[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can music be as shocking as art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 1427949571297s.jpg (4 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1427949571297s.jpg
4 KB, 250x230
can music be as shocking as art?
>>
>>54806671
Industrial was pretty crazy but they often used theatrical elements in their performances.so I don't think so. What's so great about shock art anyway?
>>
>what is the Gerogerigegege
>>
>>54806671
no, because the eyes are more easily deceived than the ears
>>
>>54806712
>Being annoying is the same as evoking disgust
>>
>>54806671
>can music be as shocking as art?
Music is art by itself so...
>>
I'M CUMMING UP YOUR ASS
I'M SO BORED WITH YOUR CUNT
YOU WON'T LIKE IT SUGAR
TRY TO BE GRATEFUL
TAKE MY COCK YOU YOU WHORE
ITS ALL YOU DESERVE
I'M CUMMING UP YOUR AAAAAAAAAASS
>>
>>54806671
Duchamp was a successful troll, not an artist

Dadaism and anti art shouldn't be considered art
>>
>>54806750
You must have such a highly refined palate for the arts :^)
>>
maybe not in the same sense but yes definetly, music is art
heres a good example
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QdK3g1mXjmQ
>>
To think that in the 50's, Elvis' dancing was too offensive for television. I can't really think of too many things that would be shocking today. I mean, it's not hard to get super-conservatives angry, but there aren't a lot of things in art that are really "shocking" anymore, short of maybe, like, suicide on stage or something.
>>
>>54806750
Why not?
>>
>>54806750
Anything intended to be art is art, that doesn't mean it's worthy of any sort of respect though.

Duchamp and the 2deep4u gang ruined modern experimental art with their "meaning" bullshit, visual art should first and foremost be about aesthetics.
>>
>>54806757
>>54806777
the point of dadaism was that it's not art. they would make things that are "not art".

it's kind of like art though.
>>
nine inch nails is more shocking than r. mutt or whoever this is a fact
i defy you to hear reptile and not have despair at the end of religion on the spot
what's shocking about a urinal anyway? nothing at all. put it on a pedestal in a gallery but you only will shock the monocle men who are shocked at certain poodle groomings
this is all facts
>>
>>54806671
To be shocking from a visual standpoint is easy. To be shocking from an audio standpoint is impossible unless you use gimmicks. If you use gimmicks your shit is just stale.
>>
gg allin tho
>>
>ITT: /mu/ thinks a musician's antics makes their music shocking.
>>
>>54806795
you're such a fucking dork. Dadaism is the probably the most fascinating, and perhaps the most superior form of expression on the planet. Everything is art, you nerd.
>>
>>54806815
gg allin was too serious. You could see it in his interviews. Anal Cunt did a way better job.
>>
>>54806750
Then Noise shouldn't be considered music too.
>>
>>54806712
>>54806771
>>54806815
not even talking about the music though
>>
>>54806831
It's not. It's noise
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA
>>
>>54806842
So you're a fag then. It's ok.
>>
>>54806828
duchamp even coined the term "anti-art", you fucking mong

>>54806831
>>54806842
arguable. when merzbow first started he wanted to make anti-music, but then people started calling noise music so now he just makes music.
>>
Duchamp is purposely trying to piss you off and it isn't 45 minutes long, so no.
>>
>>54806862
Why do you want it to be music though? Why can't it just be noise. Does it not being music diminish it's worth to you?
>>
File: Anal_Cunt_-_Fuckin'_A_cover.jpg (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Anal_Cunt_-_Fuckin'_A_cover.jpg
31 KB, 250x250
This is the best example of "shocking" music that you anti-grindcore/noise faggots could enjoy.

Granted, their earlier shit was better.
>>
>>54806885
gay
>>
>>54806891
calling me gay for liking anal cunt is redundant you stupid faggot
>>
>>54806828
Dadaism, like art in general, is related to the culture. Superiority of a culture is subjective, so therefore art is subjective you fuckin cucklord
>>
>>54806906
that's the fucking joke you aspie how could it not be more obvious
>>
Riots broke out at the first performance of the Rite of Spring. So I would say it an be as shocking and more.
>>
>>54806671
When I hear screaming in death metal I am shocked
>>
>>54806917
>not knowing I was playing along

Who's the sperglord now?
>>
File: cRDbtRr[1].png (80 KB, 252x199) Image search: [Google]
cRDbtRr[1].png
80 KB, 252x199
>>54806934
damn...
>>
>>54806786
don't fuckin shit talk duchamp you little fuckin bitch. i will break your spine over my knee
>>
>>54807283
I mean he deserves some respect for being the first big artist to say "dude fuck art lmao", and it would have been cool/edgy at the time, but since then EVERYONE has tried to jump onto the "it can be as shitty and effortless as possible as long as I make it seem deep" wagon that he pioneered, which has raped the art industry beyond repair. It only worked once, but it's been run into the ground to the point of ludicrosity, and the rest of visual art has gone with it.
>>
>>54806862

That isn't even a controversial statement, serious noise fans will tell you it isn't music
>>
>>54806786

as if Duchamp never developed an aesthetic, los shut up
>>
>>54806786
Duchamp was above all of that though
he was aware enough to know that throwing stones at "the academy" was useless, unlike other artists associated with Dadaism.
>>
>>54806786
The only meaning that came out of Dadaism was it's meaninglessness. That was the whole point. There isn't a deeply symbolic message to be taken from sound poetry and definitely not from Duchamps work.

You're looking for deep meaning and overlooking the shallow point. Total pleb.
>>
>>54806671
yes, behold:

http://sounz.org.nz/sample_video/3055

>Music is made with the performers urine

top shock
>>
Is that a picture of the new blur album?
>>
File: 1425467056407.gif (1 MB, 291x204) Image search: [Google]
1425467056407.gif
1 MB, 291x204
Conceptual art is the cancer of modern art, if a work needs explanation to be appreciated it's quite simply shit.
>>
are you guys.... being ironic... i cant tell
>>
>>54808030
Most conceptual art doesn't need explaining, it's just you who needs it explained.
>>
the fountain was made like 70 years ago... why is music so behind...
>>
>>54808086
evrybody loves the butt
>>
>>54806879
Shut up poser
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.