[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best bassist of the 2000's? I vote for this guy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: brian-gibson-lightning-bolt[1].jpg (59 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
brian-gibson-lightning-bolt[1].jpg
59 KB, 600x400
Who is the best bassist of the 2000's? I vote for this guy. He basically invented a totally unique style of both playing the bass and using his equipment. It's a shame he gets so overshadowed by Chippendale.
>>
File: Christian McBride.jpg (4 MB, 3371x2847) Image search: [Google]
Christian McBride.jpg
4 MB, 3371x2847
>>59586375
>>
File: 1420493430705.jpg (80 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1420493430705.jpg
80 KB, 710x720
tbh
>>
bampu
>>
tbh, i don't think gibson is anywhere near the 'best' bassist of the oughties. what he's basically doing is playing repetitive riffs through a shitton of distortion. his riffs are sort of unique, i guess, but he's not that impressive technically and i don't think he's really *that* innovative.

lightning bolt are easily one of the best rock bands of that decade, though.
>>
>>59587907
Dude just look at the way he plays and uses his equipment. He is able to fill the sonic space playing simple, repetitive riffs as the only instrument other than drums. Also his use of volume/distortion dynamics is the best out there.
Go look at one of their live videos, the way he uses his pedals is unlike anyone else does. Not to mention he can get a godlike tone with a bunch of shitty boss pedals with literally all the knobs dimed out.
Also his technical skill is dead on, just listen to any of the hypermagic mountain shred tracks.

(this is an example of all of the above)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NZGbD236fw
>>
I'm pissed because, seeing this thread, I realize that nobody ever will care about who the best bassist of the 2000s, and anybody that even would will only care about pleb shit.
>>
Is Victor Wooten 2000s?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 217x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 217x368
Not gonna lie the bass lines on TOTBL are incredible
>>
>>59586375
Brian Gibson is the reason im learning bass guitar rn. Also planning on getting a 5 string and adding a banjo string for the high riffs sense im playing it as a lead.

btw what's a good bass guitar i could get used for under $1000? And where is a good place to browse for them?
>>
File: thundercat.jpg (351 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
thundercat.jpg
351 KB, 640x425
>>59589136
since*

also Thundercat is a great bass player.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.