[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yall are sleeping on Janelle Monae. Listen to just the single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: janelle-monae-archandroid-cover.jpg (538 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
janelle-monae-archandroid-cover.jpg
538 KB, 1500x1500
Yall are sleeping on Janelle Monae. Listen to just the single Wondaland. Then listen to Archandroid.
>>
"no"
>>
>>54565356
Sell it to me, what am I missing? If you hook me I'll check it in the morning.
>>
trash, p sure she posts here too
>>
>>54565371
prett good neo/psycadelic soul/pop
>>
Yeah I'm sleeping on an album from five years ago
>>
>>54565371
just listen to wondaland. that's wat ur missing
>>
I'm not sleeping on her though, she's one of the GOAT r&b artists
>>
then listen to Dance or Die. not gonna lie I saw this album on Anthany Fantano last night.
>>
>>54565386
she's fuckin hot
>>
>>54565356
That's actually one of my favorite albums ever. I didn't like her most recent album for some reason though
>>
Prince featured on her album. Prince. featured. on. her. album.

That doesn't happen really
>>
You should've been here at release time. Threads were everywhere.
>>
>>54565815
I've been paying a lot of attention to hiphop, is there anything else comparable to Janelle?
>>
>>54565356
"Sincerely, Jane" gives me life.
>>
>>54565947
I wonder how much involvement Janelle Monae actually has in the production/composing.
>>
>>54566031
I think it's entirely the 2 guys, but she probably writes the lyrics.
>>
I fucking love this album. The collab with of Montreal was great as was her collab with Big Boi. Such a chill, fast, poppy, soul record. Its perfect.

Her EP was also amazing, but her latest album was a little too poppy for me even though I still likes it.
>>
>>54566323
The of Montreal thing is the weak point for me. Doesn't fit in at all.
>>
Tightrope might be the best dance pop single of the last decade
>>
>>54566506
how is it that I just found this shit. I'm on the wrong channels. /r/ hiphopheads isnt enough
>>
i just peed in my hotel sink. idgaf. suck my short cock
>>
take her back to wondaland! She thinks she left her underpants!
>>
>>54565919
eh not really. The first thing that comes to mind actually is To Pimp a Butterfly just for its hyperlinear storytelling and history-citing genre bends
>>54566223
if she wasn't overseeing every detail how would it be so cohesive? She's obviously in charge though she doesn't do the production herself
>>
>>54567357
It could be someone else overseeing every detail though. I want it to be Janelle herself, because that would mean anything with her name on it from here on out would be dope, but idk.
>>
>>54567357
From what I read in interviews I got the impression the guys are huge smarty-pants bookworms who had a vision for a kind of brand they wanted to establish and they're highly competent. Janelle is crucial to the formula as far as I'm concerned but I think of her as the frontwoman for a band with 2 other invisible members.
>>
>>54567748
>54567748
hmm
>>
this thread is literally shit OP, everyone and their fucking mothers has listened to this album it came out 5 years ago
>>
>>54567862
5 years ago i didnt listen to r&b. I just hope someone on here listens to this shit. i drunk
>>
>>54567895
eat/drink something OP, it's a great album and she is great but janelle hype has petered out significantly
>>
>>54565356
This album is the best of the decade so far. The story telling puts TPAB to shame
>>
>>54567930
Honestly a good thing, better a casual topic than a meme.
>>
>>54568041
The lyrics have charm but they're really nothing amazing. It's a Sun Ra flavored "just b urself :^)" message.
>>
>>54568041
Underrated as fuck for sure. But then again underrated on a place like /mu/ is a good thing
>>
>>54568119
Follows the plot of the film metropolis but with afro futurism. I also prefer the subtly of the story as compared to the blatant messages on TPAB that pretty much shove the theme doen your throat(still love TPAB btw)
>>
>>54568041
Dude. I think I have to agree. I was a fan of Good Kid MAAD City, and I heard TPAB and Archandroid in the same day. I need to relisten to TPAB because rap is a little different than R&B.
>>
>>54568041
Maybe it's just me, but the second half isn't just as strong as the first half

>>54568126
>Archandroid
>underrated on /mu/
pffft hahaha
>>
>>54568041
TPAB is one thing, but GKMC is another
>>
>>54568184
The first half is full of bangers. Second half is less gratifying but just as good. The final song is one of the best after all.
>>
>>54568041
TPAB is ok i guess. It's cool to see a black icon telling the blacks what is what. But isnt Archangel beyond that thinking?
>>
bump for good music
>>
Contemporary R&B is really meh

Neo soul and modern funk are alright

Traditional R&B is better
>>
She's fucking great. Anyone who doesn't know her shit is a pleb.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.