[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why's Mangum so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
With ITAOTS even though that I know that it's too simple, I still like it because it's so...enjoyable. With this even though that I know that it's too complex and is really complexity for complexity's sake, I still like it because it also has an enjoyable feeling. Does Mangum make everything he does enjoyable?
>>
>>59607303
It is really not particularly complex by any measure.
Idiosyncratic =/= complex
>>
>>59607303
>implying Jeff is the main man behind this

come on now
>>
>>59607303
I feel like Major Organ is way more complex than ITAOTS
>>
>>59607443
Was it the OTC guys? Cuz at the moment they are imo the most based E6 guys cuz they have two great albums plus the Black Swan stuff, too. I thought with this album Mangum might've topped them overall for me. But if its them again, OTC still at the top.
>>
>>59607556
OTC is undoubtedly the best thing to come out of E6, wait till they release their newest album :^)
>>
>>59607556
>they have two great albums plus the Black Swan stuff
Really? You mention the unimaginative dark ambient project but not Circulatory System? Get your shit together anon.
>>
>>59607605
>release their newest album
That's a very optimistic thing to say.
>>
>>59607609
Black Swan Network and the Tour EP is my latest E6 find along with Major Organ so that's why I thought of that first. But yeah overall CS is the best non-OTC stuff from OTC

>>59607605
;_;
>>
>>59607681
If you're only hearing BSN for the first time, it is actually pretty cool. I remember thinking the atmosphere it evoked was really cool and creepy but it doesn't stand up to repeated listens.
>>
>>59607681
>>59607637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joFeElgjOuY
fuck u i can still dream
>>
>>59607727
I think the same may happen with this Major Organ, too. But honestly right now I am really in love. Like idk what it is, I would give both BSN and Major Organ a 6/10 if I am feeling generous, but as I said in OP there's something very enjoyable about E6 albums in general. That's why I also feel peeps can dig Apples in Stereo even though they honestly aren't that good.
>>
black foliage is overrated asf

NMH > Major Organ > everything else
>>
>>59607556
It's equally Mangum, Robert Schneider, Julian Koster, Bill Doss, Kevin Barnes, and Will Cullen Hart.
>>
>>59607786
Fuck me. This will be incredible when Will gets around to finishing it.
>>
>>59607303
Julian Koster is by far the best member of the E6. everything he touches is gold.
>>
>>59608345
but why
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.