[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually like Kpop or is it just for the asian chicks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9
File: dontlikething.png (298 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
dontlikething.png
298 KB, 500x628
Do people actually like Kpop or is it just for the asian chicks? That shit is unbearable
>>
>>54919604
have you ever looked at a kpop thread? they don't talk about the music. not at all
>>
>>54919651
I have not had the pleasure of ever clicking on a kpop thread, unfortunately
>>
I DO actually like K-pop. It depends on the song. Would I actually post/discuss it in any of the K-pop generals? Hell to the fucking no! They don't talk about music there. They would rather talk about their dicks and various bodily fluids going on to said Kpop idols. I'm not here for that.
>>
>>54919604
It's ironic, you would not understand.

But seriously, those girls are not that hot or qt
>>
>>54919757
When you're as completely obsessed with asian culture as many weeaboos are, you start to unironically appreciate the music and start to become attracted to the women. I mean it IS "pop" music which means it's "popular" in their country which means a LOT of people in that culture like that music.

It makes me wonder if people on 2chan are saying "Does anyone unironically listen to american music? that shit is unbearable"
>>
>>54919604
it's a massive cuck fest.
they admire girls that would literally consider them an inferior race
>>
next time you have some comment to make about kpop, please make it in the kpop general instead of creating a new thread
thank you
>>
>>54920079
This isn't even about the actual genre and I don't want to wade into the knee-high basement weeaboo semen in those threads
>>
I've only ever heard one or two kpop songs that I legitimately enjoy. Most of it is really bland, and it doesn't help that I can't tell the girls apart.
>>
>>54920125
i don't care keep kpop discussion in the kpop general that's literally the point
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LP4foN3Xs4

this song hits hard
>>
File: 1428093293783.jpg (55 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
1428093293783.jpg
55 KB, 500x325
>>54919604
>mum look i troll so hard
>>
>>54920387
ari....
>>
>>54919604
Both
>>
File: PritZ YunA.jpg (870 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
PritZ YunA.jpg
870 KB, 1280x1920
>>54920387
>>54920408
wehres kpop?
>>
Why is the new Crayon Pop song so shit?
>>
File: c2zeaRX.jpg (653 KB, 1500x1222) Image search: [Google]
c2zeaRX.jpg
653 KB, 1500x1222
mfw he thinks kpop is actually good and doesn't just like looking at korean girls
>>
>>54920324
i'm fucking glad you keep this shit out of /kpg/
>>
File: AJ_Ema_Skye_Smug_2.gif (212 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Ema_Skye_Smug_2.gif
212 KB, 256x192
>>54919921
I see you're talking from experience?
>>
>>54920263
>implying they talk about Kpop in Kpop generals

Lmao
>>
>>54920740
you get banned if you're off-topic
>>
>>54920773
you sometimes get banned for posting song lyrics in kpg
hotpocketmunchers, when will they learn
>>
>>54920773
well yeah but most of the time mods are lenient enough that "on-topics" may also include cumming on idols, what you're eating right now, video games, erping, politics, sports and all sorts of other crap
>>
I like some of the k-indie rock/pop stuff. As for the full-on electronic pop stuff? Absolutely not.
>>
>>54920847
goes the same for /mu/ too so don't act like
>>
great thread guys
>>
>>54920866
not saying it's a bad thing, I like kpg and it's pretty much the only place I regularly visit on 4chan
>>
I won't ever understand the obsession with Korean girls, or even Asian girls in general for that matter

Then again I'm Korean.

K-Pop feels like it's been stagnant for years, mostly because it's tried nothing really groundbreaking and creative, preferring to stick with what sells, which is a young plasticface with a good image and looks who has decent enough of a singing voice to be saved by auto-tune. It's kind of telling when creative stuff like acapella or reggae don't do half as well as the more flashy, cheap things.

Also plasticface. Will never understand why.
>>
>>54920847
it's like a kpop themed bar, like /sp/ but with idol groups instead of sports teams
>>
>>54920773
Then 99% of the people in Kpop generals should be banned.
>>
>>54920855
in other words you like the part of k-pop that's actually trying
>>
>>54920974
>Then again I'm Korean.
yeah that's why. it's just you hating your own culture, see that kind a lot in 4chan
>>
>>54921034
or maybe he just doesn't like shit music?
>>
>>54920974
Every time someone in Kpop tries to do something different though, they get accused by stupid netizens of 'plagiarising'.
>>
>>54921059
it's fucking pop music, you have to actually get into it to appreciate the production

that anon has such a shallow insight and is evident that he doesn't even care about kpop and simply hates it
>>
>>54921034
>>54921034
Those recluse kinda people that reject their own culture and go online, seeking for things that better suit them?
Yeah, that's me all right.

>>54921073
Thus the problem. Different doesn't sell, so nobody tries different.

Same thing with lots of things really, video games, a good chunk of "mainstream" hip-hop, music in general, et cetera.
>>
>>54921110
why appreciate the production if the end result sucks? kpop isn't like a baby that doodled a stickman and wants you to tell them how amazing it is
>>
>>54921022
Yeah more or less. There's a pretty decent indie scene over there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnempMS66GQ&spfreload=10
>>
>>54921175
what I meant is that most of it is nugu and shit but there are plenty of good songs if you search for it
>>
>>54921231
thus >>54921199

geez why didn't you say so earlier
>>
>>54921231
But that's a given with everything
>>
>>54919604
kpop shitters are THE most autistic people on 4chan, no exaggeration

just look at the starcraft general on /vg/

that and kpop general are full of the most dedicated autist shitposters the board has ever seen
>>
>>54921276
yeah so why hate on kpop like that? /mu/ hates kpop but likes plenty of jpop stuff
>>
>>54921284
or theyre just bored, same thing

we all turn into spergs when theres nothing to do
>>
>>54921314
>when theres nothing to do
BUT THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN THIS WORLD AND ALL THEY CHOOSE TO DO IS POST ABOUT PLASTIC GOOK WHORES 24/7
>>
>>54921289
I dunno, my best guess is that they're just sick of how most K-pop threads aren't actually even about music but about the pretty asian chicks
>>
>>54921284
confirmed for never been on /mlp/ or /s4s/
/x/ is also a contender for pure unfiltered autism sometimes
>>
>>54921334
If all they choose to do is >POST ABOUT PLASTIC GOOK WHORES 24/7, I'm not sure if they'd be able to do what much there is to do in this world.
>>
>>54921334
and you're complaining about them posting about gook where's 24/7

whos the better one?
>>
>>54921375
shh we dont speak of that board

>>54921396
dont forget the plastic
>>
>>54921396
>whos the better one?
me, by far
>>
>>54921396
24/7 i hardly see people complaining about k-pop threads

>BUT THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN THIS WORLD AND ALL THEY CHOOSE TO DO IS POST ABOUT PLASTIC GOOK WHORES 24/7

this
>>
>>54921117
Just using a different concept or than cute or sexy, sets off Netizens. Example Crayon pop. I saw them and though they were funny, cute, and somebody mentioned they look kinda like monoclover. I saw the resemblance, but thought nothing of it. But, of course Netizen then started accusing Crayon Pop of Plagiarising them. Not inspired, not coping, but straight up plagiarising them. Unless they're taking actually songs, they is absolutely no need to utter that verb. You can't copyright concepts, if that's the case all the sexy, cute and tough groups need to sue each other. I'm really glad they stuck with their quirky concept and went 'whole hog' into Power rangers territory. Another example is when GG did the 60's mod flight attendant 'concept', they also got 'plagiarism' pointed their way, because of mod photographs they were the inspiration for. Like what? I'm surprised every creative person in Korean isn't afraid of being inspired by things, lest they catch the ira of netizens.

( is the verb for 'to copy' and 'to plagiarise' the same in Korean?)

I just wish the K-Entertainment industry didnt place soooo much emphasis on the opinions of netizens. They have so much power and its scary, I mean look at the Tablo situation.
>>
>>54921289
I think it's less to do with Kpop itself, and more to do with its fanbase.
>>
>>54921695
Didnt mean for that to be a wall.
>>
>>54919604
I like kpop. Mostly SNSD but other groups too. Gee is still the song I listen frequently, same with Genie and their other stuff because they are good. Not to mention SNSD First Japanese album and Love and Peace album.
Most of them aren't even that pretty but kpop is shallow. It relies heavily on the members, dances and the visuals but even without all that I can still listen to it and enjoy it alongside other music every day of my life
>>
The cucks that actually post in the Kpop thread are pathetic. They're all a bunch of weeaboo Asian fetishist who couldn't attract a woman of their own race and for some reason they think a Korean woman might be attracted to them, which wouldn't happen so they'll just be stuck with their wiafu pillows for the rest of their lives. Go in the thread and call them Asian fetishist or weebs. They get so fucking butthurt that it's ridicidulous. Kpop threads should not be allowed on /mu/
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 640x1136
Average Kpop thread poster
>>
>>54921896
Gee is the only kpop song I have in my library and I fucking love it.
>>
Red Velvet does some new stuff. Their songs are not so energetic but rather slow and cold, smooth even so their voices can come into light. I like it
>>
>>54922074
It's such a feel good song. Whenever I listen to it, it lifts my mood up and the things in daily life aren't so dull anymore. Even the piano version is good
>>
>>54921963
lmao sounds like you're the butthurt one tho
>>
>>54921695
The irony being that because of that they decide to be inspired by things that have been done to death to avoid said ire.

(There isn't really a commonly used word for "plagiarize" as far as I know. Most people use 복사 or 따라 - copy and follow, respectively - though I suppose 모방 - one of the words for imitate - is also used a little bit. I haven't seen 표절, the official translation for plagiarize, being used too often, but I stay away from the netizens, so that might explain that.)

Definitely. I detest the mindset that "popular is good", which is yet another thing that drives me away from K-pop. Literally everything they do is to stroke netizen opeenions.
>>
File: 8hQPgeb.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3333) Image search: [Google]
8hQPgeb.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3333
>>
>>54921284
>that and kpop general are full of the most dedicated autist shitposters the board has ever seen
Have you been to the SNSD General over at /hr/? Now THAT is dedication and a wall of shitposts that are autistic as fuck but from time to time they have good discussions and the voice of reason takes over but not for long
>>
>>54922024
wow they might really want to charge their phone !
>>
>>54922238
Wow, their skin is as silky smooth as Luigi's mustache
>>
Isn't kpop just mostly a huge escapism from reality? The thing I do not like in kpop are the fan wars, it's fucking cancer
>>
>>54922074
that one just sounded like they were trying to get some onomatopoeia going on to me.
of course that'd be stupid but so was the song
>>
>>54919651
kpop threads remind me of /vg/ or moba threads on /v/
Or the elder scrolls.

>K pop is Moba games
>T swift, Nicki Minaj, and Kanye are all TES derivatives or something like that

>>54919854
>pop is the only genre of music that people listen to
Theres actually plenty each country has to offer in terms of music but all pop is mediocre.
>>
>>54922531
the thing is that unlike japanese media kpop doesnt really try to cater to said weeaboos. for the most part they dont really even acknowledge their existence
>>
>>54922345
That's why they all war with eachother, it's like someone is taking away their delusions.
>>
File: be1.png (373 KB, 402x482) Image search: [Google]
be1.png
373 KB, 402x482
>>54922610
pic related
>>
>>54919854
>implying there isn't any good pop besides all the taylor swifts, eminems and kanyes
top pleb
>>
>>54922598
They don't even try to explain why members leave the group. It's been months and we still don't know what happened between Jessica and the rest of the Girls along with SM. Is it because SM thinks that the fans are not wothy of the truth or are they hiding the reason to preserve the bad feeling from them?
>>
>>54922966
good question, maybe they want to save themselves the backlash, maybe they want to keep speculation going so that people would care more about them
>>
>>54922233
>>Someone hated netizen mentality as much as I do.

Thank you based, Anon. I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a Nu-jazz, Acid-jazz house pop girl group, with the clean and consistent visuals of Perfume meets Roisin Murphy. That would be something new and original. But, we all know how K-netz would react.

Japan seems a lot more free when it comes to this type of thing. Look at Polysics they are straight up inspired by Devo and you can definitely tell! From the fashion to the sound. Devo have their head domes, polysics have their orange jumpsuits and straight black visors.

Another reason why I'm not into Kpop anymore, it's how it warps your perception of beauty. People go from seeing an average person to an ugly one, if their face doesn't fit the very narrow vision of
>pale face
>V line chin
>face small, like a fist
>large eyes
>small narrow nose

It's really sad to see, even more so when netizen opinion actually effect the idols themselves, how many lines they did, how many shots they get in front of the camera, CF deals.

What happens to the esteem of the one considered ' the unpopular/ugly one' in the group?

I've seen discovered netizens also have an effect on Kdramas. Kdramas are wrote and shot as they go, with netizens giving feedback in forums. It's all well and good to have feedback from your audience, but you shouldn't be a slave to it. (I'm remembering now that Korean actress that got 'blacklisted ' from the industry after boarding a plan to a different country during filming, because she was ridiculously overworked.)

Is this why Kdrama have so many common tropes now, they are seen as cliches and easy to parody?

I.e- Nice poor girl and douche rich guy?

Thanks, for the info on the verbs. I wonder if translators just use the official word for 'to plagiarise'? Looks like it.
>>
>>54923058
>maybe they want to save themselves the backlash
I get the feeling that if the whole truth came out, it would make everyone look bad so they won't say it.
>>
>>54923075
>What happens to the esteem of the one considered ' the unpopular/ugly one' in the group?
Hyo deals with it just fine
Not sure about Yuri since she is considered fat now
>>
>>54923075
Koreans are shallow people most of the time. What else is new?
>>
>>54923173
We'll really never know how Hyoyeon really feels. She's an Idol, she has to keep a happy face.
>>
>>54923173
After all this time, I still don't understand why people say Hyo is 'ugly'. She's pretty. All the members of Girl's Generation are pretty. I really ABHOR the need fans and anti-fans have when it comes to ranking groups and members in groups.
>>
>>54923075
Hot dang, I'd love a group like that. Would probably become the one thing I'd check K-pop for. Too bad, though, that it'll probably never happen.

Yeah, that's all thanks of the whole conformity-by-playing-it-safe thing. Because that's what people want to see, that's what the industry delivers, and from that, people get used to seeing it and want to see more. It's sickening, toxic even, but it won't stop for the foreseeable future.

Crud, I didn't even know that about the dramas. Seriously? Ew, no. That just goes into the point of pampering the netizens all over again.

I'd imagine that's why Korean media in general is just full to the brim of stereotypes, actually. Everything I've seen, be it music, their comedy shows (and by that I mean weekly shows where they take the same skits with the hit buzzwords and change them slightly over and over again), even their gaming (absolutely atrocious, but I won't get into it) industry just tries its darnest to appeal to people by using what they're already used to. It's basically legalized state-wide conditioning.
>>
>>54923345
>I really ABHOR the need fans and anti-fans have when it comes to ranking groups and members in groups.
Same here
>>
>>54923213
people like you are stereotyping racists. what else is new?
>>
>>54923213
Lets not act like International fans are any better.
>>
File: 3mCEYb.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3mCEYb.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
I like it in the way I like some western pop (Marina, Taylor Swift, PC Music, etc) - it's catchy and entertaining. Idol culture doesn't appeal to me, but the music is ridiculously fun to listen to.
>>
>>54923424
they're all bad, end of story

>>54923401
i'll third that
>>
>>54923465
This
>>
>>54919604
I want to discuss the music in KPG but it rarely happens. So I adjusted.
>>
>>54923512
and to think we've been shunning norms all this time in this thread
>>
>>54923512
>I want to discuss the music
This guy actually discusses music in kpop. Quite interesting

https://www.youtube.com/user/MRJKPOP
>>
>>54923257
This. When your self is a product to sell to the public, you can't be honest about yourself lest they see your flaws and imperfections.
>>
>>54923465
I don't think it's possible to look attractive in those high-waisted shorts that people love so much these days.
>>
>>54923664

If the person has good hips, they look good. If they don't, what's the use?
>>
>>54923257
Hyo is aware that most people think she is not pretty, she is aware that she is not all that relevant. I mean, she was surprised when the fans in France named her the prettiest member, same happened when some guy chose her instead of Yoona to be his date or some shit. In a recent show with Yuri, Tiff and Hyo, Tiff just outright said to Hyo to be more confident in herself. Not to mention that several members wanted to be Hyo if they had to choose because despite all that bullshit, she is still able to keep the rest of the group smiling when the time gets tough
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.