[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concert General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8
File: Concert General.jpg (153 KB, 695x463) Image search: [Google]
Concert General.jpg
153 KB, 695x463
Do we still know what to do, /mu/?

>Recent concerts + reviews
>Upcoming concerts + recs
>General concert discussion

Convince me to spend $40 in travel + concert fees to go see Toro y Moi tonight.
>>
Saw Blur last friday in NYC. It was amazing.
>>
>>55668179

Saw GY!BE 2 weeks ago, was gud.

There is nothing interesting in my area for the next 4 month.
>>
Seeing Dan Deacon in a week. Anybody know how his shows are?
>>
>>55668179
Anyone seeing FIDLAR at the Grog in Cleveland tonight?
>>
Seeing Earl Sweatshirt next week. So I got that going for me.
>>
Maybe seeing Melt-Banana in a few weeks, hopefully they aren't washed up yet
>>
>>55668179
>>55668179
>>55668179
>>55668179
>>55668179

Seeing Death Grips in late June

Never really been to a concert and I'm going with my non-Death Grips fan gf - what should I expect?
>>
>>55668300
...Was this in Lyon?
>>
>>55669125
Probably the worst crowd ever
>>
>>55669125
Seeing Death Grips in June in Vancouver ! Im sure it will be awesome as long as they show up.

Also Timber Timbre on the 21st of this fair month of May. ive seen videoes of them play and theyre spot on.

Saw Riff Raff recently... pretty terrible. He was entertaining, but only played for 30 minutes and came on 3 hours late.
lil B twice in the last year. Gave me his jacket and hes cool as hell. great, positive, funny show. and he has better live flow than most 'real' rappers ive ever seen
>>
>>55669090
Is it 18 / 19 / 21+? I enjoy his music but don't go to the shows because I expect that there would be a lot of obnoxious teens.
>>
haven't seen too much lately, i went to one of those sleep concerts that robert rich has last month but nothing really after that.

tomorrow i'm seeing dälek, then later this month i'll see phill niblock, keiji haino (maybe), jon hassell, and arthur brown.
>>
Just had 2 Replacements concerts postponed on me, pretty bummed about that.
I have a pretty packed concert schedule this summer, plus I may end up seeing Ride this fall.

5/15 - Melt-Banana
5/16 - Tame Impala
5/28-31 - Nelsonville Music Festival
6/4 - My Morning Jacket
6/6 - Father John Misty
6/10 - Shabazz Palaces
6/13 - Benjamin Booker
6/19 - Jacco Gardner
6/20 - Ava Luna
6/23-24 - My Morning Jacket
7/7 - Steve Gunn / Jennifer Castle
7/13 - Mr Twin Sister
7/17 - Lower Dens
7/22 - Metz / Viet Cong
7/29 - BadBadNotGood
8/1 - Ducktails
8/10 - Dinosaur Jr.
10/5 - Kraftwerk
>>
File: 10426589.87.jpg (46 KB, 565x376) Image search: [Google]
10426589.87.jpg
46 KB, 565x376
saw Lightning Bolt two nights in a row @ LA and Santa Ana

really fucking amazing as always

pic related
>>
6/6 - Hop Along (maybe)
6/7 - Alvvays (free show)
6/11-14 - Bonnaroo
6/26 - Ceremony/Pity Sex/Tony Molina
>>
>>55668369
Fun as fuck, expect nonstop dancing and crowd dancing
>>
File: IMG_2897.jpg (325 KB, 792x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2897.jpg
325 KB, 792x1224
>>55668179
>$40 in travel + concert fees to go see Toro y Moi tonight
Don't.

Seen:
Dan Deacon
Andrew Jackson Jihad and Jeff Rosenstock
Thee Oh Sees yesterday
Going to see:
Ghoul
I wanted to go to FYF this year but it's too damn expensive and has shit headliners.
>>
>>55668369
Fucking insane, you'll love it
>>
>>55671614
>Andrew Jackson Jihad and Jeff Rosenstock

Where'd you see them? I saw them in Baltimore
>>
>>55668300
saw GY! about a week ago in Strasbourg.
greatly enjoyed this, even if I don't like their last LP.
>>
Primus and the Chocolate Factory tomorrow. Should be a blast. Saw this show last November and it's one of the coolest live shows I've ever seen.
>>
>>55671767
Saw them in Los Angeles. Fucking awesome show, Andrew Jackson Jihad played that Slayer song as an encore.
>>
>>55671935
they did that at the show I went to too.
>>
File: 5head.png (243 KB, 327x380) Image search: [Google]
5head.png
243 KB, 327x380
>>55671614
>$109 for a two day festival with a great lineup
>Expensive
cuck on friend
>>
>>55672522
It's actually $109 for one day. $175 for two, last year was $130, year before that was $99 and it had the best lineup.
>>
>>55671614
Yeah, I pretty much answered my own question looking back. Plus driving to Detroit can be fucking boring and I don't feel like making the trek.
>>55671803
Still sore I missed it. Have yet to see any Primus show of any kind. Hopefully next time. Doesn't help that even when they're within 100 mi. of me, shows are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>55671750
>>55671538

Fuck yeah, now I'm hyped
>>
>>55672573
Well, I stand corrected, still not a bad price though
>>
At the NMH concert in Miami. Hyped as fuck, opening band is kinda weird.
>>
>>55672578
They're pricey, but always a spectacle. I'd recommend seeing them next time they come to your town, definitely worth the cash.
>>
just saw agent orange, shlohmo, and liturgy last week. coming up:

5/10 - ministry
5/15 - russian circlesss (cult of luna was supposed to play too but they fucked up)
5/20 - gbh
5/22 - ceremony / negative approach
6/7 - allagoch
6/11 - neutral milk hotel
6/16 - goatwhore

still debating on a few other shows, but i have time to figure it out. anyone heading my way?
>>
What I have planned so far for the year
>Hot Chip DJ set
>Swans/Slaves/Thurston Moore Band/Belle and Sebastian/Flaming Lips
>De la Soul/Pete Rock
>Foo Fighters
>Dead Kennedys
>Tame Impala
>Modest Mouse
>Kendrick Lamar/Fidlar/Run the Jewels/American Football/Tyler the Creator/Slaves/Jamie XX/Refused/Gojira/Mastodon/Ho99o9/Ghost/Alvvays/Flatbush Zombies/Ratking
>Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
>Sugarhill Gang
>Trailer Park Boys Live
>Young Fathers

Missed Wire last week and can't afford the Pop Group for next week too, shame really.
>>
>>55670929
Ya I was there at the Observatory!
>>
>>55672744
how's the crowd? i heard there was moshing at a show recently. i like moshing, but idk if i'd mosh to nmh.
>>
>>55670929
I'm >>55670929
I'm right next to the bearded guy but I'm cut off in this haha
>>
>>55668369
Saw him last year, probably the most fun I've ever had at a gig. Ended up getting the full crowd participating in a giant conga line throughout the whole venue
>>
>>55672834
I don't think it's possible to mosh here lol. Crowd is pretty chill, lots of young adults, haven't seen any older people.
>>
>>55670929
i was at the santa ana show!
shit was god damn fire.
best show i've gone to in a while
>>
>>55670929
Post more pics!
>>
>>55672809
i wonder how ceremony will play live now that hey have completely abandoned their previous sound
>>
my friend's trying to convince me to go to Fidlar and Metz with him in St. Louis, i think they're ok enough, anyone know how they are live?

also bonnaroo and trying to get tix for death grips in chicago
>>
Seeing Enter Shikari week after next, very keen
>>
Seen nothing live so far this year. Might see Little Dragon and Suuns over the next month and a bit but kinda undecided on those.

Sled Island festival at the end of June is going to be awesome though. Don't know the entire schedule but really hoping to see Godspeed, Ben Frost, Lightning Bolt, Mdou Moctar, Oxbow, Iceage, Matana Roberts, and maybe son lux.
>>
>>55668369
I don't even like his stuff that much but he's fun as fuck live, he sets up all kinds of weird party games with the audience
>>
Seen
>Lightning Bolt
>Brand New
>Andrew Jackson Jihad with Jeff Rosenstock and some shitty Aussie band
>Neutral Milk Hotel with Circulatory System
Seeing
>Death Grips
>Father John Misty
>Melt-Banana?

Highlights were definitely Neutral Milk Hotel with Circulatory System and Lightning Bolt, awesome shows and got to meet members of all three bands after the shows
>>
File: cool.png (2 MB, 2048x1042) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
2 MB, 2048x1042
Skate and Surf festival next weekend. Mostly going to see Thrice.
Then Rush end of June
and Incubus/deaftones/Death From Above 1979 in August
>>
>>55673257
>Deaftones
>>
I saw Modest Mouse a month ago, I didn't know much of their stuff and expected it to be alright, but it was actually fantastic.

I saw The Tragically Hip that same weekend and that also surprised me. Quality Canadacore.
>>
>>55672744
I'm in balcony center left. Opening band (Mind Brains?) were garbage.
>>
>>55673501
I'm balcony center right. They were pretty bad lol.
>>
>>55672958
>>55672937
>>55672862
>>55672831

pic was taken from here http://www.ocweekly.com/slideshow/lightning-bolt-the-constellation-room-42134809/

and yea the concert was amazing. I'm the person chippendale gave his stick to mid-set
>>
>>55673987
I was the guy with long hair next to you haha, ya he gave me a high five!
>>
I'm seeing Death Cab For Cutie with the Antlers in Portland this Saturday so that should be fun. So far the concerts i have lined up are:
>DCFC w/ Antlers on 5/9
>Boston Calling on 5/22 to 5/24
>Fireworks w/ Sorority Noise on 5/30
>Flume on 6/23
>Modest Mouse on 7/23
>DCFC again w/ Explosions In The Sky on 9/11
>Boston Calling again on 9/25 to 9/27(bought presale pass and only confirmed artists are Alt J and Hozier so far)
>>
NMH is a must see! holy shit that was amazing!
>>
Convince me to spend $30 in travel / fees to see Xiu Xiu next week (San Diego). How are their live shows?
>>
>>55675334
Xiu Xiuare awful live, spare yourself the disappointment and just listen to the albums
>>
>>55675323
tell me everything! i'm seeing them soon, can't wait.
>>
>>55675663
Jeff is just incredible, the sound is amazing. They have so much energy, and you can hear every instrument. Easily the best concert I've seen.
>>
Seeing Sufjan and Death Grips in Seattle in June.

I made the mistakes of buying three sufjan tickets. One for a friend of mine who is a girl, and I thought I could find a qt girl to bring with me but I realized it would just be awkward. So, I'm thinking about just bringing another girl I know. I don't know. It might be weird. I'm buying two next time.
>>
>>55669376
I really want to go to pemberton festival but I live all the way in Alabama aka a 40 hour drive :/
>>
>>55674736
Spring Boston Calling lineup is shite. Spring last year was really good, I'm hoping they get some decent artists for fall.
>>
>>55676614
>Alt J
>Hozier
Sorry man but the fall lineup is already far worse than the spring one
>>
In February I saw Behemoth live, Best show of the year so far. Last weekend I saw Dance Gavin Dance and Polyphia at a shit venue and with 8 other shitty bands, DGD also sucked so I left a few songs in.

My next concert is Between the Buried and Me with Animals as Leaders in August.

I might go see pic related as well.
>>
>>55676681
those two are gonna be some cringey performances, I'm hoping they pull something out of their ass (hoping in vain for Sunn since they're supposedly doing some US festivals in the fall )
>>
>>55668179

retard Fontana, wearing glasses in a moshpit
>>
>>55673257

>>55676773 here. I went to Skate and Surf last year, and besides seeing the 3 bands I wanted to see, it wasn't really a great time. This year's line-up looks even worse.
>>
>>55676886
Saturday is bad, Sunday doesnt look all that bad though
>Kevin Devine
>PBTT
>Gates
>Cloud Nothings
>TFB
>Manchester Orchestra
>>
>>55677072

I'd like to see Cloud Nothings, but it's asking to much of me.
>>
File: 1407359107067.jpg (21 KB, 213x194) Image search: [Google]
1407359107067.jpg
21 KB, 213x194
Just got back from the NMH concert, it was pretty fucking great. At first I thought the crowd wasn't having much fun until we kept cheering for like 10 minutes until they came back and played a 30+ minute encore.
>>
>>55669090
I got really stoned and saw him in grand rapids and shit was so cash. Unfortunately it was when IDLS;IDGO just came out so not much of the crowd knew enough of the lyrics.
>>
>>55677328
It was so fucking good, man. But holy shit that end... Dedicating "Engine" to his grandmothers...
>>
>>55671614
I want to go, but the price is bugging me. It's not too expensive for me, but it's such a huge bump up from last year that I don't feel like I can justify it. That and it's a 6 hour drive away and I might end up going alone.

But that is a damn good line-up.
>>
>>55677420
Oh, and as for concerts I'm going to/coming up: Neutral Milk Hotel on 6/11

That's it. Nothin' decent comes through Sacramento and I can't ever justify driving down to San Francisco for anything.
>>
>>55677412
I know you mean man....when he said something like "this song is dedicated to my grandmother and to anyone in your life you care about" i got major feels

But of fucking course his grandma lives in florida lol
>>
>>55677458
Right lol? Every old person lives in Florida. But damn man... That was just a great concert, the only downsides were the opening, and that guy who kept shouting "Now I can fucking die happy! I fucking love you!"
>>
>>55677568
I wasn't able to hear that guy but im guilty of getting excited and yelling "We love you Jeff!" which is something ive never done before in a concert lol
Also Julian has some great saw playing skills
I always wondered what made that sound in all those NMH tracks
>>
>>55677615
Oh shit dude, you were in the same section as me. And when I saw him pick up the saw I was just thinking "There's no way..." And he started playing it, and just wow. I'm in the same boat as you, never knew that was how they made all the sounds.
>>
>>55669125
>what should I expect?

MC-Ride yelling loudly while a pre-recorded version of guillotine plays

Thats if they show up
>>
Was gonna see Earl Sweatshirt last week but he cancelled and rescheduled to august. Not sure anymore.
Also really wanting to see Toro y Moi in ATL next Thursday. Waiting to see what happens to the resale value of those sold out Death Grips tickets, and I might go to Raurfest just because I listened to Indigo Child yesterday and I was like you know what this is alright
>>
>>55677647
Were you in the back left side of the orchestra? Everyone in that group was great. Everyone there seemed to be having a really good time
>>
Recent Shows
>4/24 Sufjan Stevens
>4/29 The Replacements

Upcoming
>7/6 Fucked Up
>Pitchfork Music Fest
>7/24 Titus Andronicus

Titus Andronicus has me the most pumped. I have a few Band+Venue combinations that I've been wanting to see and Titus Andronicus @ Shea Stadium is one of those combos.
>>
I've got Dan Deacon on the 23rd with two friends. Super excited.
>>
Orchestra? No. I was on the right side of the stairs in the balcony section. My side was sadly kind of dead with the staff flashing lights in our faces lol.

Don't want to sound like a faggot, but do you have a steam or something?
>>
>>55677762
>>55677834
Forgot to reply
>>
>>55677834
It was what they called the ground seats. Yeah there were tons of staff members with flashlights too lol and a lot of people getting up and leaving and coming back a ton too in the beginning which got annoying also my steam is http://steamcommunity.com//id/professorsmileyz/
>>
>>55677886
Added. I got up to stretch and they kept saying "Nope. Can't stand, go back to your seat or leave."
>>
Seen:
Circa Survive, Balance and Composure, CHON

Seeing:
Nothing. NMH sold out before I got tickets, Brand New/Manchester Orchestra sold out before I got tickets, and nothing else is coming here any time soon.
>>
>>55671148
daaamn them some good bands
really want to catch Pity Sex
>>
seeing:
earl sweat
action bronson

im hyped, these should be fun shows
>>
Seen: NMH, Flying Lotus
NMH was eh, Flying Lotus was visually fantastic
Seeing: Streetlight Manifesto, mite b fun
Also considering FYF Fest for Death Grips among others.
>>
>>55670929
nice nice noice
>>
Seen:
Pixies
Neutral Milk Hotel
Wilco
Jeff Tweedy solo acoustic
Yo La Tengo
Joey Bada$$
Tegan and Sara
Barenaked Ladies
Foxygen
Reggie Watts
Flaming Lips

Seeing:
Father John Misty
>>
Saw Neutral Milk Hotel in April. Julian was so hyped up he was spinning in circles for the entire performance. I got to hear them play Gardenhead which is my favorite song from them but I'm sad they didn't do anything like Oh Sister.

Planning on seeing of Montreal in early June. However I haven't reserved or bought tickets so I'm banking on getting them at the door on the day of the show. Going to show up like 2-3 hours early because I really want to see them.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.