. What album where you listening to & where do you reside?
>>
>>60361277
Live in Lynchburg, VA
Listening to a little bit of Sister. I'm still pretty new to Sonic Youth and haven't fallen in love with them yet although I recognize they were pretty innovative, what would you recommend?
>>
>>60361303
Sister is a pretty good album. As far as recommendations go, listen to Daydream Nation. Everybody on this forum praises it, and it for good reason too. Easily one of their best works.
>>
>>60361371
Alright sweet, thanks!
>>
UNC-CH, just listened to Garden of Delete
>>
>>60361303
Also, for me 80s Sonic Youth is the best. Listen to Bad Moon Rising, Evol, and Confusion is sex if you want to listen to harsh unpolished noise fest that's heavily influenced by No- Wave.
>>
Hey, did anybody goto that DIIV show in Carrboro a couple of weeks ago?
>>
>>60358265
You play music anon?
>>
>>60361014
love it here, I think it's a great place honestly.
>>
Kannapolis

Nichijou OST feelin comfy
>>
>>60361555
nah. i saw minus the bear the night before.
>>
recently moved from chapel hill to wilmington

kinda sux don't move here guys
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.