[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He prefers the bowie mix over the iggy mix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: rawpower.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rawpower.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>He prefers the bowie mix over the iggy mix
>>
File: dueehghjd.png (841 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
dueehghjd.png
841 KB, 1152x864
>he prefers this over Fun House
>>
>>60303443
Order is objectively s/t > fun house = raw power

sorry friend
>>
>>60303541
hi scaruffi
>>
>>60303541
> s/t > Fun House
People like you should be euthanized.
>>
The Bowie mix is better, though. Iggy just made the album ridiculously loud.

And his fucking the album up in the first place is the reason Bowie had to try to fix it anyway. I mean, the story of mixing Raw Power is actually pretty funny because of how incompetent Iggy was while recording it. He had a 16 track recorder to use. He use three: one track for vocals, one for James Williamson's guitar, and everything else on one track that was recorded poorly. It's a wonder anything listenable came out of that.
>>
>>60304068
It was done in like a day, too.

That mix is the reason Search And Destroy remains fucking unlistenable to me. Everything else is so quiet and then when the lead guitar comes in it sounds like it's rushing like crazy because it drowns out everything else. All the other instruments sound like they decrescendo whenever Iggy starts singing, too. It's a nightmare. I have no idea how anyone likes that song.
>>
Bowie mix isn't so awful when compared to the 2 failed remasters.

I have the original cd. Had no idea it would be collectible.
>>
I dislike both mixes and I don't think Raw Power is anywhere near the same level as Fun House anyway. The ugly truth is the album just isn't that great in the first place and no production approach could fix it. Bowie did what he could; Iggy picked the laziest 'hardcore' method possible; neither worked.
>>
>>60304581
No, the ALBUM is incredible.
It's the RECORDING that's irredeemably shitty.
>>
All recordings are limited by the source, the ear, and the mind. Bowie's mix just requires a little more work from the latter two. Those other mixes are a mess.
>>
>>60304178
because its a great song. the recording is bad sure, but the song itself is great
>>
>>60304987
does the recording of an album not coincide with the quality of it as a whole? mixing/mastering/recording of an album are just as much of an art as writing the songs themselves.
>>
>>60303881
>wanting people to die over an opinion on music
>>
>>60305969

It can be. Any good mastering engineer is looking for the flat, true sound to transfer across mediums. Sometimes too much embellishment is a disaster. The playback medium is just as much of a factor. Have you ever heard Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" on a 2008 cell phone speaker? Kinda tinny.
>>
File: 1437461814455.jpg (91 KB, 460x468) Image search: [Google]
1437461814455.jpg
91 KB, 460x468
>>60306059
>>
>>60303443
THIS

>>60303421
but also this
>>
File: 1439560028666.jpg (132 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1439560028666.jpg
132 KB, 1500x1500
>>60303541
Fun House above all of them, don't you forget that sonny.
>>
The only good thing about iggy's mix the the audible golckenspiel on penetration
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.