[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make good music? Is good music today more about harmonies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: shiggy music.gif (3 MB, 553x547) Image search: [Google]
shiggy music.gif
3 MB, 553x547
How do I make good music?

Is good music today more about harmonies and composition or overall timbre and sound quality?

Should I go for heart warming melodies and interesting harmonies or simple minimalist over produced sound collages?

I just wanna sell out and get drunk with qts tbqhf
>>
>>60298522
Do you want to make good music or sell out?
>>
make whatever you feel like making
>>
>>60298522
>overall timbre and sound quality?

This all the way.

People want to hear a bass sound that will rule their world, not some stupid nerdy haromy shit.

Have you ever even listen to music today? Most of the "melodies" are just a simple jingle said (not really sung) over and over again.
>>
>>60298522
Make the music you want to hear, you won't make anything good any other way. You can't have someone else tell you what to do, just play what you want to. Make the music you like.
>>
>>60298522
>Is good music today more about harmonies and composition or overall timbre and sound quality?

Neither. Image is the most important thing if you want to sell out. Find a large demographic and spend your time pandering to the aesthetic of that demographic. If you are good looking, have a lot of luck, and good connections you might have a slim chance of "making it"
>>
>>60298708

But I'm not a girl
>>
Don't make rock music. People want electronic dance pop anthems.
Melody and harmony doesn't matter, it's more about repeated chants.
>>
>>60298719
Obviously. If you're a girl then the connections don't really matter that much because you can easily make connections anytime by sucking some dick
>>
>>60298522
you need dancy beats and a memorable hook

if you have a meme music video you're guaranteed couple million hits and a spot in some music festivals

hard part is probably just dedicating yourself to that mentality
>>
>>60298868
Considering irl looks are almost insignificant in todays digital era [take skrillex for example, he looks like gollum who just got into pop punk], and physical presence is almost irrelevant starting out, what are some ways to devote time and effort towards maintaining a mentality of completely selling out and crafting an image?
>>
Make the music that you truly feel is good, intelligent, cutting edge etc. without regard to what you think the audience wants to hear.

Whatever comes out of that will be unique in some way. Then, you just hope somebody likes it out there.
>>
just be all talk like Bradford Cox and make boring accessible indie rock while taking influence from patrician depths of different art fields
>>
>>60300167
I Bradford was a one-trick pony.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.