[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you really achieve fame in music nowadays? fame meaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
How do you really achieve fame in music nowadays? fame meaning fans and money, just to clarify.
>>
File: 532.png (393 KB, 341x527) Image search: [Google]
532.png
393 KB, 341x527
L U M I N A T E
U
M
I
N
A
T
E
>>
Be incredibly good looking and make shallow pop music
>>
>>60324576
How shallow are we talking about?
>>
File: 20140707_amadeus_33.jpg (330 KB, 649x436) Image search: [Google]
20140707_amadeus_33.jpg
330 KB, 649x436
Como on guys i want to hear your opinions
>>
>>60324604
Art Angels level shallow.
>>
Be very attractive.
Or have a retarded gimmick that sets you apart from the rest to get attention (see Deadmau5's mouse head or Daft Punk's robot masks).

If possible, find a way to combine the two. Your fame will come overnight.
>>
>>60324850
But Grimes looks horrible, how did she attain fame?
>>
>>60325120
being quirky and feminist is trendy right now
>>
So hard work doesn't pay off anymore?
>>
File: trustmeimlying.jpg (56 KB, 588x350) Image search: [Google]
trustmeimlying.jpg
56 KB, 588x350
You have to learn how to market yourself, there are lots of talentless musicians that are famous because they know how to do that or have someone that knows how to do that.

Another thing is that we live in the internet age, you have to learn how to go viral, it sounds like some vague esoteric thing but actually its pretty easy.

Check out this book

http://www.amazon.com/Trust-Me-Lying-Confessions-Manipulator/dp/1591846285

The guy who wrote it explians how the blogs work, you have to get your shit on all the smaller blogs, then the bigger blogs will see this and not wanting to lose out will cover you too.

You have to be a faggot and spam your shit on every well known website.
Like why do you think that dumb bitch grimes gets spammed here?
No one actually likes her, but the viral marketers keep posting it over and over again.

You see, mtv is irrlavnt, in this new age you have to get your name and sound and face everywhere, and you can do this through meme's and social media.
Retards who fall for the marketing will post it over and over again and spread it for you.

And, yeah i just said the internet matters more, but old media is still kind of important too, getting on the radio is important, a lot of people still listen to the radio believe it or not
>>
>>60325225
Sorry m8, but your teachers in school lied to you. Hard work has never paid off.

Lying, cheating, backstabbing, kissing ass...these have always been the hallmarks for success in life. And always will be.
>>
>>60325339
So it is hard work. Between recording, making songs, playing live, marketing and research will take me a good amount of time.
>>
>>60325398
music is ultimately a product, yes there is art, but you are trying to make money and get famous so it is a product, and people have written books about marketing and advertising, how people are tricked into buying shit, people buy ciggerates even though it gives them cancer.
There are ways to market yourself even if you are complete shit, you just got learn how.
>>
aaay
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.