[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to buy CDs?:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cd-roms-shutterstock_83904403.jpg (111 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
cd-roms-shutterstock_83904403.jpg
111 KB, 500x334
Is the best place to buy music CDs just straight from amazon? Are there any other alternatives that are cheaper/better? For those that sill buy CDs, where do you guys buy them?

And yeah
>2015, still buying CDs
>actually buying music

I get it.
>>
Find a good used CD store.
>>
I typically get my shit off Discogs if I can't get it off Amazon or at my local record store.
>>
Either thrift stores or my local music store that buy used CDs.
>>
no man actually piracy is becoming less and less prevalent so you'll have a pretty good chance at finding whatever you want considering people are actually starting to spend money on music again.. anyway yes like anons said get away from your god damn computer and go do some searching at thrift stores, MUSIC shops (yeah man, i know). Thrift stores are usually random good finds. Music stores will probably have what you want for under $20 on CD. FUCK YOU
>>
Discogs if youre looking for something specific. Thrift stores / record shops for random finds.

on an aside, I think it's odd to go out looking for a random find. If I'm buying, I know exactly what I want, and chances are the thrift store is not going to have it.
>>
>>60184639
Amazon and discogs seem to be your best bets. The latter usually has rarer records, at least if you're looking for music from the Anglosphere. E.g. I ordered a foreign CD today of which Amazon had five copies as opposed to none on discogs.
Other than that, you might want to try contacting the label/artist themselves if it's newer music, or try the carcass that is ebay.
>>
Discogs/Amazon reign supreme for used stuff. New stuff get through the respective label / band.
>>
If you know what you want discogs, but if you want cool recommendations and stuff with your cds go to a record store
>>
>>60184639
amoeba has free shipping on used and new cd's and they have a fuck ton of cd's
>>
>>60184657
>>60184877
>>60185667
These
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.