[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So please forgive me now, >for what we never had, >Although
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 3332.jpg (7 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
3332.jpg
7 KB, 333x333
>So please forgive me now,
>for what we never had,
>Although its useless to say,
>I wish you happiness.
>I wish you happiness,
>I wish you happiness,
w-what the fuck man ;_;
please don't tell me this is about Jarboe leaving him
>>
>>60325450
Just wait until you get to I Crawled. Jarboe's shrieking is one of the most haunting things
>>
They still haven't surpassed the live recording of Blood Promise on that album, absolutely my favourite Swans song
>>
A bunch of the songs on that album deserved a studio version desu
>>
>>60325660
Pretty much everything on that album has one
>>
>>60325501
almost every song that has a studio version sounds better on this album imo
>>
>>60325450
"we love you mike"
>>
>>60325726
Except for Feel Happiness and a few others. The track My Birth from My Father Will Guide Me was originally a song performed during their last tour among the others songs on Swans Are Dead, still a chance Gira may revisit those non-studio tracks
>>
>>60325848
I'm not sure where Feel Happiness came from, but I know everything else ended up somewhere or was from something

Low Life Form: Michael Gira - Drainland
Not Alone: Angels Of Light - New Mother
Blood On Yr Hands: Skin - Blood, Women, Roses
I Crawled: Swans - Young God
Lavender: Jarboe - Sacrificial Cake (I Love You This Much from Soundtracks For The Blind was used as the intro)

Everything else's origin's a little obvious
>>
>Yfw Feel Happiness is a 40-minute epic on the new album
>>
>>60326346
I would cream my pants if they did that. They already broke the "no old songs" rule when they performed coward live, it's not 100% out of the question for some old material to make it onto the new album.
>>
>>60325501
Not a fair evaluation seeing as how that's literally the best rock song of all time.
>>
Is this album the greatest live rock lp of all time? I've listened to a few in my time and nothing can hold a candle to it. The stuff on here even blows the studio recordings of the same songs out of the water. One of the only albums that I think is genuinely perfect in every facet imaginable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.