[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is RYM's list of highest rated Japan albums: https
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: nippon[1].gif (9 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
nippon[1].gif
9 KB, 608x405
This is RYM's list of highest rated Japan albums: https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=0&genres=&include=both&origin_countries=Japan&limit=none&countries=

Do you agree with it?
>>
no Toe or Fishmans in top 100. shit list
>>
Boris and vidya soundtracks, yeah great.
>>
>Video game soundtracks

No, those are completely worthless.
>>
More or less agrees with the taste of the typical RYM/mu consensus, you know, the boris, bordems, fishmans, YWO, nujabes etc

What more can you ask for, Japanese music really is just American music but 5-10 years too late
>>
>>54703725
>>54703788
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=0&include_child_genres=0&genres=video+game+music%2C+film+score%2C+television+music&include=both&origin_countries=Japan&limit=none&countries=

Excluded all the OSTs.
>>
>1 - gaymen
>2 - overrated
>3 - meme
That being said it could be a lot worse.
>>
>>54703752
Long season is in the top 20.
>>
File: 1422157736266.png (178 KB, 287x369) Image search: [Google]
1422157736266.png
178 KB, 287x369
>>54703725
>10 top are mango/video game soundtracks
fucking garbage
>>
Does any one know any good Japanese metal bands that they can recommend? I'm looking for bands like maximum the hormone.
>>
>>54703824
Looks better. Haven't listened to most of these so can't comment.
>>
>>54703890
Boku No Pico
>>
>>54703824
Though there are some disagreeable choices, it's a worthwhile list overall. And good Lord, RYM needs to stop worshiping Boris as hard as they do.

芸能山城組 having 'new age' as their main tag is also strangely depressing. Maybe it's just because I associate the genre with Enya and Yanni and middle-aged mothers doing yoga.
>>
>>54703890
Boris no pico
>>
I need to rep Ground Zero's Revolutionary Pekingese Opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeVL1GTjD7g
>>
>>54703824
>>54703725
Why is Flood so high? Pink and amplifier worship are better.
>>
>>54703840
well thought out and articulated criticisms, my main man!
>>
>>54703725
I was wondering about the lack of LRD until
I saw this was albums only
>>
>>54703890
not him, but does anyone actually know any? 98% of the jap metall bands I find are visual kei garbage that sounds like generic dogshit. How do those bands actually make any money? I assume it's just about a quick buck somehow because there is a fuckin million of them, all with the same retarded look and sound. The only two metal bands I found that were somewhat ok were dir en grey (but all of their shit is really drawn out and experimental), deathgaze, and I guess angry frog rebirth if you consider them metal. The gazette is terrible, maximize the hormone is whatever.
>>
>>54704385
>98% of the jap metall bands I find are visual kei garbage that sounds like generic dogshit.

That's really not true at all, but yes a large amount of metal bands in Japan are visual kei, the reason being that a lot of bands never outgrew that glam rock style.

If you like stuff like Dir en grey and deathgaze, you're probably into metalcore/deathcore, which has a large scene in Japan.

HONE YOUR SENSE
Crystal Lake
Before my Life Fails
Her Name in Blood
a crowd of rebellion
kamomekamome
water weed
Crossfaith
etc

if you want less -core stuff,

Galneryus
Azuma
Sigh
Serpent
Boris
Cyclamen
MergingMoon

I'm sure there's more. I stopped following the metal scene in general in January 2014.

Japan has a ton of great music in every genre, but people usually cling to anime/j-rock/game music.. Which is fine, but there's so much more out there.
>>
>>54704092
Flood is the best album of all time. not even b8
>>
>>54704615
Misspelled Amuza.

Also Gonin-Ish is a prog metal band. There's another option too.
>>
>>54704615
thanks, I'll check these bands out
guess I forgot to mention crossfaith, I also like blood stain child
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.