[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JESUS FUCK THE ELECTRIC MILES THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: EmX6Mp.jpg (432 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
EmX6Mp.jpg
432 KB, 1500x1500
JESUS FUCK THE ELECTRIC MILES THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME
>>
File: Birth_of_the_Cool.jpg (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Birth_of_the_Cool.jpg
34 KB, 250x250
Cool miles is best Miles
>>
>>60312270
But that includes Electric Miles...
>>
>>60312283
agreed
>>
>>60312290
>>60312293
>>60312283
if you are interested this is a new official bootleg that came out this year
it also has cool and modal
>>
>>60312270
>FUCK THE ELECTRIC MILES
Bitches Brew (1970)
Miles Davis At Newport 1955-1975
>>
>>60312283
This. I love the arrangements he had behind his music in that period.
>>
>>60312357
>>60312283
>>60312290
>>60312293
>>60312302

my fucking bad

I was excited about eletric miles
you should read it as:
JESUS FUCK!!
THE ELECTRIC MILES!!
>>
File: InASilentWay.jpg (250 KB, 1406x1393) Image search: [Google]
InASilentWay.jpg
250 KB, 1406x1393
Best Miles coming through.

Bitches Brew is a close second though.
>>
>>60312419
>bitches brew is close second
holy mother of wrong
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSFSdcGPLM

daily reminder that miles did krautrock
>>
>>60312681
daily reminder that krautrock is often a shallow imitation of what people like Miles Davis and Joe Zawinul did 10 times more skilled in the late 60s
>>
>>60312871
>Faust
>imitation of anything
sure buddy
sure

I mean, you're right if we talk about the "hard-psych" krautrock like Association P.C., A.R. &machines, Sunbirds, Ash ra tempel, brainticket
that kind of stuff is basically the electrical fusion miles invented, mixed with heavy psych rock.

but Faust? Can? Neu!? Klaus Schulze? Kraftwerk? those bands have managed to make their own sound
>>
>>60312933
I mpolitely disagree with acts as can and neu!. The electric influences are indeed distinct from the fusion era, but try for instance some stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHE1BcPhTPA

or John Mclaughlin solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTQ50ClMZw

The repetition, the improvisation on top of that, it's all there, only way more proficient
>>
>>60313078
I actually know already john mclaughlin and Joe, if you like john solo you HAVE to check Extrapolation (if you dont already know it) also Emergency from tony williams

However since krautrock isnt actually a musical genre the discussion is nonsense

For example also the berlin trilogy from Bowie is kraturock, and that has nothing to do with jazz (that said imho only Low is krautrock)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.