[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is so phenomenal on acid wow Best third wave post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: domakesaythink.jpg (248 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
domakesaythink.jpg
248 KB, 900x900
This album is so phenomenal on acid wow
Best third wave post rock band?
>>
>>53846368

Do Make Say Think isn't Third Wave.
But yes, they are fantastic.
>>
post-rock by the numbers
>>
>>53846368
In mind is such a great song
>>
Yes.
&Yet &Yet is one of my favorite albums all time.
No one appreciates them though and I'll just let that be.
>>
everything wrong with "third wave" post-rock.
>>
you're right op, do make say think is phenomenal. they were my first concert. i saw them back in 2007 when they were touring for this album and it still stands as one of the best concerts i've ever been to. i had never heard of them prior to my friend taking me to this concert but im glad he did because they are among one of the best post-rock groups out there.
>>
Just listen to classical you retards. Sure it takes more knowledge and attentiveness but you'll be glad that you're actually listening to decent music.
>>
>>53847053
this

stop being such plebs
>>
File: 1404254002994.jpg (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1404254002994.jpg
57 KB, 250x250
>>53847014
i don't think you know what you're talking about. but incase you have some sort of informed opinion on them ill beg the question, why are they the epitome of everything wrong with "third wave" post-rock?

also give me examples of better bands please.
>>
>>53847053
god you're right what have I been doing with my life?
what else can I learn from you?
should I eat meat?
should I go to school or start my own business?
is exercise important or should I just try to do something great intellectually?
should I read the great philosophers or write my own?
>>
>>53847053
*tips fredericia*
>>
>>53847128
Stop listening to bad music and settling for mediocrity, and the rest will write itself. Hope that helped.
>>
Oh god, classicaltards are the worst.
>>
File: vaporparadise.png (187 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
vaporparadise.png
187 KB, 500x396
>>53846368
It sure is reddit in here. This album isn't good at all, DMST's only decent album is Enemy Airship, and even then their jazz influence becomes more of a gimmick than an interesting aspect of their music. It's devoid of any real passion or emotion, and lacks technical prowess to compensate. The sounds and textures are hardly anything to write home about, they're too lacking, especially considering the textures are emphasized more than the melodies.
>>
>>53847053
nice superiority complex you got there. people get different things out of all different types of music. why should i confine myself to classical when DMST provide some of the dankest melodies around?

what makes you the arbiter of great taste anyway? i don't listen to music to get the approval of some close minded anonymous teenage scum on /mu/
>>
File: 1423881763011.png (439 KB, 509x623) Image search: [Google]
1423881763011.png
439 KB, 509x623
>>53847206
>>
>>53847202
>Enemy Airship

You just picked a random album from their discography, didn't you.
>>
File: brilliant.gif (366 KB, 320x223) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.gif
366 KB, 320x223
>>53847171
>>
>>53847171

well you can spot the mediocrity but can you back it up? what makes do make say think so lame anyway?
>>
DMST is second wave though

I think their newest album is very underrated. More to-the-point than the other ones.
>>
>>53847128
>>53847195
>>53847206
This album and similar acts offer NOTHING that classical cannot. It's essentially bargain-bin classical for rockists. Drop the cool, aloof act and face the facts. I'm not saying this just to espouse the superiority of classical, I'm attempting to steer you all in the right direction.
>>
>>53847238
No. I selected the only album that epitomizes their body of work.
>>
>>53847263
i will follow you
tell me about your day
how should i be living?
i'm already sold but just curious
>>
>>53847263
your posts offer nothing that watching paint dry could not
>>
>>53847288
I'm a 28-year-old living with his mom who mourns the death of r/jailbait
>>
>>53847275
That makes no sense because the only album similar to Enemy Airship's the debut.
>>
>>53847361
thank you
my goals are clear to me
>>
>>53847263
Classical music is all trash though. it's literal, objective trash.

It's garbage for the lowest common denominator retards. It's worse than Brostep, worse than EDM, and worse than Crunkcore.

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than listen to some old white man from the 1800's make music.
>>
Do Make Say Shit is indeed pretty bad, but classical is even worse. Don't listen to that tard.
>>
b8 world
>>
>>53847202

devoid of any real passion or emotion? are you sure you're not the one devoid of any real passion or emotion?

i mean you have an interesting critique of their music but i think its all baseless and unfounded. its like you're saying words but none of them are true.

personally i find their jazz influence great and refreshing from all of their other post rock counterparts. aside from tortoise i can't really think of any other major act that does the whole jazz thing in the post rock scene.

the lack of technical ability isn't a real complaint as do make say think excels in their simplicity. the sounds and textures thing is so pretentious, that's subjective if anything and i just disagree. the use of horns, multiple guitars, keyboards and two drummers make for a complete sound that can be very rewarding in a lot of their songs.

also i completely disagree with the "textures" having a higher importance in the band than their melodies. that's what the band really is, is just an awesome melody or riff played over and over till it reaches a climatic sort of end.
>>
So, which casting group do you guys prefer? Siberian Mouse or Candydoll? Or some other group?
>>
>>53847263

dmst offers a jazz influence and a rock/folk/pop sensibility that you can't get from classical. im attempting to make you realize that there are many different facets to music and having a narrow minded single view of music is the most pleb thing you can be
>>
>>53847527
What a pedestrian way of looking at things. How in the world are 'influences' more important than composition?
>>
>>53847597
i never said that influence is more important that composition.

the person i replied to said

>This album and similar acts offer NOTHING that classical cannot.

and i listed their jazz/rock/folk/pop influence as something that they offer that classical does not
>>
>>53847597
It's even more pedestrian to ignore the rest of his post because he suggested that you stop being a narrow-minded shithead for one second.
>>
>>53847597
you've done so little to convince me that your way of life is more rewarding. I'm beginning to doubt my messiah
>>
The best third wave post-rock band are [spoiler]the new Swans[/spoiler]
>>
>>53846368
>Best third wave post rock band?
Battles
>>
>>53847132
Vastly underrated post
>>
>>53847527
>a jazz influence and a rock/folk/pop sensibility that you can't get from classical.
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>53847884
battles are third wave?
battles are post-rock?
>>
>>53847920
well show me some examples.im genuinely interested in hearing some. do you think those examples would be better than do make say think?
>>
Why do you guys have to ruin everything I love?
>>
>>53848396
fuck other people. i love when dummies on /mu/ shit on the music i like. think about who you're dealing with
>>
>>53849337
Who?
>>
>>53850673
the type of people that just shit on music like they know better than you
imagine their life
and then stop thinking about them
and just live yours in a way that is rewarding.
>>
>>53846368
I like Winter Hymn better but yes, it's amazing
>>
File: ice.gif (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ice.gif
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>53850831
superior winter hymnal coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gml-nAJGRbY
>>
>>53847933

PEOPLE WONT BE PEOPLE WONT BE PEOPLE WONT BE PEOPLE WONT BE PEOPLE WONT BE PEOPLE WONT BE WHEN THEY HEAR THE SOUND
>>
Is this the album that has akron/family on it?
>>
>>53851140
yes
>>
>>53851164
then I love this album haha
>>
fuck off /classical/fags

dmst shits all over your crappy prehistoric music
>>
>>53851477
What composers have you even listened to?
>>
>>53852497
the Birdman soundtrack
>>
>>53852497
Clint Mansell
>>
There's so much better, more interesting third wave out there.

Shalabi effect comes to mind.
>>
Every album is phenomenal on acid.
This is one of my favorite post rock albums, and A With Living is one of the best tracks they have ever done.
Enemy Airship is more interesting as a whole though.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.