[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /mu/ ever made someone's career? Like they posted their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1412640897329.jpg (132 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
1412640897329.jpg
132 KB, 716x716
Has /mu/ ever made someone's career? Like they posted their soundcloud or youtube and you guy's somehow put them in the spotlight?
>>
http://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S31035283
>>
There was this stupid bitch
>>
>>53760259
lorde

My friends now know about Viper and they don't even know about 4chan but it's probably because of some domino effect shit that started here
>>
Also I can never remember whether /mu/ or Reddit were the ones who made Yung Lean popular.
>>
>>53760259
i mean, the mixtape is good, and now he's on a world scale in hip-hop, but he used guerilla marketing on /mu/ for the longest time too
>>
>>53760348
It's the same group of kids anyway. Reminder that it was /mu/ who brought "le wrong generation" shitposting onto Reddit, not the other way around.
>>
Vektroid and vaporwave in general only got popular because of /mu/ and tumblr. Same goes for Azealia Banks.
>>
Death Grips
>>
>>53760259
HANL
>>
>>53760292
>>53760315

/mu/ didnt really break Lorde she's had UMG behind her for a while

Still cool she posted here but just sayin

>>53760366

Same for Chance, the industry/press proper had his back
>>
>>53760366
just because people made threads and talked about him doesn't mean it was all some genius manufactured marketing ploy. but, if you have something more substantial to put forward as proof...
>>
>>53760478
Yeah mu definitely helped to popularize death grips. Whether or not they would have gotten this popular without us is debatable, but there's no denying that we helped
>>
>>53760564
I'd say they probably owe more to the board than most of the other artists posted
>>
>>53760564
What makes you say that? I'm not disagreeing just curious what makes you say that.
>>
>>53760658
/mu/'s been on the hype train since the Full Moon video and their first EP, giving it enough attention for p4k and the like to showcase Exmilitary. Yeah Zach Hill has some notability, but all the pre-Exmilitary hype built them up into the internet phenomenon they became with The Money Store
>>
>>53760725
>internet phenomenon
you mean meme
>>
Viper. There was a thread about things on Amazon and one trip posted Viper. It only took three threads for people to start acknowledging that his music's actually really enjoyable and idiosyncratic but somebody went and shared it on Reddit and it didn't take long for him to become a huge meme. Funny how nobody else can respect him like people did here.
>>
>>53760259
Viper
Lorde (kinda)
Vektroid
Birdmask
Death Grips
Yung Lean
All I can think off atm
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.