[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kendrick Lamar's powerful speech to fans: "Music Isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Kendrick.png (141 KB, 369x238) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick.png
141 KB, 369x238
COMPLEX BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNImk9TY1BQ
>>
File: R E A L H I P H O P.png (9 KB, 415x129) Image search: [Google]
R E A L H I P H O P.png
9 KB, 415x129
>>
>my music is so patrician that people who paid to be at a venue leave when it is performed

Kendkuck Lamemar is shit
>>
File: 1437317160535.jpg (44 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
1437317160535.jpg
44 KB, 550x404
>>60282000
>>
He delivered a speech on the making of 'To Pimp A Butterfly,' that was equal parts emotional and inspirational, calling the album "therapy."
K.Dot also explained how his life changed after 'good kid, m.A.A.d. city': "I'm a low-key nigga, I can't run around with 100 niggas like I used to. Fuck the radio singles. We did this."

Kendrick speaks from the heart and you can really feel it.
>>
Is kendrick lamar just a better marketed hopsin?
>>
>>60282011
Can't you just argue that the plebs left and patricians stayed?
>>
>>60282095
It's 'hip' now to diss the grotesquely commercialized, fad chasing, audience pandering, overexposed due to aggressive marketing state of the music industry (especially evident within the realm of hip-hop)

It's ironic for Kendrick to speak out about it since he himself is signed to a label, is a spokesman for shoes, indulges in a team of promoters and marketers who plaster his face and product anywhere they can find the space. Did I say "ironic"? I meant hypocritical. For someone who so ostensibly values his creative integrity he seemingly has no problem with embracing the very institutions responsible for what he rails against.
>>
>>60282594
>>60282095

Also, wasn't "i" a big radio single?... *shrugs slowly*
>>
>>60282594
>signed to a label
He kind of has to do that.
>spokesman for shoes
Which ones?
>promoters and marketers who plaster his face and product anywhere they can find space
Can I get a citation on this?
>>
>>60282445
you got it the wrong way
JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN
>>
>>60282656
>i gets radio attention
>holy shit you guys he's a hypocrite!!!!!!!
>>
>>60282768

HUH ?!
>>
>>60282000
>You really have to understand his rhyme schemes and patterns to understand him
No you fucking don't. You just listen to exact what he says. It's not that damn complicated.
>>
>>60282715
>He kind of has to do that.

He HAS to do that?

You mean, if he values commercial success over creative independence and prefers that his creative output to be treated like a product to be packaged and advertised by a team of professional marketers and promotional suits so as to reach as many people as possible in a profit-oriented format then yeah he kind of HAS to sign to label.

>spokesman for shoes
Reebok

>promoters and marketers who plaster his face and product anywhere they can find space
www.interscope.com
>>
>>60282990

DAE think Kendrick a genius? :>)
>>
>>60281954
Sounds like someone's got a bone to pick
>>
>>60282594

The blacker the berry......
>>
>>60283830

The sweeter the kool aid......
>>
>>60283767
Kek

Keep dreaming /pol/c u c k
>>
>>60282594
I feel like this is a shared opinion on here, and probably a primary reason why people shit post so much about his album when it isn't even that bad.

I agree though.
>>
>>60282790
well he is the biggest hypocrite of 2015
>>
File: 1438662192120.jpg (188 KB, 1931x659) Image search: [Google]
1438662192120.jpg
188 KB, 1931x659
>>60281954
WISE WORDS KENDRICK
>>
>>60282715
why would he have to sign to a label, especially a big one like interscope? Theres lots of rappers out right now who have only released free mixtape and still have huge followings.
>>
>>60282000
you just have to replace "lamar" with "hopsin"
>>
>>60282011
No. All the DUDE BANGERS LMAO fags left. Which is a good thing.
>>
>>60285713
Idk you might want that sweet $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.