[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you like that /mu/ hates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: tyler.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tyler.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
I like Tyler, the Creator. /mu/ despises him.

>inb4 teen, inb4 underaged, inb4 its shit and you should feel like shit for liking it. i don't care.

What about you, /mu/?
>>
Phish's early stuff, Tool, NIN
>>
Tyler, The Creator is edgy as fuck for no reason and is literally the shittiest lyricist of all time. You honestly should feel ashamed for liking him. Embarrassing.
>>
blur
>>
>>54892139
>Things you like that /mu/ hates
Why would I do something plebish like go against the consensus of /mu/ on every listening decision I make?
>>
>>54892184
Hopsin fangay detected.
>>
>>54892172
I don't think I've ever really seen /mu/ show any hate towards NIN, and Tool hasn't gotten a lot of hate. Maybe a little though.

>>54892184
:^) im glad you took the time out of your day to tell me this. Glad you have your priorities straight, anon.
>>
PBVSGR
>>
>>54892202
If I don't like Tyler, The Creator, why the fuck would I enjoy Hopsin? Underaged hip-hop fags need to leave this fucking board already.
>>
ANCO
>>
>>54892184
>>54892202
No this anon is right you're just a bitch

every tyler / ofwkasjdlfkfjls song is like
KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL
>>
>>54892233
Hopsin hates Tyler. That means if you hate Tyler you like Hopsin.
>>
File: ratatat-lp3.jpg (210 KB, 1417x1408) Image search: [Google]
ratatat-lp3.jpg
210 KB, 1417x1408
idk how much /mu/ dislikes it but LP3 by Ratatat is one of my favorite albums ever and i havent seen it
>>
AC/DC and Van Halen
It's pretty good
>>
/mu/ loved the shit outta him in 2010 and 11. Plus Wolf and Bastard still get love here.
>>
>>54892235
Mu likes AnCo, most of the recent hardcore hate is a meme
>>
Bastard is okay but the novelty has long worn off.
Goblin is just bad.
Wolf is okay, but it has no focus. The songs don't feel cohesive.
>>
>>54892185
13 is fucking awesome
>>
File: 1994-03-04_01.jpg (69 KB, 604x511) Image search: [Google]
1994-03-04_01.jpg
69 KB, 604x511
Hole
>>
>>54892139

>liking kanye more than tyler
>ever

god you guys are p4k drone white faggots
>>
File: Plastic Ono Band.jpg (27 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Plastic Ono Band.jpg
27 KB, 220x220
>>54892338
Yoko Ono is the musically superior witch-cunt
>>
>>54892139
i like this too anon, good album imo, not flawless, but still good.
>>
>>54892139
There are things I like about him, and I loved him for a time 3 years ago, but now it's just like... I've matured faster than he has and I just look at him and go "dude you need to get your shit together and do something worthwhile again"

He has talent, but the things that he wants to do are all "summer camps and riding bikes" and it's not very good, while the shit that he's good at, the legitimately personal songs like Answer, or Bastard, or Lone, are actually pretty good. And as a guilty pleasure I enjoy some of his bangers too. He needs to stop doing this "Treehome95" shit, because it's not interesting. I have faith, though. C'mon dude.
>>
>>54892139
Stop making this same thread with the same image over and over again. Why the fuck are you so obsessed with /mu/ validating your opinion? Are you that insecure?
>>
>>54892172
hey kid nin's my favorite band
>>
guess these are hard times to be a blur fan on /mu/...
>>
>>54892172
I seem to be the only person who likes Phish who isn't DUDE WEED LMAO. it's impossible to talk about them in any serious context
>>
>>54892185
Nobody here hates Blur except butthurt Oasis fans.
>>
>>54892264
Yeah I love ratatat but whenever I post it people call me middle school core.
>>
File: pbmtgr.jpg (49 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
pbmtgr.jpg
49 KB, 658x658
>>
Tame Impala - Lonerism

While I think Innerspeaker is just an average fun album (I'd score it as a 6'5-7/10, but it's not really remarkable, I think is kinda a revival, nothing we haven't seen before)

But I fell in love with Lonerism, I almost love everything about this album, that synth, that voice, that fucking bass dude, and the perfect balance with those cool guitars!

Also Apocalypse Dreams is GOAT
>>
>>54893148
The bass on Lonerism is great for sure. Not my favorite album, but it's definitely got some really good tracks.
>>
>>54892889
I hate Blur AND Oasis. I like The Stone Roses though.
>>
>>54892139
lol even tyler thinks goblin is trash, there are some highlights but the album is the definition of obnoxious
>>
13 year old with daddy issues core
>>
>>54893206
Source on him thinking it's trash? I've heard a lot of people around here saying he thinks that, but I've never seen the video or interview or whatever it is.
>>
Nobody here is oldfag enough to remember this, but 5 years ago Tyler/Odd Future was treated exactly like Death Grips is treated now on /mu/. Pretty funny how much he's shit on now, and it's going to be just as funny in 5 years when the board universally despises DG. Guess it's just the life cycle of edgy music, same fate of Korn, Slipknot, etc.
>>
>>54892765
Exactly this. I think a lot of their early stuff is decent. I also grew up in Vermont, so that was a big reason too.
>>
I like Nirvana
>>
>>54892524
This. It's not that we matured faster, it's that Tyler wants to pander to an audience, and "act like a kid" even though I only think he does that for his image. You know he can make some phenomenal shit, but he chooses to pander and be a lazy lyricist 'FUCK THAT GOLF WANG' cool. 'TRASHWANG NIGGA' cool, another joke song.
>>54892184
He's really not, though. What he is is lazy. He's a lazy lyricist who would rather not really try than to say some meaningful shit. Dude is obviously somewhat intelligent, yet his music doesn't reflect that. He needs to get over the whole edgy swear every 5 seconds and rap about bullshit and onto at least different topics and concepts. He's clever, just fucking lazy as shit.
>>
>>54893244
>5 years ago
>oldfag
Okay. But yes, I remember. The difference is, Tyler was an edgy teenager with edgy lyrics and shitty repetitive beats. DG at least has something going with their unique instrumentation/beats, and their later stuff has some great lyrics. However, people are starting to dislike their older stuff, myself included. It's got some raw energy that I really enjoy, but the fan base is really starting to make a joke out of the music and my brain is starting to associate the cancer of the fanbase to the music, so it's starting to annoy me.
>>
>>54893400
>he's not dumb or edgy, h-he's just lazy!
>n-no he's really smart!
How has he done ANYTHING to prove he's smart or a good musician? All three records he put out have not displayed that at all. So tell me, what has he done to make you think he can make something worthwhile? Also, how the fuck do you think he is clever in any way?
>>
>>54892889
please
>>
>>54893244
DG needs to do a live album, and a documentary about thier tour across america then break up, and wait like 10 years and get back together.
Then they will be legends.
DG are more mature than odd future.
>>
>>54893485
I didn't say he wasn't edgy, my bad on that. I think he tries way too fucking hard to be edgy
>MUH BILL O REILLY
stfu Tyler, bill doesnt even know you exist

To prove he's a good musician? Umm I don't know to me personally I love his songwriting and choice of chords. His production is pretty cool even though it went in a way different direction then I foresaw. To prove he's smart? Well, he's created a pretty big brand from his own creativity and obviously has some business savvy to him, but besides that his earlier lyrics indicate to me he's clever. I'm not even trying to cape for the dude, I'm just disappointed because I thought he'd be so much better by now.
>>
>>54892461
wolf is better
>>54892374
>tyler/of fans not being the whitest ever
>>
Blur, Chvrches, One Direction, Bastille
>>
>>54892221
>>54893083
Hey, you two should join a bad taste club
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.