[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've realized that i feel tired of music lately. My habits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I've realized that i feel tired of music lately. My habits of listening to all the music I can on all daily basis, my "gosh i love music! I can't get enough! Ahh gotta check my last.fm for recommendations! Need more music!" attitudes have all seemingly died down lately.

Suddenly I find myself in a place where I listen to maybe in the range of about four songs a day and prefer falling asleep to audio dramas instead of music.

Is it maybe an age thing? My music enthusiasm goes back to when I was a teenager (Napster and the rise of other file sharing services plus torrents played the big role in my addiction) and its only recently at the age of 32 that my enthusiasm has died down.

Has anyone else dealt with (or is dealing with) this sort of thing? Any advice, thoughts, or experiences to share on the matter?
>>
listen to silence
>>
>>60317690
I'm pretty sure everyone goes through this at one point or another. Just take a break for a while and you'll come back when you're ready.
>>
I kindof have something similar; for most of my life I've depended on music to forget my problems and numb my depression, but lately the effect has been wearing off.
I think a lot about how terrible everything in the world is, and how all music and art do is help us forget those things, and that almost makes me hate music in a weird way, and I tell myself that all art is nothing but madness just like all our inane culture and nonsense people talk about all day, and I replace it with other shit like video games and youtube.
>>
Get into Movies
>>
>>60317690
It's called getting older. It doesn't come back, you'll just appreciate it for being background noise now.

>>60317902
Underage detected.
>>
have you tried gypsy jazz? put in some fucking django thatll make u shut the fuck up
>>
I get burnt out on music sometimes so I switch to podcasts for a while. It helps cleanse the pallet, so to speak.
>>
>>60317964
this
>>
>>60317709
this

check out pic related and try listening a few times. For me it was just a good way to isolate what it is to listen to music. If you can listen to this and enjoy it then maybe it shows you can still enjoy the act of listening for itself. If not then maybe you've gone pleb and need tasty delicious ear candy like sick babby needs medicine? Go put on some Coldplay
>>
>>60317964
feeney get off 4chan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.