[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musicals General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Folder.jpg (372 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
372 KB, 1500x1500
I'm feeling helpful today, Anyone that needs an album of a musical post it in the thread and i'll upload it
>>
Published on Oct 8, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qagc3HaEF4
>>
Do you have the Eastland album? I think this is what I'm looking for.

https://fs3.formsite.com/lookingglass/form50/secure_index.html
>>
>>59594372
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6iimHE85EZZb2RoZ2V5eGhCZlk&usp=sharing
>>
>>59594435
Sorry I don't but I'll look for it an upload it if I find it
>>
>>59594470
Thanks!
>>
File: front.jpg (159 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
159 KB, 920x920
I don't know if this is a general musical thread or just for sharing but I listened to the Hamilton cast recording the other day and it was great.

First heard Miranda's song about Hamilton in 2009 when I was still in high school and have been looking forward to whatever he was going to do with it but I didn't realize it was going to turn into a Broadway musical.
>>
>>59594475
No problem is there anything else you want
>>
I've been wanting to explore musicals a bit further, all I've heard so far is Wicked. What would you recommend I check out? I'd especially appreciate female vocal melodies, piano and jazz/swing influence if possible.
>>
>>59594502
Not that I can think of. Will post again if I think of everything.
>>
>>59594519
Wonderland
Ragtime
Parade

that should be a good place to start and if you enjoy any of them I would recommend that you look into other musicals that the composer wrote
>>
>>59594495
Hamilton is amazing I've enjoyed almost every track and the only issue that I really have is the color blind casting
>>
>>59594578
Makes it pretty interesting in some cases though. I especially liked Jefferson, who I'm pretty sure is played by a black guy, and his deadpan voice is hilarious. I don't think I could tell the races of anyone else from their voices. Besides Miranda who was playing Hamilton who I already know.
>>
>>59594519
Almost forgot Chicago is probably exactly what your looking for
>>
>>59594566
>>59594619
thanks a lot for the recs anon, much appreciated!
>>
>>59594613
Heh, just looked up the guy who played Jefferson and apparently he's a member of Clipping.
>>
>>59594613
Not saying their bad performers just that it sucks me out of it to an extent and if that's the worst thing I can think up its a really good show
>>
Well I'm going to sleep so if anyone requests anything i'll upload it when i get up
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.