[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music to listen to whilst on the dota 2/video game grind? Personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1.png (988 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1.png
988 KB, 1366x768
Music to listen to whilst on the dota 2/video game grind?

Personally if I don't have any podcasts to listen to I throw on some Dreampop, it keeps me happy in the trench.
>>
>listening to music while playing dota

Are you literally retarded? Sound ques are half the game. Kill yourself.
>>
>>60321968
Not loudly, just quietly instead of ingame music
>>
>>60321968
>Sound ques
Are you literally retarded? Sound *cues*. Kill yourself.
>>
>>60321968
>playing dota
That should have gave it away
>>
>>60322011
That's not the point though. The point is the sounds are half the game. You shouldn't be focusing on the sound of the game. Turn the in-game music off, you have to be able to hear certain abilities at all times. Can't count the amount of times I have turned on people because I heard them using their spells wrong.
>>
>>60322069
>You shouldn't be focusing on the sound of the game

Herp derp.

You SHOULD be focusing on the sound.

>>60322041
>not playing the best ad-hoc teamwork and strategy games out there.

It's literally free, you're just a shit cunt who couldn't handle the curve.
>>
>>60322069
If you can't distinguish between the album you're listening to and in-game sounds you're retarded.

All spells sound super distinct, and listening to music won't dull your hearing
>>
>>60322102
>being able to fully focus on 2 completely different things at the same time.

Your brain doesn't work like that, bro.

If, let's say, you are listening to lyrical music, if you are listening for the lyrics you are going to miss the in-game sounds, that's how your brain works. I used to listen to music when I played doto, I realized how stupid that was, and how much I improved when I stopped.

Next you will be telling me you can listen to music and play CS;GO. Yeah, sure you can, but you're retarded if you do and your play is suffering, severely.
>>
>>60322087
>playing video games
hows middle school?
>>
>>60322069
>implying I give enough fucks about winning that I'm going to pass the opportunity to blast some 10/10 music
>>
>>60322087
Why are dota fans so autistic?
>>
File: Doto 2.png (862 KB, 1280x866) Image search: [Google]
Doto 2.png
862 KB, 1280x866
>>60322172
How's the retirement village, pops?

>>60322177
Go play some casual shit then, don't ruin the 4 others experience who DO WANT TO WIN, faggot.

You are the reason I don't play doto anymore.

Got 2 other smurfs with about half the time played. Played since before the beta invite waves, before shop, before inventory. Before Na'Vi won TI1.

Fuck all you casual shits.
>>
>>60322281
>>>/v/

seeing someone be elitist about video games is one of the most pathetic things ever
>>
>>60322194
Why do retards only post meme's when they can't refute anything?

:^)
>>
>>60322281
Post MMR
>>
>>60322313
>being an elitist.

There it is. Refute what I am saying though, it's fact. People take this game seriously, people get angry when others don't, there are casual games out there.

Taking something seriously doesn't at all mean you are an elitist, it just means you are taking it seriously and get annoyed when other don't.

Literally go play LoL if you want to 'rekt noobs'. I cannot stand when someone has hundreds of hours in a game and then they come out and say "why so serious", it's just a cop out when they know they are in the wrong.

fuckkk offff. You can't rustle me bro.
>>
I end up focusing more on the music than Dota, so I don't listen to it.

If I end up being able to focus on the game while playing something like techno in the background, it just becomes annoying racket.
>>
>>60322326
My Dota needs to be updated.

It's only ~3.3k I haven't played any games since ranked was released and I did my 10 games. Their system was fucked, maybe it's changed. I did party with a mid player, all 10 games for party ranked. I played hard support all games, we won 8 of 10, I got a 2k rating he got ~4k.

Game is broken. Supports don't get love, unless you are literally the best in the world at it.
>>
File: 1428899385002.gif (126 KB, 347x336) Image search: [Google]
1428899385002.gif
126 KB, 347x336
>>60322281
>tfw over 2000 hours in tf2
>>
>>60322378
i dont play video games lmao
just get the fuck back to >>>/v/ already
>>
>>60322441
How? I never got the appeal of that game, bought it once, but never really played it.

It seems the people who did get into it, got into it hard.
>>
>>60322449
So why bump this thread?

Do you really, REALLY think I saw your post, packed up my shit, closed the tab and went to /v/? Ha, did you submit your janitor application too?

>complaining about a juvenile activity
>COMPLAINING

Fucking retard.
>>
>>60322281
but what you don't get is that i've always played with music, thus my handicap is taken into account in my matchmaking rating. i'm not ruining jack shit for anyone
>>
>>60322497
im just giving you a convenient way to head on back over to >>>/v/
>>
>>60322526
>but what you don't get is that i've always played with music, thus my handicap is taken into account in my matchmaking rating. i'm not ruining jack shit for anyone

Except the people stuck at your level and trying to improve. I hope to god you don't play ranked. Music and competitive gaming is just a bad idea. Like you can play casual fine with music pumping, I still do that when I play. Got the the point where I just don't care and I can still do well/predict game-play without sound input. But when playing ranked, you have to be able to hear everything and communicate effectively, or people are going to rage and you will most likely lose.

Hell, just buying a mic and communicating your movements over mic instead of typing will increase your winrate.
>>
>>60322563
>sages after bumping thread 2-3 times
>still going

Lol, just don't. You're literally retarded, and we don't care about your opinion.
>>
File: 1442460720087.jpg (6 KB, 95x106) Image search: [Google]
1442460720087.jpg
6 KB, 95x106
>>60322466
Well, I was a poor fags when I got into it. The game being free and easy on the cpu helped. Also events and updates bring a little blood into it.

Anyways, I only played it for 2 years 4 years ago. Then I went cold turkey and just stopped, bored I guess. I don't play videogames anymore, want to, just don't have the time for it.

>tfw mgs5 is giving me blueballs but I can't buy a new pc for it because I'm saving up for something else
>>
>>60322598
>people are going to rage and you will most likely lose.
are you fucking retarded? the reason i am the mmr that i am is because my winrate is approximately 50% at that rating, with music.
>>
File: Smurf 1.png (183 KB, 1470x948) Image search: [Google]
Smurf 1.png
183 KB, 1470x948
>>60322697
are you retarded? If your winrate is under 50% You are pathetic. It's not until you can hold ~60% win-rate are you actually good.
>>
>>60322959
>>/v/
>>
File: main.png (329 KB, 1920x1548) Image search: [Google]
main.png
329 KB, 1920x1548
>>60322959

Pretty much all my games, when I play, are high or very high skill rating.
>>
>8 posters
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.