[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Prodigy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: the-prodigy-the-day-is-my-enemy.jpg (112 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
the-prodigy-the-day-is-my-enemy.jpg
112 KB, 750x422
Anyone made there way through it yet? Thoughts? It just leaked.
>>
havnt listened to them since highschool, they should probably give it up
>>
link?
>>
I gave it a listen, the music videos are honestly more interesting than the music itself
>>
>>54535798
Really? I thought their last album was the most cohesive and best one by far. Invaders Must Die has been played to death everywhere, but the rest of the album was solid as well. I'm not really a Prodigy fan, but I think that album is great.
>>
>>54535814
Sent :^)
>>
bumping

curious if it's good
>>
>>54537570
Same
>>
>>54535856
>Invaders Must Die
>best
what the fuck is wrong with you have you even heard Music for the Jilted Generation?
>>
>>54537969
this.
>>
>>54537969
Experience remains their best though.
>>
>>54538068
Haha no
>mfw hipsters hate on TFOTL
>>
>>54538068
theyre 2 distinctly different records, its like comparing pretty hate machine to the downward spiral
most consider jilted generation to be the best, but experience is the most influential, also charly is still goat bbhc
>>
>>54537969
It's actually the only CD of theirs I own. That said Invaders was the first (and might be the only) album I heard in full, I had only previously heard singles. I just like how "full-on" Invaders is.
>>
>>54538121
Fat was just ok. There's better Prodigy stuff and there's better big beat.
>>
>>54538159
you need to go on youtube and listen to Jilted Generation all the way through. youll snap Invaders in half and buy a Roland W30 and start wearing white and green track suits by the end of it.
>>
>>54538190
>you need to go on youtube and listen

Get the fuck off /mu/
>>
>>54538218
its fastest m8 he has no time to waste
>>
>>54538190
I meant Jilted is the only CD I own, but I've only heard bits of it. I guess I'll give it a listen on Spotify later, cause who owns a CD player these days. What little I've heard of old Prodigy sounds a bit dated to me, that's probably heresy to fans. Whenever I start listening to some old track, I soon go back to Invaders. This is the only band I can think of where I do such a thing. I'm sure I'm offending some people by just stating that, I'm sorry.
>>
>>54538288
ok youre far too polite, i forgive you. it is a tad dated in 2015, since it was produced using just a sampler keyboard and a few old rolands but i just suggest listening to it since its pretty much the illmatic of breakbeat hardcore.
>>
>>54538068

it's a sad state of affairs that people are making fun of you for saying the truth. but then again i doubt they were ever up to their ears in shitty early 90s techno so i mean..... shit.

looking back from a later starting point i can see why it'd be silly if your semantics for "electronic music" come from the future.
>>
>>54538330
i literally just mentioned Charly is the greatest of all time breakbeat hardcore song, despite Jilted Generation being the superior album what more do you want?
>>
The leak is the censored version btw, why do clean versions of albums still exist in the year 2015? Most redundant thing ever
>>
>>54538360

i wasn't talking about you... hell i don't even know who you are. i was talking about the other 2 people. but carry on tho cuz passionate posting is great!
>>
Experience > MftJG >>>> FotL > The other 2
>>
>>54538360

oh wait you trailed off and said that... i didnt read the whole message and slagged you off, so i guess "people" references the first reply.

>my bad

uhhhh shit. how can i make this up to you? ummm..... fuck. i dont know. any ideas?
>>
>>54538369
for radio play, if it's the clean version that leaked then most likely it's a radio promo copy
>>
>>54538374
*squints*
>>
>>54538412

yeah dude insomnia alcohol and resin hits aren't exactly pushing me to the peak of my posting powers here.

what do you think of firestarter by chance? did you like that record for about a week or two b4 you realized what you did?
>>
>>54538430
all good, also res hits are terribly corrosive i can tell you that from experience aha
i mean i remember when firestarter first started airing on mtv and i didnt really understand what i was listening to. fat of the land caught on with me by 98 but i never liked it as much as their earlier work. it felt overproduced idk
also flinty always looks like hes dying while performing and its both sad and hilarious. e is a hell of a drug
>>
>>54538530

resin hits aren't by choice mon frere. they're slightly worse than knowing you dropped a big chunk of a nug on the floor early in the sack when you're like "fuck it, i got more" and then towards the end you're like dammit wheres that little nuglet i know it's at least one solid hit that will set me up for the next hour here WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

it reminds me of how when i was younger i was told that a "tweaker" is defined as someone who knows there's another bump/piece/blast on the carpet down there. c'est la vie, no?

but yeah or me the prodigy was some really really early stuff before i discovered aphex twin and music got a whole lot better. it's funny that years later i was at a cubs game with a friend and his then-gf, who supposedly was THE reason that euro mtv started airing reruns of YO! MTV RAPS back in the early 00s.....

welp this chick claudine and me got in an argument over who was a better/more-important musical outfit... the prodigy or aphex twin. her argument was the prodigy was pop and therefore wins, my argument was that aphex twin is a transcendental genius and therefore he wins.

in the end, neither of us won.

but yeah by the time i heard "smack my bitch up" the prodigy thing was about over for me. grabbing this album right now = the first time i've tried to listen to them since 97-98 or something (excepting occasional listens of early EPs/experience/jilted) so we'll see what happens.

...and there is at least 2-3 hits on my floor somewhere. i need a fucking flashlight! </tweaker>
>>
>>54535768
link?
>>
>>54538630

www.soulseekqt.net
>>
>>54538647
no mega link?
>>
>>54535856
Not even close, Warriors Dance and Stand Up were good, but everything else was thrash.
>>
>>54538721

i didnt' see one so i went on slsk and found it there. just trying to help as best i can dude
>>
>>54537570
>curious if it's good

Then fucking listen to it yourself, what the hell is wrong with you?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.